Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    He said it would be "explored." Which I guess technically it was, but only in a very, VERY minimalist sense.
    Considering they didn't clarified if her partner was a girl or not, it really wasn't lol.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Anyone else feel like ANW was meant to end differently?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Totes differently.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Certainly but it's difficult to know how far the writers are free to make the ends they would like. DoX for example clearly had its history and ending changed and did not follow the will of Soule or Lemire.

How often to writers get to end a series the way they wanted to in the first place?

This story arc, while not really bad, feels like it should have been at least an issue longer. After years of not seeing each other, we only see a total of 10 words between Bellona and Gabby.

This was a really great ride. I think this was consistently my fave x-book and glad Taylor will still get to write Laura and Gabby (and hopefully jonothan) in Red.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was a really great ride. I think this was consistently my fave x-book and glad Taylor will still get to write Laura and Gabby (and hopefully jonothan) in Red.
    Jonathan and Gabby will be showing up in Tamaki's X-23 thankfully

... okay but how weird would it be if Tamaki continues the whole sister thing and it turns out that the Cuckoos' dad is Logan?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jonathan and Gabby will be showing up in Tamaki's X-23 thankfully

... okay but how weird would it be if Tamaki continues the whole sister thing and it turns out that the Cuckoos' dad is Logan?
    I'm not sure i'm going to continue on with X-23. I am not so much a huge laura fan as i stumbled upon the book early on and jumped on for the ride. So i don't know.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I am truly sad this series is over. Taylor did a wonderful job these past three years. He won me over as a fan of his writing and Laura won me over as a fan of the character. I think with Gabby and Jonathan the real Wolverine, Taylor has progressed Laura in meaningful and long-lasting ways.

The ideas behind OWL were stellar and that first issue was great. I do have to agree that the ending felt rushed. Laura was ready to die and Gabby just told her not to. It's the type of subversion I love from Taylor but I think this arc needed one more issue to really sell the relief that Laura lives in a very hopeful future. It feels like the right send off for this book, but maybe it could have been bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm not sure i'm going to continue on with X-23. I am not so much a huge laura fan as i stumbled upon the book early on and jumped on for the ride. So i don't know.
    I had a similar experience. I also stumbled on this series and stuck around because I loved the writing and tone so much.

BANNED

• I think this arc could have been so much better tbh. Felt like it was cut short and it was an odd choice for the final arc of the series, given it's not dealing with present-day Wolverine + Honey Badger. You'd think there would be a smoother transition between this and the upcoming X-23 series too, given Laura has dropped the Wolverine mantle by that point and there's no indication of an in-between.
    • I get that having Maria Hill, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye and Wasp was a callback to earlier issues but they're still not really characters I associate w/ Laura and nothing about 'em was really that interesting in comparison to their younger counterparts? Would have liked Daken to be there for Laura but alas.
    • Would've maybe liked more mutant prisoners taken in by Doom, and I'm confused why Daredevil is somehow still alive. How many years into the future is this supposed to be?
    • Still wish the opportunity had been taken to bring Hellion, Mercury and/or Dust into the series. I hope Tamaki's X-23 run brings 'em in.

I really was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this whole series. Came into it late and I had only read very limited Laura stories previously. So being less invested in the character and having no specific expectations, I enjoyed it purely for the writing. But Gabby is now a definite favorite of mine and I'm far more interested in Laura. Thanks for a great story Tom Taylor!

Amazing Member

Anybody else found that ending a little weird.

Like it just goes:

Laura collapses: Well I'm dying now. I love you Gabs.

Gabby: No your not. We're gonna fix you get up. Walk it off. Walk the death off.

Laura: Oh ok then.

At first it made look like she was pretty much spent there and she started to make the speech. But then the last panel looks like she just got punched in the side and walked it off.

I think Taylor could've at least been like. The Suit Doom is wearing aided in prolonging his life put it on Laura, BAM we got some time to go find a cure now.

For an ending to the series it was ok but definitely could've been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    Anybody else found that ending a little weird.

Like it just goes:

Laura collapses: Well I'm dying now. I love you Gabs.

Gabby: No your not. We're gonna fix you get up. Walk it off. Walk the death off.

Laura: Oh ok then.

At first it made look like she was pretty much spent there and she started to make the speech. But then the last panel looks like she just got punched in the side and walked it off.

I think Taylor could've at least been like. The Suit Doom is wearing aided in prolonging his life put it on Laura, BAM we got some time to go find a cure now.

For an ending to the series it was ok but definitely could've been better.
    I think you just summed up death in cape comics in the most hilarious way