Default How Do You Organize Your Crap?

First off let's go trades/graphic novels/hardcovers. I notice most comic shops I go to separate Marvel/DC/Other stuff and a lot of book stores just put everything in alphabetical order. I go by publisher, then by character. Batman is my favorite hero and I have the most books about him. I'll have all by Batman stuff set up by the year it came out. Not when the book was released but the year the original material came out. Like I'll have the Chronicles books, then Dark Knight Returns, Year One, Killing Joke and so on until Hush (after Hush I started buying the monthly issues.) Then I go Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, then teams. JLA, JSA, Titans, stuff like the New Gods and random ****. Then finally events. After that is Vertigo. Then the Marvel stuff, then the independant stuff.

For single issues, I bag and board all the stuff I buy every week and keep them separate from the back issues. Batman and Superman get their own boxes, then DC and Marvel get their own boxes. For back issues, a lot of them don't get good quality bags and boards so I'll read an issue, if it's good I'll put a new bag and board on it and put it in with the good stuff. If it's no good/boring I'll keep it in a separate box that has a bunch of random stuff.

I know there are people with way more comics than I, and people that have different methods but this is something I've never really thought about and would love to see how people do it.

Usually in the toilet.

*Boom dish* Thankyou, I'll be here all week...

More seriously, I have my TPBs sorted solely by alphabetical order, not by publisher or anything - as that can mess with crossovers and titles that change publishers over the years. The only changes are when titles are changed but the focus of the title hasn't; Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps would still be listed under Green Lantern, for instance.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Usually in the toilet.

*Boom dish* Thankyou, I'll be here all week...

More seriously, I have my TPBs sorted solely by alphabetical order, not by publisher or anything - as that can mess with crossovers and titles that change publishers over the years. The only changes are when titles are changed but the focus of the title hasn't; Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps would still be listed under Green Lantern, for instance.
    That's my only problem haha Where do I put the Marvel/DC crossover stuff. In the middle or with the independent stuff?