Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    As I wrote in the Jean thread...I loved this issue. I love the team dynamic and I'm excited that Storm has joined. Storm is such a great character and deserves so much more than what she gets in X-men Gold. I want to see Storm in a leadership position. I'd like to see Jean and Storm co-lead this team.

I did miss Gambit in this issue and I can't wait to see him formally join the team. The team is getting quite big, but I think Taylor will make it work.
    Quite big? You must of missed the Uncanny X men teams from 1991-1999.

I am truly living for Nightcrawler's beard progression.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I am truly living for Nightcrawler's beard progression.
    honey me too.. his beard game can get all the business lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

With now both Storm as Nightcrawler beeping on Red, I wonder if they will stay on Gold after the wedding.

Perhaps they will leave and some current support cast like Rogue, Magik, Magma or Iceman will become regular cast.

Logan already left and I expect Kitty and Peter taking leave of absence after the wedding.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    honey me too.. his beard game can get all the business lol
    I'm also loving the beard but my brain is going into meltdown trying to fit it into continuity. Why couldn't they have made an simpler retcon I could handle, like him having been Mystique all along?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    The interaction between Jean and Storm didn't carry the ocassional depth it has. Strange that Trinary called Gentle by name, when did she meet him. The direction is nice but I don't feel the charcaters dialogue and beats yet. Also, they're using Gabby quiks and banter to diaguise the lack of substance in characters interaction. I'm starting to get concerned.
    The story is too packed for that, I think. We had the mermaid moment for a bit of levity, but going deep into Jean and Storm's interactions NOW would break the pace even more. We'll probably see that in next issues.

Why the hell didn't they promote Storm's inclusion? The lack of characters close to Jean was what made a lot of teaders skeptical about this series.
    The team may be a little too big now, but Storm is the best addition possible, I really hope she gets a big role here.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's Uncanny #290 all over again!

Hilarious. I'd ship it!

Ooh, shots fired!

Honestly, this was a huge missed opportunity, even if only for a page of them going at it. Two characters of that powerlevel and emotional connection going at it is just too good an thing to pass over. And there goes Laura again with the unnecessary roughness. If her and Gabby were off this team, and you just have Gambit or Logan(or freaking Marrow or some other female feral type) in their spot, this book would be prime. I really can't stand the girl clones.

Yeah, that beat didn't ring true for me at all. Storm can channel the power of continent-sized, hemisphere-sized hurricanes, the power of a million suns/planets, through her body without burning herself out. She's stopped Hulk's heart with a bolt. It's kinda hard to swallow Gentle tanking a 'killer bolt', on top of that. I'll allow it just to see Storm out of Guggenheim's hands, but hopefully Taylor will brush up of Storm's powers a bit more as he proceeds.

Asrar is killing it on this book, especially with the civies. X-Men haven't been seen so much out of costume[in cool clothes] in over a decade. That last page with the team was looking great(and finally the colorist realized Kurt's eyes are yellow!!), except I really need Gabby and Laura out of the picture. Namor-Storm-Gentle-Jean-Kurt-Trinary-Gambit is a powerhouse team, and then there's these two feral clones.... Marrow, Feral, Wolfsbane, or you know, the real Logan would just be infinitely better, and would help streamline the bloated line up a bit(fine, keep Laura, but do we really need another clone on top of her too?). And Namor can definitely just walk around in his speedo as long as he wants; keep your repressive Puritan morals to yourself, Surface-Worlder!
    I think if one were yo go it would be laura but i dont think eiher does when blue has teo children of wolverine on the team. But i could easily see laura being a vehicle to usher gabby to the rest of tbe team but honestly for a writer of taylor caliber (imo) can handle 9 characters and sn artist of asrar caliber definitely can. 3 sets of 3. 2 sets if four with trinary at base sometimes. Its just a really good team number and usuall where the primier teams sit in numbers. Slso gabby/laura spend so many scenes together its really like 8 and half.

