Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman doesn't need one. He's already everywhere and people already know his story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Batman doesn't need one. He's already everywhere and people already know his story.
    Sure, but is anyone even interested in this one?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I am, but of course it depends on execution.

Astonishing Member

Well, on the one hand, I am a little tired of these 'prequel' mini-series.

On the other hand, Alfred is a fascinating character to explore. And the part which intrigues me the most is the notion that this will be a period piece in 60's London. Expect some Sean Connery-esq hi-jinks on Alfred's part!

It'll also potentially be a chance to explore Thomas Wayne as a character, something which has seldom been done even in the comics.

Another wild idea regarding the timeline though - if the show lasts a few seasons, and if in a few years things change enough that WB/DC are in a position to do a Batman TV show - then we could potentially have a sequel series to this set in, say, the 80's, featuring a Frank Miller-esq Year One Batman!

BANNED

This does have potential, coup in Santa Prisca where he meets Bane's freedom fighter mom, meeting with Slade and Wintergreen, naturally running in to the League of Shadows, encountering King Snake and Dr Death. It can stick to its premise and work but if I see Mr Freeze and Two-Face I'll drop it fast.

A Bondesque period piece with elements from the Batman mythology that make sense for an Alfred prequel series can be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    This does have potential, coup in Santa Prisca where he meets Bane's freedom fighter mom, meeting with Slade and Wintergreen, naturally running in to the League of Shadows, encountering King Snake and Dr Death. It can stick to its premise and work but if I see Mr Freeze and Two-Face I'll drop it fast.

A Bondesque period piece with elements from the Batman mythology that make sense for an Alfred prequel series can be awesome.
    That would require more knowledge and creativity involving the Batman mythos then I expect to see coming from this.

Fantastic Member

Also establish the fact that Alfred is probably a decade older than Thomas because it makes sense and I always thought that was the case

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

That's a really stupid idea.

Mighty Member

Azrael? (I've taken a liking to him recently) Batwing? Batwoman? Cassandra? Red Hood? Out of all the characters, they choose Alfred? Wtf.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    Also establish the fact that Alfred is probably a decade older than Thomas because it makes sense and I always thought that was the case
    Honestly, is there any clarity on Alfred's age these days?

I kinda expect him to be in his 60's in the present-day, late 60's at most. Since Batman, in current continuity, I assume is in his late 30's or pushing 40, Alfred is IMO no more than 30 years older than Bruce. Which should put him somewhere in Thomas Wayne's age range.

Lmao.

I’d wager this takes place during his S.A.S. days then?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Honestly, is there any clarity on Alfred's age these days?

I kinda expect him to be in his 60's in the present-day, late 60's at most. Since Batman, in current continuity, I assume is in his late 30's or pushing 40, Alfred is IMO no more than 30 years older than Bruce. Which should put him somewhere in Thomas Wayne's age range.
    Alfred knew MMe. Marie during World War II. Might not be canon now.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I am. Alfred has interesting backstory we often heard but only used to justify his skills.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Alfred knew MMe. Marie during World War II. Might not be canon now.
    Obviously not.

That said, the MMe. Marie stuff was canon during the 1970's and early 80's. So if Alfred was intended to be a 'young agent' in his twenties during WW2, that would put him in his fifties or sixties in what was then current continuity - a time during which Bruce was in his early thirties. So him being in his late sixties now, or maybe seventy at most, kinda makes sense (given that Bruce is in his late thirties or forty at most in current continuity).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would require more knowledge and creativity involving the Batman mythos then I expect to see coming from this.
    Another reason why I do't have a whole lot of faith in this project.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.