BANNED

Default Superman SDCC 2014 News

here's some excerpts

Johns says he read every New 52 Superman comic before working with the character to see what he's been through. Adds he wanted to bring back the Daily Planet in a big way and says there's a strong focus on Jimmy Olsen coming. Also says the heart of Superman is Clark Kent and what the people around him mean to him.

Soule says SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN is fun because in incorporates characters from both worlds. Explains the physical conflict gives him a chance to illuminate the characters and humanize them with little moments. Adds that the Doomed story just gets bigger and bigger and bigger. I was lucky to write Wonder Woman FE and Superman/WW FE, which is a one-two punch story telling what their relationship does in five years."

more jimmy is welcome, cant wait to see what soules has planned for the futures end tie in's

read more here
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...ce-panel-recap
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/sd...l/1100-149361/
    Last edited by kidstandout; 07-25-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Glad he's done his research, just hope he takes the strongest vibes from the two best portrayals (Morrison and Pak). More focus on Jimmy is good. Not that excited nor disappointed about the Daily Planet presence. I knew it was coming. The one thing that could get me excited though is if he does more with taking the paper down the road of digital news, building off the blog sidebar.

But I groan that the heart of Superman is Clark Kent. There is no disconnect, both identities are two parts to the whole. Stop trying to elevate one over the other. His heart is the same whether he's wearing the costume or wearing the glasses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Glad he's done his research, just hope he takes the strongest vibes from the two best portrayals (Morrison and Pak). More focus on Jimmy is good. Not that excited nor disappointed about the Daily Planet presence. I knew it was coming. The one thing that could get me excited though is if he does more with taking the paper down the road of digital news, building off the blog sidebar.

But I groan that the heart of Superman is Clark Kent. There is no disconnect, both identities are two parts to the whole. Stop trying to elevate one over the other. His heart is the same whether he's wearing the costume or wearing the glasses.
    agreed, that's what has me cautiously optimistic about whats to come in his run
    Last edited by kidstandout; 07-25-2014 at 04:45 PM.

I guess its all in the execution though. If he feels the heart is Clark Kent, okay, but what is Clark Kent? If its "simple farmboy", then I reinstate my groaning. If to him "Clark Kent" encompasses it all, then I can set my watch to that, even if its not at all how I'd word it personally. The story thus far is good though so I'll be around to see where it goes. Just hope the former doesn't creep in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    agreed, that's what has me cautiously optimistic about whats to come in his run
    I agree too, but at the same time I've always felt actual journalism is the most underutilized, coolest part of his entire character. I'm glad to see a big focus on it.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com