Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Avengers #2 *SPOILERS*

spoilers:
    not a whole lot happened. It appears that the Fallen from 1 million bc was infected with the insects that we saw Strange and BP deal with last issue. Eson attempted to communicate with (She?) Hulk...she is then teleported to wherever GR is and they have a fight....the other "normal" Celestials appear to have succumbed to the same insect infestation....but not the Final Host. They seem to be ready for a purge. Eson is beheaded. How and to what end Loki is involved is not yet clear.
    end of spoilers

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

It's She-Hulk. Not Hulk. She's never been Hulk and never will be, no matter how much Aaron doesn't get it.

Also, way too show respect to Tamaki's run and careful dealings with handling PTSD.

I'm starting to get the sense that Aaron wanted She-Hulk for the Hulk slot because he wanted a character he would have more freedom with (versus Bruce), but he didn't want to make the effort to actually write her differently from the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It's She-Hulk. Not Hulk. She's never been Hulk and never will be, no matter how much Aaron doesn't get it.

Also, way too show respect to Tamaki's run and careful dealings with handling PTSD.
    Actually she did go by Hulk briefly in Tamaki’s run though that was resolved by the end. And seriously? For all the things for Aaron to ignore from her run, he chose to ignore the resolution that fixes her? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm starting to get the sense that Aaron wanted She-Hulk for the Hulk slot because he wanted a character he would have more freedom with (versus Bruce), but he didn't want to make the effort to actually write her differently from the Hulk.
    I dunno feels more like he had the role written for having Bruce on the team but was told he couldn’t use him and instead swapped it to Jen with little to no care for her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I dunno feels more like he had the role written for having Bruce on the team but was told he couldn’t use him and instead swapped it to Jen with little to no care for her character.
    I think I read somewhere that he was offered OG Hulk (even though it wouldn't have made any sense for the current Hulk to be on an Avengers team) but went with She-Hulk instead, even if your scenario isn't implausible.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post

Amen to that. She is she-hulk. Bad enough taking everything away again without a good about her with a good explanation (Tamaki and CWII did that already) now going hulk name for no reason. Its stupid.
    By the way giving her new powers will not make her different bruce and make her any less one dimensional character that CWII and Tamaki (till the end) run turned her into. Won't change that you took from her what made her not be a one dimensional character away.
    Last edited by Supermutant2099; 05-16-2018 at 10:30 AM.

spoilers:
    it was OK chapter.

the stuff with She-Hulk was stupid, really.

Hulk 2.0.

every character Aaron touches he ruins them.

hello, Loki.

the only good thing in current Norse lore.

oh and Aaron really likes Sun to be everyone Achille's Heel.

first, Gods being afraid of dying there, Mjölnir getting destroyed and now Celestials getting nuked in the Sun.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Man have the Celestials been nerfed in recent years.

Jen was a member of the Avengers and the FF but Aaron thinks the Celestials are "above her paygrade" Aaron's Thor still feels like Hercules. His Captain Marvel is actually good.

BANNED

Great second issue, even more fun than the first.

The key to an all-action issue like this is still fitting in characterization and Aaron really gets in excellent lines for all of the Big Three, making their separate personalities shine even in the midst of battle.

He also writes a great Carol and this issue, which makes me excited for her contribution to the team dynamic.

Thumbs up, too, for the Ghost Rider. I love that Aaron spend a good amount of time with him this issue with old-school thought balloons giving us insight into Robbie's personality.

Obviously Jen's depiction has rankled some She-Hulk fans but while I'd prefer if Jen went back to her former personality, this was fine for a "Savage" She-Hulk and there's every chance her character will evolve as this run goes on.

And I enjoyed Loki's narration throughout. It'll be interesting to see what his end game is with this.

No offense but that all sounds awful. Will there be a second Avengers title?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    No offense but that all sounds awful. Will there be a second Avengers title?
    No.

Issue 2 needs more panther
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Oh look, a giant Ronan.

Even though I was not a huge fan of No Surrender, it was still much better than this.

This is some garbage. They followed up No Surrender, New/USAvengers, Uncanny Avengers, and the Waidvengers with THIS???? Everyone was clamoring for the Big Three to return so the "SJW sh!t leaves their comics" but they got Monkey Paw'd. We stan karma.

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    Okay the She-Hulk transgender look has got to go.
    Can you comment without the f*cking transphobia???

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    Okay the She-Hulk transgender look has got to go
    Imagine being the kind of person that thinks THIS is the proper way to describe their issues with how a comic book character is drawn.
    Last edited by Merrik; 05-16-2018 at 01:16 PM.