Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I saved Claremont’s story for last and Bless the Bright Lady I did. X-Men Wedding Corrections was the perfect palette cleanser. Alasdhair Kinross? Logan? Belles of Hell? Dr. Kitty Pryde? LOCKHEED?!? Thank you Master CC.
    Claremont's was the meatiest; it was great to read him writing these characters again, even if he did take a very peculiar tact.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wonder what Ororo's singing voice sounds like.
    Tina Turner, but better. Canon according to X-Women. I'm thinking Tina Turner by way of Lauren Hill, or better yet, Jill Scott with a touch of Iman.

Better than Dazzler’s. Canon.
    Shots fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I could’ve done without the Rogue/Kitty pep talk. It just felt gratuitous to remind people of the R&G mini. Those pages would be better used with Rachel/Magik/Karma/Storm.
    Yeah, we already had a similar scene in Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm ready for more Kelly Thompson on X-Men, she's a funny writer and gets the characters' voices right.

But make no mistake, the one I was really looking forward to was Chris Claremont's story. And he didn't disappoint - I'm still amazed how much story and how many continuity bits he managed to pack into a few pages. This felt like a lot more content than the average, diluted arcs on the core books. F*** the hip and cool style that takes 6 issues to tell a story, I'll take captions and thought baloons any day. And, unsurprisingly, Claremont just gets the characters right - his Kitty just clicked with me instantly and felt like he never left. I am so ready for more of this, and can't believe we are getting Guggenheim trying to ape Chris' style on Gold when we have the real deal who's infinitely more interesting and capable.
    Agreed on both points. I'd love to see Thompson on "Blue"(with a whole new cast/approach, Rogue and Gambit can lead), and Claremont on "Gold"(with the same cast, but like, actually written correctly). It was great to see continuity threaded through their stories so easily. Meanwhile Guggenheim can barely reference his own run....

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    It sucks when there are so few X-guys compared to X-girls at the parties.

Where is
    1. Angel
    2. Beast
    3. Captain Britain
    4. Banshee (is he back from dead)
    5. Cannonball
    6. Sunspot
    7. Cypher
    8. Sunfire
    9. Magneto
    10. Quicksilver

Colossus knew all of them since decades ago.

Thompson did a much better story-telling job than Gugg.
    Honestly, I don't think Piotr would be that close to any of those guys. Logan and Kurt are his best buddies. A case for Remy and Bobby could be made as 'friends', but beyond that, Piotr hasn't really developed his relationship with the other X-Guys.

As for the bolded, most definitely!

You only need to be 18 to enter most strip clubs. Or work at them.
    Jubes should have been there, totes, but she only had a few pages to work with and squandered most of them with Callisto and Rogue.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 05-16-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Jubes should have been there, totes, but she only had a few pages to work with and squandered most of them with Callisto and Rogue.
    With Rogue, nothing is a squandered, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    With Rogue, nothing is a squandered, sorry.
    I loved the Rogue and Gambit mini, it was the best X-book I've seen in ages, but this use of Rogue was superfluous, especially since we already had a scene with Rogue and Kitty in Blue.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Honestly, I don't think Piotr would be that close to any of those guys. Logan and Kurt are his best buddies. A case for Remy and Bobby could be made as 'friends', but beyond that, Piotr hasn't really developed his relationship with the other X-Guys.
    Right! And Colossus is closer to the newest X-Man Pyro? LOL.

They have been through life and death so they are counted as close friends and fellow X-Men.

Logan, Cyclops, Prof X are dead or haven't really 'comeback alive' yet so they can't join the party. Havok is still evil...

I hated how Iceman was written. "It's a celebration of your independence and your manhood." Ugh. Did Guggenheim even read Grace's Iceman? Let the poor guy have some fun with Kitty and the strippers.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Thanks Kelly. And thank you for the call back to the Astonishing scene between Kitty & Emma. It always made me tear up and now this one did, too. This one panel made the entire book worth picking up.
    Seconding this! Thank you Kelly!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    She is, for all intents and purposes. She should still be physically 18 and chronologically like 20.
    Shouldn't Jubilee be older than that considering she was allowed to adopt a child? I think she could have been 19 when turned (technically still a teenage vampire) and 22 about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The strippers are co-ed but we still gotta split the X-men up into guys and girls. Wake me up when the X-men stop upholding the old-fashioned gender binary.
    Wow, I didn't notice that at all. Such a great story opportunity wasted.