Im already clamoring for a nightcrawler, storm,jean,gambit,laura heist
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Why the hell didn't they promote Storm's inclusion? The lack of characters close to Jean was what made a lot of teaders skeptical about this series.
    The team may be a little too big now, but Storm is the best addition possible, I really hope she gets a big role here.
    I preferred it this way. It was a real feel good surprise for me and i like it wasnt cheapened with look ehose joining rather the book can grow organically.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The issue was quite good I’m hoping Laura gets more focus after with finished with introducing all the team members. Frankly she’s the only reason I’m buying the book, so hopefully she doesn’t spend too much time in the background.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I enjoyed X-Men Red #4 very much yesterday. I love the team dynamic and Honey Badger isn't nearly as annoying as some people make her out to be. I love Storm's new look and really can't wait for the next issues. While I don't expect Mama to join the team. I would love for her to somehow be involved with Jean and company taking down Cassandra
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why would what Claremont did way back before she went punk have to do with what happened in red, especially considering that on her solo it has since been established she is immune to lightning?
    Her solo was not consistent with past continuity yet I don't see any Storm fans complaining. The fact is Taylor and Pak are two sides of the same coin. The only difference is as a Storm fan, you are fine with Pak changing things to add more to her powers. That is perfectly fine for you to feel that way. However, for a general fan that understands her history, it is Pak suddenly trying to make her completely immune that to a large extent is outside the norm for her and so that is why we are not too broken up about it.

I think characters should be written in line with the powers they have exhibited consistently for much of their history. To the extent a writer decides to give them a power up that they never had before, it is entirely up to future writers to decide whether they will treat that as a permanent upgrade or simply an ability that was a temporary upgrade to suit a finite story.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I wanna believe that our disconnect starts when you ignore that all characters through out the superhero comic genre hone their attributes. The same things that once took her out or hampered her simply are not a factor. We have proof from her most recent personal storylines that she immune to lightning. Seeing that Claremont hasn't written her in years anything that he intended is of no consequence. That's like bringing up her losses to Magneto when we now have proof that she has the same power or magnetic field manipulation. Don't get in your feelings. I was confused (still am) about what you said.
    I think the disconnect is that such things work both ways. Characters can hone their attributes and characters can lose abilities or be inconsistent because they are afterall human. Humans don't just continue to get better and often times as we age, our abilities decline. Her solo again added something that for decades was never a part of her repertoire consistently. It is up to Marvel and their writers to decide whether what Pak did is now the new norm or whether what Pak did was an aberration or one off thing and all that happened here is Taylor ultimately decided he would stick with the powers that have been consistently shown over several decades.

In a medium where writers come and go, there will always be some writers that take liberties with characters. Sometimes those liberties will be to weaken a character in a way that is outside of the norm and sometimes it will be to strengthen a character in a way that is outside the norm. It only becomes the norm when Marvel and its writers show that feat consistently over time. Storm being immune to her own powers is simply not something that has been shown consistently over time and Storm fans are only treating it as gospel because it went in her favor. If Pak did something that weakened her, you all would be arguing it is not consistent with her previous feats. So there is a bit of a bias here.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-17-2018 at 06:42 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Since Storm can summon rain, is she also immune to drowning? I'm sure her stans believe in that logic.

BANNED

Easily the best X-Men book in decades

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this team plus gambit is the most exciting in so long.

Gold and blue are so far behind this due to poor line ups and shit cross over with venom.

No one wants the O5 or giant sized team for the 100th time, give us something new now the fox fued is over.

X-Men vol 1 #70 was the last time I was this excited.

Great writing and incredible art

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Since Storm can summon rain, is she also immune to drowning? I'm sure her stans believe in that logic.
    Lol, that made me laugh. I am sure they would argue since she can control weather she can remove the oxygen from water and place it directly into her lungs.

All Hail The Goddess!
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.