Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    i think your conclusion is wrong here. she is controlling the current, which would prevent said current from even entering her teammates.
    They are in water though. Any bit of electricity that close to them should instantly fry them. Im not buying it but then again Claremont always treated her like some deus ex machina

Smile

what things did she do in her solo power wise that wasnt concusistent with canon? he didnt add anything to her power set that wasnt already thrre.

again what powers did he give her? he only made her immune to lightning which makes sense seeing how often she channels lightning through her being, as well as how powerful those bolts are.
    I was only referring to the immune thing. I agree it makes sense but it also makes sense that she isn't hence why she has been shown at times long before Pak to not be immune.

The larger point was simply they are characters with 40+ years of stories. To expect every writer to use every power these characters have ever shown is a bit silly as that would make just about every character too powerful.

I mean Gambit's greatest feats are being able to blow **** up by just looking at it. How is that a good idea for an ongoing power. The story would be over before it starts as all he has to do is look at you and you are dead.

Jean, Storm et al are given ridiculous feats from time to time because the characters are 40 years old. However most of them have a normal range of power that is far less than these feats people keep harping on.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    :P

Claremont likes Storm a lot.
    Yes that is Xtreme Xmen where CC had Rogue like a God accessing powers of everyone she ever absorbed and had Gambit kicking Bishop's ass and resisting Bogan without powers.

Point being CC played with his characters a lot in ways that were outside their norms. I don't expect every writer to then pick up on those things religiously.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-17-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Okay but can we TALK about Laura's sensational UP do, down in Searebra?

Yus. Yus. Yuuuuuus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Then that means you don't want to get it, and you will still be confused. But thank you for clairfication about "What Claremont intended is of no consequence." So can you tell your buddy to stop bring up those old issues then? Since they don't matter. No more galactic Core, total invulernabililty to telepathy etc etc. Things Claremont initated, but not every writer clearly agrees with. She has some immunity to telepathy, and thats about as much as anybody can agree on.

Actually, I don't have a problem with her being immune to her powers, however this being comics it can change again at anytime, which was always my point. I don't think that ligntening would have killed her, but that she was subconciously trying to fry the little bugger that was in her head, after Jean turned off the telepathic suggestion that was planted...that was until Nezhno jumped in the way trying to protect her. He does look at her as Queen still, it's only fitting that he would try and protect her thinking that it would have killed her.
    That's not what it means. It simply means that your idea of what Claremont intended for her vulnerabilities to be with regards to her own power is irrelevant. It's almost like you refuse to acknowledge the fact that Claremont has only ever written her in team setting. Yeah, she got some major focus, but she still had to share panel time with her teammates. Her SOLO is a different story. Characters tend to get more focus on their powers and their personalities when the series is focused solely on them. It only makes sense that characters may do things in their solo stories that they might not have the chance to do while in a team setting. These things happen. Why wouldn't characters learn and grow? Why is it important to YOU that Storm still show the same weaknesses that she debuted with? Do YOU seriously not question the judgement of a person that keeps exhibiting the same behavior in hopes of achieving a different outcome? Do you, really? No?

So why then would I tell my friend Rutog to stop his preferred system of truth delivery? You are essentially arguing that "Storm's low showings matter too". Ok, when Rutog does that to Jean to further emphasize why she was in desperate need of an upgrade to even be allowed to sit at the table with pre-Hadari Yao Storm, her uber fans get upset and start posting her better showings. It's the nature of our collective fandom. You keep talking like all Storm's lowest showings define her. They do in a way. Everyone's lowest showings matter. It should be used as a point for reference from which the character learns a valuable lesson. The lesson here is Storm has been getting more and more feats of fine tuned control since Claremont left. Of course we're not gonna reference something that devalues the progress she's made. To suggest otherwise sounds ridiculous to me.

Bottom line YOU replied to me with the implication that I wanted to only push her greatest showings to the front. That wasn't the case. And I'm still not sure how you got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Very good news for Storm fans. If the X-Office treats T'Challa with respect then I MAAAAY... At least loosen my paranoia of them. At this point Storm and T'Challa might as well be remarried.
    Yes, this is exactly what needs to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    In honor of today's issue. Attachment 65991
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssss!!! This is the TEA!!! I'M ABSOLUTELY HERE FOR THIS! I don't think it's possible for me to love you anymore than I already do. In the name of Hadari Yao, cleanse this place!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They are in water though. Any bit of electricity that close to them should instantly fry them. Im not buying it but then again Claremont always treated her like some deus ex machina
    you are looking at from the perspective of physics, which doesnt apply here. storm has fine control of her powers, so a stray current frying them just wouldn't happen. and people are free to not like things but its canon and it's definitely not pis when you consider how her powers operate.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

you are looking at from the perspective of physics, which doesnt apply here. storm has fine control of her powers, so a stray current frying them just wouldn't happen. and people are free to not like things but its canon and it's definitely not pis when you consider how her powers operate.
    I mean I accept that it happened and don’t deny that. I just think it’s dumb

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    That's not what it means. It simply means that your idea of what Claremont intended for her vulnerabilities to be with regards to her own power is irrelevant. It's almost like you refuse to acknowledge the fact that Claremont has only ever written her in team setting. Yeah, she got some major focus, but she still had to share panel time with her teammates. Her SOLO is a different story. Characters tend to get more focus on their powers and their personalities when the series is focused solely on them. It only makes sense that characters may do things in their solo stories that they might not have the chance to do while in a team setting. These things happen. Why wouldn't characters learn and grow? Why is it important to YOU that Storm still show the same weaknesses that she debuted with? Do YOU seriously not question the judgement of a person that keeps exhibiting the same behavior in hopes of achieving a different outcome? Do you, really? No?

