Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yes and I responded raising my own points and presumed that you would respond addressing my points not repeating whatever points you raised to someone else. Hence why I said we apparently talking past each other. I don't know how else to tell you that.
    There was no need to change my message. It was all wrapped in one. The points you were making me aware of, I already acknowledged. I explained why some of the story beats didn't make sense with regards to Storm. I accepted that not all her power would be acknowledged. I made mental note of that and accepted it anyway. (Before you suggested it) I enjoyed the issue despite Storm not being written to be the end all be all. The world rests easy again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    How do we feel about the fact that mutants can no longer hide? In a way i love it because it gets rid of that line between "beautiful" mutants and mutated mutants who had to live in hiding. I think it will be hard for some mutants to finally understand what mutants like Beak had to go through. It may also force people who were content with just hiding their mutant powers and being normal desperate. Let's just hope Cassandra doesn't get her hands on mothervine.
    I've long felt the mutants who are visibly different should get more attention to show the visceral reaction that people have to that which the deem "other".

The bolt didn't hit her therefore I see no reason why we are arguing about this. IF she struck herself then we could have a point but .. she didn't
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    There was no need to change my message. It was all wrapped in one. The points you were making me aware of, I already acknowledged. I explained why some of the story beats didn't make sense with regards to Storm. I accepted that not all her power would be acknowledged. I made mental note of that and accepted it anyway. (Before you suggested it) I enjoyed the issue despite Storm not being written to be the end all be all. The world rests easy again.
    Of course there was because your message contained an element that I never debated. If you quote me and then reference something I never said, it gives the impression that you think I believe it. Hence why it was the first thing I mentioned in my response. It is no big deal but it obviously led to this back and forth.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

I'm late to the party so not sure there's much I can say that hasn't already been said, but wow this was a bloody good issue.

1. Art was as stunning as ever. Ororo looked very much like a goddess, and everyone just looks great.
    2. The new costumes are kinda growing on me? Nightcrawler, Gentle and Storm have the best of the bunch I think.
    3. Very pleased with Storm being on the team. Makes so much sense for her to be here, given her ties to Jean, Kurt, Remy, Nezhno + Forge.

As always, eagerly anticipating the next issue. Def my fav title right now.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    That is a good point. I guess I just wish there was another member of the original X-Men on the team. Hey if you have 9 members what's one more!

No offense to the others who responded to my post, I like Namor and Gentle...well I love to hate Namor....and I know we all have our opinions and draws, not disrespecting yours by not responding directory, this was just a good point made.

Jean is just amazing in this book. I have never been more than the slightly more positive side of neutral but she's really doing something amazing here. Taylor really seems to be giving her a unique voice in all the miasma that the X-books have been living in for the past decade.
    fair point

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Technically, if you read the scan you provided, it doesn say she can't be directly harmed by HER manifestations. What is says is none of the weather's manifestations can directly harm her.

Read it again: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/ygn5s7GAPlq...2rstW8lc=s1600

"Her mutant gift is to control the weather. None of IT'S manifestations can directly harm her." So, the War Machine thing was PIS.

Going on from that, let's look at instances Claremont wrote where the lightning did hurt Storm (Uncanny X-Men 150):
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/wBSHk1E812g...bT016cdl=s1600

In the scan above, it states that the only reason she was hurt by the lightning is because it caught her by surprise. Now, let's look at something else Claremont wrote (Uncanny 104):
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/l8Qj0yh7OrR...U7L5CUrJ=s1600

In the scan above, Storm clearly knew the bolt was coming at her, so she was not caught by surprise, yet it still hurt her. Can everyone see how this from Uncanny X-Men 104 contradicts the scan from Uncanny 150?

Then there is canon that states none of the weather's manifestations can directly harm her as shown in the scan from Uncanny X-Men #168.

In other words, Claremont was all over the place. In some stories, she was immune to lightning, whereas in others, she was not. It all depended on how he felt at the moment which made for some bad PIS instances. It doesn't make any sense for her to be harmed by lightning, to be honest, so Pak came along and established definitively that lightning cannot hurt her.

