Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    yeah, true.

Carol especially because of her movie where she will be the most powerful.

she will get some boost in the comics most likely.

as for Strange and Panther, I dunno.

I like them more in the comics, especially Strange.
    Wait a minute, out of all the line up ...Carol possibly getting power up??? Just how much can you beat a dead horse. Black Panther out of all them is the weakest link. Damn old the foolishness of people trying say T'challa being over done name one of these Avengers aside from cap that Panther could beat.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Wait a minute, out of all the line up ...Carol possibly getting power up??? Just how much can you beat a dead horse. Black Panther out of all them is the weakest link. Damn old the foolishness of people trying say T'challa being over done name one of these Avengers aside from cap that Panther could beat.
    Are we ranking character's abilities based upon cage fighting now?

Astonishing Member

I think cap has the edge on their intrinsic capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I don't see how

I also don't see the modern avengers specifically mirroring the BC avengers through power ups. For example, Cap isn't gonna suddenly be given the iron fist

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I don't see how
    simply both are at the top possibility for humans to be, cap is at the peak it's possible for any human to be, I know panthers in that area

Cap has more years experience I feel

skill wise I'd put panther just below cap in fighting,

so on balance I think cap would win more often, though of course panther can win too

Tech and other things included, panther edges it, but on them alone, I think cap more often than not

In fact I wonder how these questions come up about cap, skill wise, on earth, I don't think he's sup added when you look at whos he's faced

I'd say mantis would beat cap consistently skill wise
    Last edited by kilderkin; 05-21-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Ummm..naw! Black Panther has been training since he was a kid...to fight! He learned the local fighting styles and then he was trained in multiple exotic marital arts, now this is for close to 20 yrs for him. Cap has standard military training and maybe some special forces training to go along with combat experience then he went ice cube for a few decades.

Astonishing Member

Ummm..naw! Black Panther has been training since he was a kid...to fight! He learned the local fighting styles and then he was trained in multiple exotic marital arts, now this is for close to 20 yrs for him. Cap has standard military training and maybe some special forces training to go along with combat experience then he went ice cube for a few decades.

Cap is defined by marvel as mastery over almost all firms of combat, also, his ability to learn styles just from observation is within the parameters of his enhancement (i dont mean like taskmaster but simply because his ability to learn is at peak human level) as noted by Kang, there's almost no form on earth he hasn't learned either by training in it, or fighting those with it, his abilities are at the peak of human possibility, not just his own, but anyone's

On base skill set, I don't think it's even that close with any other fighter on earth

What most made me think this was actually the recent film, powers removed he gets beaten by a former special forces soldier, I appreciate it was a difficult situation but he still did lose to a special forces soldier

But I appreciate opinions vary and this is off topic
    Last edited by kilderkin; 05-21-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Cap is defined by marvel as mastery over almost all firms of combat, also, his ability to learn styles just from observation is within the parameters of his enhancement (i dont mean like taskmaster but simply because his ability to learn is at peak human level) as noted by Kang, there's almost no form on earth he hasn't learned either by training in it, or fighting those with it, his abilities are at the peak of human possibility, not just his own, but anyone's

On base skill set, I don't think it's even that close with any other fighter on earth

What most made me think this was actually the recent film, powers removed he gets beaten by a former special forces soldier, I appreciate it was a difficult situation but he still did lose to a special forces soldier

But I appreciate opinions vary and this is off topic
    Agree to disagree, but you cool!

Astonishing Member

Agree to disagree, but you cool!
    sure thing

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

So I wanted to comment again on She-Hulk since I didn't realize there was one final trade I hadn't read. In addition to once again reinforcing my belief that Tamaki's run was actually really good (I especially liked some of the legal focus), it did make me understand some of the criticism of where she is in Aaron's run. I would argue her change back to the old self was a little quick and easy, so I can see the justification that it didn't entirely stick. On the other hand, it's hard to shake the feeling that Aaron just wasn't aware of the resolution so he's trying to create his own resolution.

That being said, I do think he wants to resolve the She-Hulk situation and I suspect he's building somewhere.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    So I wanted to comment again on She-Hulk since I didn't realize there was one final trade I hadn't read. In addition to once again reinforcing my belief that Tamaki's run was actually really good (I especially liked some of the legal focus), it did make me understand some of the criticism of where she is in Aaron's run. I would argue her change back to the old self was a little quick and easy, so I can see the justification that it didn't entirely stick. On the other hand, it's hard to shake the feeling that Aaron just wasn't aware of the resolution so he's trying to create his own resolution.

That being said, I do think he wants to resolve the She-Hulk situation and I suspect he's building somewhere.
    I see it as suggesting an incident in her life that we have not yet seen. She is totally on edge and guarded in a way that was not reflected in recent runs at all, so it is clearly not a reversion. If it was just a backwards step she would be walking around worrying about anxiety not totally on edge as if she is about to go Hulk any second.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's also worth noting that she's green instead of gray, which is a change from her run.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

Really? The guy with the most wealth and technologically advanced nation at his disposal is the weakest link?

I'd argue he could be just about everyone on this team, save maybe ghost rider and doctor strange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Really? The guy with the most wealth and technologically advanced nation at his disposal is the weakest link?

I'd argue he could be just about everyone on this team, save maybe ghost rider and doctor strange.
    Yeah I mind blown by that comment too.. Panther is the type of character who stays ahead of others because of planning. Hell he could have counter measures for Strange and Rider