Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Shrike vs. Marvel Earth

616 comics Marvel.

Rules:

Marvel is aware that something is coming to attack them, but they don't know what. Basic Knowledge of opponents is off for both sides.

All heroes and villains are in their respective bases of operation. So the X-Men are in the mansion, Avengers are in their tower and so on.
    They are given 10 seconds to prepare themselves for combat. So flipping automated defenses into position, red alert status.

Typically terrestrial heroes and such that are off world at the time, are brought back. Typically cosmic people are sent off world (I don't mean Thor, more like if Surfer is in one of his weird phases of hanging around Earth, he gets booted back into space lol).

Franklin Richards is on the planet but is "in-character" not bloodlusted.

If people happen to have an Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cube or the like hanging around, it is excluded. I want more typical weapons/resources in play.

The Shrike appears in Portland Oregon, bloodlusted and intending to kill every living thing. Discuss!

*it should be noted, I'm not expecting Shrike to win. This is more of a "how far does he get" sort of thing. I've just read his books again and wanted to talk about him while its fresh in my mind. =)

edit: no MAD situations lol. Like, Earth has to survive. No just blowing it up as a win :P
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 05-19-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Well Franklin is around. So of course it ultimately loses.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well Franklin is around. So of course it ultimately loses.
    Yeah, I'm not trying to argue he can solo or even win lol. More like... what obstacles can/can't it overcome
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Eh. Actually based on the stipulations, he likely takes out the Richards family first unless their auto defenses are on the level of "stops an angry Silver Surfer".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Franklin doesn't matter he's a kid, he'd be taken down first.

I don't remember the Shrike having feats of hurting class 100s so eventually Thor or someone stops it

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Franklin doesn't matter he's a kid, he'd be taken down first.

I don't remember the Shrike having feats of hurting class 100s so eventually Thor or someone stops it
    He can infect things with the Merlin Sickness which ages you backwards. Also assuming Reed and Co. die first, can't the Shrike just use some of their tech?

Of course Merlin's Sickness regresses at a rate of one day per day, or some such ... so it would take a LONG time for Thor to be weakened by it.

Arx Inosaan

Oh! Real quick. No Mutually Assured Destruction scenarios lol. Ill edit the OP.
    - big_adventure

In a month the Earth gets the Sentry, so that's what you get for reminding me of that ;p

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Oh! Real quick. No Mutually Assured Destruction scenarios lol. Ill edit the OP.
    Shouldn't come to that.

Shrike may even win this.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    In a month the Earth gets the Sentry, so that's what you get for reminding me of that ;p
    We have 30 days of happiness. Don't take this from me.

Arx Inosaan

*sigh*

Ill be in my Rumbles Forum Bunker. Ahh, who am I kidding, I'll probably be creating most of his threads personally :P
    - big_adventure

Shouldn't come to that.

Shrike may even win this.
    You think so?
    - big_adventure

Depends on whether or not it picks up Reed's tech after it murders them all, but yes.

No one on Earth can really do much about it, with the speed differences.

Arx Inosaan

Depends on whether or not it picks up Reed's tech after it murders them all, but yes.

No one on Earth can really do much about it, with the speed differences.
    The Sentry, speed is irrelevant to the solutions he can use here ;p

To paraphrase Carnivale, the clock is ticking brothers and sisters, counting down to armaged- uhhh, terrible comics ;p

The Sentry, speed is irrelevant to the solutions he can use here ;p

To paraphrase Carnivale, the clock is ticking brothers and sisters, counting down to armaged- uhhh, terrible comics ;p
    Now you're just out to make everyone suffer.

You monster.

You Witch.

Arx Inosaan