So why then would I tell my friend Rutog to stop his preferred system of truth delivery? You are essentially arguing that "Storm's low showings matter too". Ok, when Rutog does that to Jean to further emphasize why she was in desperate need of an upgrade to even be allowed to sit at the table with pre-Hadari Yao Storm, her uber fans get upset and start posting her better showings. It's the nature of our collective fandom. You keep talking like all Storm's lowest showings define her. They do in a way. Everyone's lowest showings matter. It should be used as a point for reference from which the character learns a valuable lesson. The lesson here is Storm has been getting more and more feats of fine tuned control since Claremont left. Of course we're not gonna reference something that devalues the progress she's made. To suggest otherwise sounds ridiculous to me.

Bottom line YOU replied to me with the implication that I wanted to only push her greatest showings to the front. That wasn't the case. And I'm still not sure how you got there.

Yes, this is exactly what needs to happen.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssss!!! This is the TEA!!! I'M ABSOLUTELY HERE FOR THIS! I don't think it's possible for me to love you anymore than I already do. In the name of Hadari Yao, cleanse this place!

please set the record straight. for so long storm fans have been informing people of everything storm can do and we were ridiculed and mocked. we told you she was a goddess and we were called fanboys. and even after it was confirmed in BP people still said it didnt matter cause it wasnt in a xbook. but now here we are and everything said has been acknowledged.

her being a goddess is solidified. the point being is that people have to get beyond what they thought of her and how her powers work because coates came in and changed the game; it will never be the same. so as much as people would like to discredit her and call showings pis just remember Claremont was the one who hinted at this years ago.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-17-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean I accept that it happened and don’t deny that. I just think it’s dumb
    well it's a comicbook book. it's no more dumb than a woman being resurrected by a fiery bird or a green haired woman moving metal with her mind.

This is simply incorrect. By this logic Roger Federer should never lose a tennis match or a top fighter should never lose a fight.

In reality humans being humans simply do not exhibit the same level of skill and power each and every day because they are not robots.

So occasionally there will be off days. The question is how frequent and logical those off days are. Having an off day due to being possessed makes perfect sense particularly if she were deliberately trying to fight the control or hurt herself because of that control.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-17-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This is simply incorrect. By this logic Roger Federer should never lose a tennis match or a top fighter should never lose a fight.

In reality humans being humans simply do not exhibit the same level of skill and power each and every day because they are not robots.
    maybe im confused but when did real life fundamentals apply to that in comics?

storm canonically has always had fine level of control of her powers, she expressed this even when she first joined the xmen:

The best teams have had 9 members at once, Excalibur, The New Mutants...Alpha Flight had even more when it was at it's best (Nicieza), the X-Men on multiple occasions...9 members is literally perfect. They're not the Fantastic Four.

maybe im confused but when did real life fundamentals apply to that in comics?

storm canonically has always had fine level of control of her powers, she expressed this even when she first joined the xmen:

No she hasnt because she has also been shown not using those powers effectively. You guys just cry and say writers dont get her when in fact the alternate interpretation is she had an off day.

If she always shows fine control then she wouldnt have just been shown getting damaged by her own lightening. That is clearly proof she doesnt always have fine control because writers make canon not you.

Unless you are telling me every single writer the past 40+ years has always shown Storm always being perfect then you are simply wrong. Canon is all the good, bad and ugly not just the parts you like.

BANNED

Sorry to interrupt the usual Storm Fans vs. the World Power Creep Showdown, but Laura got a nice little feat here. Pretty damn impressive her eyes are sharp enough she could SEE that nanite once it was removed from 'Ro's head.

BANNED

1) Okay, on Claremont and the lightning immunity thing, he wrote Storm to be immune to lightning in some stories while in others he simply ignored that aspect of her powers when he deemed it necessary for the scenario. So, it's not like when Pak came along and flat out made her immune there wasn't any precedence for it. He simply chose to make her immune and stuck with it. So, anytime she is hurt by lightning when she is fully attuned to the universe around her and is at full health is PIS.

2) Gambit's mind has always been slippery for telepaths to grab onto under Claremont's pen.

3) Storm has absolute control over her powers: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/GFBzvooKIY_...dXD3WpDI=s1600
    So, yeah, her being able to send an electrical current through a body of water while maintaining absolute control over it so that it didn't electrocute her friends who are immursed in the water fits well within her having total control over her abilities. She's just that good, guys, deal with it. That creature that was holding Kitty, when Storm incinerated it, according to physics, Kitty should have been electrocuted as well for not only being in such proximity to where the bolt struck, but the bolt should have also flowed from that being into Kitty. However, the story lets us know that the reason it didn't happen that way was because of Ororo's superlative control over the forces of nature. The same holds true for the underwater feat Storm pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    No she hasnt because she has also been shown not using those powers effectively. You guys just cry and say writers dont get her when in fact the alternate interpretation is she had an off day.

If she always shows fine control then she wouldnt have just been shown getting damaged by her own lightening. That is clearly proof she doesnt always have fine control because writers make canon not you.

Unless you are telling me every single writer the past 40+ years has always shown Storm always being perfect then you are simply wrong. Canon is all the good, bad and ugly not just the parts you like.
    showing total control of her power would different than using it effectively. for instance, she has total control of her lightning but if she used it let's say against magneto ot would be ineffective based upon his abilities. and yes she can have days off. sometimes she has been surprised, or beaten physically do badly her abilities are not effective but that is fine. there are reasons for this. however, writers saying her powers dont work because there is no weather is a different thing entirely.

do you recall the instances where she was shown being hurt by lightning? it often time was due to her being surprised and expecting the unexpected surge in power from what she initially created. but now that doesnt matter she is immune.

and I'm not sure what your point you are making. I never said she was perfect but I am correcting incorrect statements about how her powers work.