Kitty doesn't speak binary, it's Cypher.
    Actually, she does speak binary according to X-MEN GOLD. I'm there with you though, it doesn't make much sense.

By the way, I'm a little confused about Claremont's story recap. The way the panels are structured, it would seem he replaced Matt Fraction's run with Kitty going back to college. Did I miss anything there or was it purposeful choice? And if it was, would this be the intended explanation to her sudden doctorate, or of him trying to keep Kitty forever 20?

He skipped over the GOTG and time displaced O5 stuff too. Said she took over the school with Logan and has been in charge since, when she actually handed over to Storm when the O5 arrived, and Ororo handed it back (due to feeling like she failed in IVX) when Kitty returned from the GOTG in Gold and Blue's prologue issue X-Men Prime.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    It's Stevie Hunter. Women change their hair sometimes, guys.

Also it's not Polaris (sorry, guys!) it's Abigail Brand. She should have been wearing green, but due to her placement I'm sure the colorist felt Rogue, Abigail, and Meggan all next to each other was a bit much on the green front.

Firestar is the other red head with the "strappy black top." Other red heads are Rachel and Jean.

Psylocke is there - purple/black hair and purple outfit.
    Isn't Jean taking a big risk just to go to a bachelorette party? In "Red", Jean is now public enemy #1. What if some public-minded citizen spotted her and called the police or the FBI? What if Jean attends the wedding and it ends up being raided by law enforcement? Why did Peter say "Who planned this? Because if it's Rogue, you can't go." Did Peter think that Deadpool was going to provide the "entertainment"? Even though Rogue still can't control her powers yet, it still looks like she's showing alot of skin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Why did Peter say "Who planned this? Because if it's Rogue, you can't go."
    Because Peter was afraid that Rogue would plan to go to a stripper joint and Storm would plan to go to a more quiet place.

He was afraid that Kitty would ogle at naked men. That was the joke.

Peter didn't go to any stripper joint.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Isn't Jean taking a big risk just to go to a bachelorette party? In "Red", Jean is now public enemy #1. What if some public-minded citizen spotted her and called the police or the FBI? What if Jean attends the wedding and it ends up being raided by law enforcement? Why did Peter say "Who planned this? Because if it's Rogue, you can't go." Did Peter think that Deadpool was going to provide the "entertainment"? Even though Rogue still can't control her powers yet, it still looks like she's showing alot of skin.
    X-Men Red #1 is set two months in the future.

It sucks when there are so few X-guys compared to X-girls at the parties.

Where is
    1. Angel
    2. Beast
    3. Captain Britain
    4. Banshee (is he back from dead)
    5. Cannonball
    6. Sunspot
    7. Cypher
    8. Sunfire
    9. Magneto
    10. Quicksilver

Colossus knew all of them since decades ago.

Thompson did a much better story-telling job than Gugg.
    As far as Pietro goes, he's been MIA since part 14 of No Surrender. In part 16, Wanda, Vodoo, and Emily start a search to try to find him. (Where Pietro ended up is now part of the current "Quicksilver: No Surrender" mini, which part one came out yesterday.)

Tina Turner, but better. Canon according to X-Women. I'm thinking Tina Turner by way of Lauren Hill, or better yet, Jill Scott with a touch of Iman.
    I just picture her singing in her TAS voice. Magnificent.

Quote Originally Posted by Robohut View Post
    Shouldn't Jubilee be older than that considering she was allowed to adopt a child? I think she could have been 19 when turned (technically still a teenage vampire) and 22 about now.
    She was 17 when turned. Her 18th birthday party was not long afterward. Chronologically she’s 19 or 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    Piotr is clearly just Kitty's beard - the real reason that Rachel is there is because she and Kitty (and/or Illyana) are going to **** afterwards.
    This also explains why Colossus didn't want Kitty to go to the bachelorette party.

Timeline is clearly between Phoenix Resurrection #5 and X-Men Red #1 for Jean. I'd wager it's before Poison X and Venomized as well, because of Polaris being there (it wouldn't be logical for this to take place during Cry Havok, which is simultaneous with Poison X).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman