Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    No offense but that all sounds awful. Will there be a second Avengers title?
    Hahaha this is a real monkey paw moment for me. I wanted Avengers to be whittled down to one title, and now the only Avengers book sucks. Careful what you wish for!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    This is some garbage. They followed up No Surrender, New/USAvengers, Uncanny Avengers, and the Waidvengers with THIS???? Everyone was clamoring for the Big Three to return so the "SJW sh!t leaves their comics" but they got Monkey Paw'd. We stan karma.

Can you comment without the f*cking transphobia???
    Agreed. I got problems with She-Hulk's portrayal, reducing her character to a very basic, generic version of Hulk, but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
    Imagine being the kind of person that thinks THIS is the proper way to describe their issues with how a comic book character is drawn.
    lets just report

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I read somewhere that he was offered OG Hulk (even though it wouldn't have made any sense for the current Hulk to be on an Avengers team) but went with She-Hulk instead, even if your scenario isn't implausible.
    That just makes it even worse since that means he set out to write Jen horribly out of character and editorial just let him.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 05-16-2018 at 01:41 PM.

I think the issue was standard comic book faire. Nothing wrong with that, especially with Aaron's writing. I've dug McGuiness' art for over a decade now, so I've no problem with that either. Still, I was a little jaded. Avengers facing against some gigantic threat, everyone back to playing their roles, I feel like I've seen this before. Hence, why I found Loki's narration to be the most interesting part of the issue. He's seen this before and decides to play along.

As for She-Hulk, eh, I agree with what was said earlier, She-Hulk isn't the Hulk. I was looking for confident and vivacious She-Hulk, not an imitation of the Hulk. Still, I'm unaware of what happened in her previous series, so if there was a good explanation for it, I apologize.

I'll still read the title, though. Superheroics is still superheroics, which means stuff like this is still fun to read. However, I'm looking forward to more twists or turns for future issues.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Here's how Aaron could have easily fixed this Jen situation and I'm sure people would have been more accepting, including me:

Jen has two forms. Her normal green self we all love and the grey form. She's thrust into the situation and tries to help, but finds things incredibly difficult and hard, even for herself. Thus, she turns back into her muscle-bound grey form that's harder to control and fight things off, since she needs the strength to protect people, but has difficulties controlling it. She's still dealing with her problems and was hoping to move past it, but realizes she made need to get this angry form out for worst case scenarios.

Needs some work, but I think this idea might have been better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    Hey f*cktard, it isn't a slam against transsexual people at all. For your damned information my baby brother is transsexual and I'll inflict dire bodily harm anyone who messes with or insults him or his friends. It's a slam against artists who have suddenly decided to portray She-hulk as Arnold Schwarzenegger meets Godzilla with veins bigger than her fingers. They literally are drawing her with a female head on the real hulks body, news flash for you pal, THAT's insulting to actual transgendered people everywhere.

That's the problem with snowflakes like you, you think you are THE god damned moral authority on what other people say or mean. Perhaps try taking other peoples words as they are written instead of trying to discover some hidden context or veiled insult.
    Dude, characters get different looks all the time. Why do you have to describe her like that in a derogatory way? Especially when she still had long hair, breasts, hips, and a sexy build. She is still very feminine looking.

well this is a new direction for She-Hulk.

Issue was okay I guess. Kind of felt pretty standard fair to me. Robbie Reyes is the only real stand out for me, not that they break any new ground with him
    The J-man

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

spoilers:
    What I liked: Panel of Cap. Marvel lifting the celestial, great sense of scale like last issue. The threat of Dark Celestials causing genocide of the regular Celestials is still super horrifying although begs the question why isn't everyone pitching in/calling everyone to help. Liked everyone's voices from Iron Man trying to get a high level physic to figure out what's going on, Cap America's old stories, Ghost Rider being the new kid over his head, besides Jen but more on that in a bit. Eson going down fighting and getting the clue of a cure to She-Hulk.
    Disliked: Weird continuity issue of Robbie's car being haunted when its not. His Ghost Rider powers comes from his crazy, evil uncle's spirit. She-Hulk's Hulk, along with gaining control from her solo, has a different Savage Hulk from Hulk's Savage Hulk and isn't, "Smash smash ARRGH!". Really looking forward to what Aaron said to separating She-Hulk from Hulk more. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Jen was born and raised in LA California not Brooklyn.
    Other: Loki could be a super duper quantum triple agent so I'll reserve judgement of his actions until later. Not sure if seeing Jen's breathe and not seeing it during her fight with the bugs around Eson was a reference that a Savage Hulk doesn't need to breathe or if was just forgotten. I don't think the teleporting-to-the-sun-grenades would have worked but would at least but some time to think of a real plan.
    end of spoilers

Don't think she was lifting the guy, more like slowing its fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    spoilers:
    What I liked: Panel of Cap. Marvel lifting the celestial, great sense of scale like last issue. The threat of Dark Celestials causing genocide of the regular Celestials is still super horrifying although begs the question why isn't everyone pitching in/calling everyone to help. Liked everyone's voices from Iron Man trying to get a high level physic to figure out what's going on, Cap America's old stories, Ghost Rider being the new kid over his head, besides Jen but more on that in a bit. Eson going down fighting and getting the clue of a cure to She-Hulk.
    Disliked: Weird continuity issue of Robbie's car being haunted when its not. His Ghost Rider powers comes from his crazy, evil uncle's spirit. She-Hulk's Hulk, along with gaining control from her solo, has a different Savage Hulk from Hulk's Savage Hulk and isn't, "Smash smash ARRGH!". Really looking forward to what Aaron said to separating She-Hulk from Hulk more. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Jen was born and raised in LA California not Brooklyn.
    Other: Loki could be a super duper quantum triple agent so I'll reserve judgement of his actions until later. Not sure if seeing Jen's breathe and not seeing it during her fight with the bugs around Eson was a reference that a Savage Hulk doesn't need to breathe or if was just forgotten. I don't think the teleporting-to-the-sun-grenades would have worked but would at least but some time to think of a real plan.
    end of spoilers
    From what I can tell from googling it and remember jen grew in California.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Oh I didn't notice the Kirby Krackle particles trail. Makes sense that slowly them down is faster than going back and forth from earth to space to catch more of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That just makes it even worse since that means he set out to write Jen horribly out of character and editorial just let him.
    I don't think it's fair to say Aaron "set out to write Jen horribly out of character." Her character was changed during and post Civil War II to something different than she's been before. I don't think that was a particularly great move but it's her current status and that's what Aaron has to work with.

If it doesn't line up exactly with where she was left off in her last solo (I didn't keep up with it so I can't say), keep in mind that there might have been a long lead time with this, production wise, and they might have had to go with the thought that Jen would still be savage at this time.

I do hope they can get Jen back to her more classic self as it seems like a waste of a great character not to but pending any future changes, there's nothing here that strikes me as outrageously wrong in and of itself.

BANNED

Loved this issue

Best avengers book in years and ghost rider is fantastic

Art is perfect

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

“Hackity-hack-hack,” I coughed while reading this dreck. This dialogue might as well have been copy and pasted from an MCU script. Going from No Surender to this is jarring. The disparity in quality is super apparent