Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Alfred Pennyworth getting an origins TV series

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Why? Just...why? I mean, I love Alfred and his mysterious and topsy-turvy background, but still .

I don't even get why they're not marketing it as a Gotham spinoff since, with it ending next season and Bruno Heller attached, it almost seems like it's primed to replace it anyways .

I guess if anything might come out of this is the opportunity to explore the Waynes before Bruce was born and their death.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why? Just...why? I mean, I love Alfred and his mysterious and topsy-turvy background, but still .

I don't even get why they're not marketing it as a Gotham spinoff since, with it ending next season and Bruno Heller attached, it almost seems like it's primed to replace it anyways .

I guess if anything might come out of this is the opportunity to explore the Waynes before Bruce was born and their death.
    Probably because of continuity and this being on an entirely different network.

Finally Alfred is getting an origin story. He is one of my favourite characters and I hope the Waynes are in it too.

Sure, why not.

Fantastic Member

Yes it will be great. Now we will know what he did in the SAS and MI6 also have him unknowingly go up against the league of assasins and Ras Al Ghul he should be considered a world wide security threat because he is a terrorist and Kobra. Maybe met a young deathstroke when he was an idealistic american soldier. Sam Lane Gen Ellering and even a young brash intelligence officer from the USA Amanda Waller. Richard Dragon as well. that would be my dream storylines and how Thomas Wayne and Alfred meet as well.

Fantastic Member

Also have it be that Martha actually liked Alfred more than Thomas because she thought he was a playboy that would be hillarious too

I originally thought of this as a joke, but I can totally see a kid-friendly "Ace the Bat-hound" spin-off movie...

newsarama surprise me with this news.

Seems like a rather pointless series
    we already had Gotham the series that was supposed to be a show about the GCPD get hijacked by Batman's villains
    Now we are getting an alfred prequel series
    Which will probably be good just like Gotham is but ultimately these shows(krypton,gotham,Metropolis,etc) are just getting made because they can't do a Batman or Superman tv show akin to arrow because of the DC movies

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    Yes it will be great. Now we will know what he did in the SAS and MI6 also have him unknowingly go up against the league of assasins and Ras Al Ghul he should be considered a world wide security threat because he is a terrorist and Kobra. Maybe met a young deathstroke when he was an idealistic american soldier. Sam Lane Gen Ellering and even a young brash intelligence officer from the USA Amanda Waller. Richard Dragon as well. that would be my dream storylines and how Thomas Wayne and Alfred meet as well.
    And Wintergreen. Don't forget Wintergreen. They could realistically be colleagues.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Alfred has a pretty impressive resume so I'm actually interested

Maybe they'll use this to introduce concepts like Spyral and Checkmate...

Bummer that they AREN'T using Sean Pertwee. Why couldn't it have been a prequel?

We really like this Alfred and feel his acting was one of the strengths of the Gotham show.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Extraordinary Member

Wow, they will produce pretty much any live action Batman show they can except for one that actually features Batman, won't they?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.