Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololol. so what did you think of how tchalla was handled seeing u think the xoffices despises him lol
    Red is fine. Now that their out of WK, doubt we'll see much of him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Red is fine. Now that their out of WK, doubt we'll see much of him.
    I wouldn't be so sure. seeing both nehzno and storm are on the team. he designed theitmr sentinites resistant suits and his knowledge of the human brain seems valuable to Jean in understanding how to defeat the threat from Cassandra. I think we most definitely will see him again.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That I didn't like. Block his pain receptors? That is going to kill him. Lol.
    Yeah, that wouldn't end well. Thankfully that's not what she intends to do! Wouldn't be good to start a new team and have one of them die right off the bat!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    7. Extremely happy to see storm on the team, but the roster seems bloated for a monthly book. Plleeeease move to double shipping.
    Don't. Asrar is an important part of this book and Taylor already said he can't keep up with double shipping. It's part of the book's visual identity and should be kept as such.

BANNED

Well, if it isn't another excellent issue. Jean really shines here and Taylor's grasp on her character shows. Amazing art too and good to know there's a reason for the suits. Cassandra is great and it's good that she's on the hand of a skilled writer. Points for putting Storm on the team and for her AWESOME new outfit. Definitely buying the TPB in a few months.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 05-16-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaas! I knew Taylor would not let me down. Storm's new outfit is the bomb.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaas! I knew Taylor would not let me down. Storm's new outfit is the bomb.
    that ponytail though:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Good issue.

Rank 8/10

I really love X-men Red is the only title feel that has an interest in moving forward and dealing with modern current problems rather than living in nostalgia by reusing old stories or plots.

I really found funny Jean's reaction to Laura's fascination with mermaids . She adjusted for the news that happened when she was dead as the wedding of BP and Storm was another good moment.

Well now we know what the new uniforms look like and work and unlike the others I liked the new Storm uniform as well as her presence on the team. Jean needed a friend close to her on this team and she was being badly used in Gold.

As for Cassandra she is indeed a dangerous opponent she practically use personal and social information that is now used to affect financial markets and elections to a new level in her war to eradicate mutants. Poor Forge again used against his will to create weapons.

This issue just does not take a 10 in my rank because I was expecting an epic fight between Jean and Storm. Although the fact that this did not happen has freed us from the complaints of fans of both characters about the fight and the outcome .
    Last edited by Knives; 05-16-2018 at 07:36 AM.

So I'm other words friends with benefits? Gives her an excuse to sleep with Forge when the team confronts him. Lol.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I'm now certain that Gambit is going to be short changed in this book. Jean, Namor, Storm & Kurt will get all the good stuff and Gabby will be the comic relief. Trinary, Laura, Gentle & Remy are just going to make up the numbers.
    L'Enfer !

Not gonna lie, the last two issues were disappointing me a little. I thought they were decent, but moving a bit too slowly for my tastes. This issue continues that kind of pacing, but I'd say it also, finally, matches the first issue's quality.

Really enjoyed this one.

It also does seem that Extermination will end Blue/Gold, leading into a Fresh Start relaunch. Double-duty team members are fine when it's one or two, but I can't imagine Gold continuing with Storm, Gambit, Nightcrawler and Colossus all holding roles elsewhere. Gold would essentially have Kitty, Rachel and Rogue as their selling points. I'm not super keen on having a relaunch, I'd hold out to hope that the Blue/Gold rosters just switch about.

I'm feeling really positive about Red now though, and really the line in general (if we can get KT on a flagship). It's been a good day for new X-Books. And Storm looks fantastic. Phenomenally better costume than what she's rocking over in Gold.

My one gripe is that the sentinel is still hanging around. If they follow the good-sentinel trope I'm going to be really annoyed. Gabby is enough goof for the book imo, no need for a pet genocide-bot.

I thought this issue was excellent! Love Storm's new costume.

However, the roster does seem quite bloated. Was expecting to see more of Gambit...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Loved it! The last issue was a bit slower, but this one picked up the pace. I'm glad we didn't have to sit through too much Jean vs Storm, as I don't care to see those two going at it. Those panels were gorgeous though, with Jean's pink TK glowing against all those grey clouds and lightning Ororo had conjured up. Also happy to see that they were able to free Storm from Nova's control, while also finally figuring out what it was that was causing all this worldwide hate. Jean's civilian attire continues to be on point. Glad the team is finally together, and ecstatic that Storm is the final member, with a real kick ass new costume too, and an awesome ponytail. Also, I so love Namor being on this team, and his interaction with Gabby at the end was pretty funny. Can't wait for the next issue.

BANNED

This was a really good issue. I forgot that everything past the first issue is a flashback. I'm excited that Gambit & Storm will be on this team!!

This is what the Xbooks should be...not that mess in Gold & Blue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was Storm. It was just revealed in this issue. We'll likely see her cover #7 when its revealed
    Jean still has two big confrontations this year....Lorna Dane and