Now, getting back to the instance where she was caught off-guard in Uncanny X-Men 150, there was loads of other PIS to be considered there. In order for Magneto to bring that bolt on top of Storm's head like that, he had to create a magnetic field above her (which is what he even states he did). Storm should have been able to sense the concentrated field above her head since it was established before this story that she can do stuff like this:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/H7XyGpnHcfu...rc_uq4Bi=s1600

Notice in the scan above, she was able to track down the faint traces of the energy trail Vendicator's suit left in the air when he flew through there hours earlier.

Also, she can detect all natural occurances before they happen (Uncanny X-Men 118):
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/IIHhgkOFhTs...MuFd5q1S=s1600

In other words, she should have felt that lightning bolt in Uncanny 150 before it came into being, meaning it should not have been able to catch Storm by surprise to hurt her.

Pak deserves applause for what he did. He took the sensible route and simply made Storm immune to lightning, as she should be.

agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It wasnt leaked; its already been confirmed. Storm was the last member to be revealed and they kept her a secret
    Do you understand the difference between a fact and an opinion? What Storm expressed in that panel was her opinion of how her powers work. What she said in this issue was to Destroy it all including her.

So we have two conflicting opinions from the same person. On one hand Storm says she is immune and on the other hand she tries to kill all the mutants in the area including herself with her powers hence why Gentle has to shield her.

Not sure how you can then just cherry pick which of Storm's opinions is correct and my point is until it is scientifically stated, we don't know the truth. All we know from the canon is that Storm has expressed both ideas and there are scenes that suggest both are possible.

What don't you agree with regarding the above? It is canon that sometimes Storm can be hurt by her powers and sometimes she can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    How do we feel about the fact that mutants can no longer hide? In a way i love it because it gets rid of that line between "beautiful" mutants and mutated mutants who had to live in hiding. I think it will be hard for some mutants to finally understand what mutants like Beak had to go through. It may also force people who were content with just hiding their mutant powers and being normal desperate. Let's just hope Cassandra doesn't get her hands on mothervine.
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    The bolt didn't hit her therefore I see no reason why we are arguing about this. IF she struck herself then we could have a point but .. she didn't

http://thegeekiary.com/storm-joins-x...-issue-4/52646

Yep. She’s generally protected. BUT we figured she can control lightning, so she can probably control it enough to hurt herself if she chose – or if something chose for her.

— Tom Taylor (@TomTaylorMade)*May 17, 2018
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-17-2018 at 06:41 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Case closed. Thanks for posting.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Case closed. Thanks for posting.
    he figured wrong but there u have it
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    This passed through editorial who to be completely frank are the ones that make these decisions and ultimately know best. Not fans like us.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Kyss, not that I'm being fickle or anything but this is kinda like her solo where she tried to freeze herself
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Yep. She’s generally protected. BUT we figured she can control lightning, so she can probably control it enough to hurt herself if she chose – or if something chose for her.

Going by his words, it would be easy for somebody else, like Living Lightning, for instance, to also choose to hurt Storm. Immunity is something that is innate. What he's done is changed how her powers work in this regard for the sake of his run. He's weakening the character. Wait and see, Storm will also have zero mental defenses and have to rely on Jean to protect her from psychic attacks.

Agreed.
    Last edited by rutog98; 05-17-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm late to the party so not sure there's much I can say that hasn't already been said, but wow this was a bloody good issue.

1. Art was as stunning as ever. Ororo looked very much like a goddess, and everyone just looks great.
    2. The new costumes are kinda growing on me? Nightcrawler, Gentle and Storm have the best of the bunch I think.
    3. Very pleased with Storm being on the team. Makes so much sense for her to be here, given her ties to Jean, Kurt, Remy, Nezhno + Forge.

As always, eagerly anticipating the next issue. Def my fav title right now.
    And Laura. She had a very nice, but brief rapport with Laura in the Liu X-23 solo.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Kyss, not that I'm being fickle or anything but this is kinda like her solo where she tried to freeze herself
    you know I never looked at that scene like that but I see what u mean.

As a general FYI please no posters should have the arrogance to decide how other posters should talk about characters "on the boards" please.

Also the discussion about the lightning is over, the answer came from the writer himself, move on. This got out of hand a while ago.

fair point

agreed.

I knew it, it was the most logical explanation
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I knew it, it was the most logical explanation
    what are you talking about ?

oh nvm.. I read your tagline as your response lol.

as a fan and how her powers were explained it still doesnt make sense but he provided the answer. it is what is my love but ur rationale was spot on. :'(

lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-18-2018 at 01:56 AM.