Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I hated how Iceman was written. "It's a celebration of your independence and your manhood." Ugh. Did Guggenheim even read Grace's Iceman? Let the poor guy have some fun with Kitty and the strippers.
    Not very many people did and I wish I hadn't. Gugg's dialogue was actually better and more believable than Bobby saying "Yass Qween" ....and no i'm Not kidding

I hated how Iceman was written. "It's a celebration of your independence and your manhood." Ugh. Did Guggenheim even read Grace's Iceman? Let the poor guy have some fun with Kitty and the strippers.
    Jut bc he's gay doesnt mean he should be with the women. I didnt like Sina's Iceman. I was fine with him being with Piotr

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    , because of Polaris being there (it wouldn't be logical for this to take place during Cry Havok, which is simultaneous with Poison X).
    It has been explained by Thompson that the green-haired girl is not Polaris.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Not very many people did and I wish I hadn't. Gugg's dialogue was actually better and more believable than Bobby saying "Yass Qween" ....and no i'm Not kidding
    He said it ONE time and even said that if there was EVER a time to say it, it was then. Because some gay guys actually do say that sometimes, as you know.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Gugg's uses Lemire-Iceman. Thank God.

Just as a general FYI, please don't create categories of homosexual masculinity when no such things exist please.

If you think Grace's Iceman was just about him saying "yas qween," then you must not have actually read it. And he said it one time ironically as a typical bad Iceman joke, so

It's not really about putting Bobby with the girls because he's gay, it's more about putting characters with other characters that make sense, not based on something so old-fashioned and normative like gender. This is how the leader of the X-men gets married? The leader of all those weirdo and freaky mutants?

Gugg's Iceman is a "masc for masc" douchebag spouting BS about masculinity and independence with the boys
    Last edited by Strong Girl Daken; 05-17-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Gugg's uses Lemire-Iceman. Thank God.
    Lemire's Iceman was a two-dimensional non entity. Grace's characterization for Bobby may not have been spot on all the time, but at least he had a personality. I would much rather read the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jut bc he's gay doesnt mean he should be with the women. I didnt like Sina's Iceman. I was fine with him being with Piotr
    Agree with both of you on this.

If you think Grace's Iceman was just about him saying "yas qween," then you must not have actually read it. And the one time he said was ironically as a typical bad Iceman joke, so

It's not really about putting Bobby with the girls because he's gay, it's more about putting characters with other characters that make sense, not based on something so old-fashioned and normative like gender. This is how the leader of the X-men gets married? The leader of all those weirdo and freaky mutants?

Gugg's Iceman is a "masc for masc" douchebag spouting BS about masculinity and independence.
    Why does Iceman make more sense being with Kitty than Piotr and his crew? Bobby has a long history serving on plenty of teams with him, Kurt and he's recently started up a friendship with Pyro. Why not complaini about Gambit not being with the women? I mean he's close to Storm, Rogue, Jean and has history with Kitty?

I agree, Gambit should also be at the strippers.

If you think Grace's Iceman was just about him saying "yas qween," then you must not have actually read it. And the one time he said was ironically as a typical bad Iceman joke, so

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Lemire's Iceman was a two-dimensional non entity. Grace's characterization for Bobby may not have been spot on all the time, but at least he had a personality. I would much rather read the latter.
    I agree with both of you. Lemire's Iceman didn't really do much beyond his contribution to the fights.

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

The real out-of-character moment was Remy LeBoyo not being one of the strippers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    He said it ONE time and even said that if there was EVER a time to say it, it was then. Because some gay guys actually do say that sometimes, as you know.
    And he said "celebration of masculinity" one time. They're both BAD lines.

If you think Grace's Iceman was just about him saying "yas qween," then you must not have actually read it. And he said it one time ironically as a typical bad Iceman joke, so

Gugg's Iceman is a "masc for masc" douchebag spouting BS about masculinity and independence with the boys
    You read too much into things. I was pointing out that they're badly stereotypical lines. Some people defend Grace's Iceman like it was some wonderful flawless execution and it wasn't. It had a beautiful coming out story, but it should have just been that one story as a mini. Everything beyond was poorly executed.

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    The real out-of-character moment was Remy LeBoyo not being one of the strippers.
    I agree. He should've been on stage when Storm was doing Stripperoke with Rogue, Boom Boom& Iceman stuffing bills into his gstring lol.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I’ve never seen a strip club with males and female performing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Ororo would never invite Polaris to a bachelorette party. Everyone knows how she gets around strippers.
    What is this suppose to be a reference to?
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-17-2018 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Put two “o”s on “to”