Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Where did that happen?
    When she picked a co-ed strip club.

BANNED

This wedding is beginning to get some steam regardless of how lukewarm I was to it in the beginning, still not a match for Batman and Catwoman's wedding though.

My favorite moment was the champagne from Emma with the note! Such a nice callback! For me the Thompson story was the best followed by Claremont. What is with this boyo thing?? Stop trying to make boyo happen...

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    In reality Rachel and Illyana should both just dump Kitty and run off into the sunset together.
    The demon and the Phoenix would be far happier than either one with Kitty.
    If they decided to have a throuple with Kitty, however... That would be epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Better than Dazzler’s. Canon.
    Take that back lol.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

He’d also a decade older than her so still her type.
    Eh... with Marvel time, I think she's caught up to him. Parker will never reach 30. And Kitty's now in her mid-20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wonder what Ororo's singing voice sounds like.
    I imagine like Uhura in that Star Trek episode. ♥

Better than Dazzler’s. Canon.
    Almost certain Dazzler is her own Autotune. One can never be too sure.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 05-16-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Spider-Man is the only guy who works with Kitty though, as he's a bitch-boy who is also her intellectual equal. And also quasi-Jewish.
    Peter Parker is a badass genius far smarter than kitty with no religion confirmed, but I'll agree he will never age past 29

BANNED

Kitty is a graduated scholar who was building danger rooms when she was 15 and speaks fluent binary. And he's quasi-Jewish because Bendis correctly pointed out that his characterization is very Jewish. No need to get your panties all tussled, Cyclops avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    My favorite moment was the champagne from Emma with the note! Such a nice callback! For me the Thompson story was the best followed by Claremont. What is with this boyo thing?? Stop trying to make boyo happen...
    All of THIS. Of the three I most enjoyed the bachelorette party. Lot's of good moments, dialogue was in character, and the premise was fun. Kind of figured the co-ed strip club and Kitty being "shocked" was a subtle nod to the queer subtext people keep talking about? Maybe? *shrug* But I dug it.

Guggenheim lost me at "boyo", but I guess we'll just keep hearing it from observations of his typical response to criticism to just double down. It was ok, but liked the bar scene in Gold #26 better though.

With CC's part . . . Is it a dream sequence? Or just reflections? Why on Earth is current Kitty working at a bar and why does Logan have a ghost if he's not really dead . . . Or is he? Nice history review, lot's of text bubbles.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

I thought this was kinda terrible. What is with the X-Men and terrible bachelor/bachelorette parties? Someone's getting married and their personalities revert to these standard overbearing friend types. I just can't imagine Kurt, Ororo, or Rogue dragging Kitty and Pete to strip clubs against their will. Why do the X-Men have to partake in the same pre-wedding tropes that sitcoms do? The only thing I liked was Emma gifting a champagne bottle.

Also, Claremont doesn't have Kitty's history correct unless I was reading those pages wrong because the layouts were a bit scattered. It looked like he was saying that Kitty went to Chicago after getting back from the bullet but she hasn't left the X-Men since her return. Also, she's still working at the Belles of Hell bar???
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Extraordinary Member

This sounds terrible to me.

I could’ve done without the Rogue/Kitty pep talk. It just felt gratuitous to remind people of the R&G mini. Those pages would be better used with Rachel/Magik/Karma/Storm.

I loved this issue. It was so sweet. It got me even more excite about Kitty and Colossus' upcoming wedding. Claremont, Guggenheim, and Thompson really knocked it out of the park.

I think Kitty and Colossus have more challenges than most, in terms of forging a long-lasting marriage. Their love isn't on the same iconic level as Reed/Sue, Peter/MJ, and Cyclops/Jean. However, that might work to their benefit because it means that nothing is assumed. They both have to put in the effort to make this relationship last. And I think they can do it. Both characters have held their own as individuals. I think they can make each other better as a married couple.

If nothing else, this issue was worth buying just to see Storm plan Kitty's bachelorette party. That was a great moment and one that I hope lives on in X-men lore for years to come.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This was really really really bad. Claremont's pages were harmless, I guess.

I hate hyping weddings and marriage to begin with. I find bachelor/bachelorette parties to be super traditional and silly. The strippers are co-ed but we still gotta split the X-men up into guys and girls. Wake me up when the X-men stop upholding the old-fashioned gender binary.

Why do people keep calling the strippers coed? I get what you mean but a strip club isnt a coed environment. The word applies to an educational institution