Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Red face Angelic Butterfly Archangel/Psylocke Love!

Anyone else love this pairing as much as I do...they have similar pasts, both wild and passionate souls with huge hearts that often keep their true feelings to themselves. Not the greatest start but I've been a fan of this pairing since day one and we've seen that both characters hold their relationship as being very important to them.

I can't believe the Psylocke fans haven't come in to shut you down dude.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Ultimate Member

Yeah, and for the record, put the two together but then don't have Betsy lose any of her class, charm, wit, sass, bravery or anything of that sort, always loved their banter...

I support this. But I will not be around for the crapstorm that will soon enter this thread.

They always felt like the most genuine and compatible X-Men couples.

Ultimate Member

I loved their banter in that issue and in X-men #30 iirc, the issue right before Scott and Jean's wedding, where Warren mentions about the Hellfire Club and the type of guy that they want and Betsy make a witty remark back about it at Warren's expense...her singing and them skipping out on the check even though he owned the restaurant, their subtle way of making fun of Scott and Jean's relationship...just have them start a team and add some of their friends and it'd be a great team.

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

My OTP. The first comics I ever read was the Crimson Dawn arc, and it made me love both characters (separately and together) to this day.

In contrast to some other couples, they were just together, it wasn't the focus, no one was cheating or jealous or anything else (except for that Black Sun thing). Betsy would decline a jetpack on a mission and later you'd see Angel carrying her in the background instead. I think they were together in comics before I was born. I'll love them forever.

Some people don't like them, but I don't know who they'd prefer her to be with. Fanto? If she's not with Warren she's better off single, nobody else is good enough for her.
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me

I always liked their similar backgrounds, mainly that both came from money, were well educated, classy, gorgeous and intelligent but not so much so that they felt they needed to be condescending. I will always think that they're best for each other.

Very valid points.

I think what also connected them is that they've both been through some extreme body horror and alternate personalities. Warren lost the wings then got transformed into Death by Apocalypse while Psylocke got blinded then given bionic eyes by Mojo and had her mind swapped into a new body by Spiral to become a weapon of The Hand and the Mandarin.

I really liked them together. I was quite sad when Betsy started doing whatever with Thunderbird II and, later on, Fantomex.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Psylocke and Archangel was probably my favorite X-couple. My favorite Warren-Betsy moments are from the whole Remender's Uncanny X-Force. It was tragic but beautifully done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    I always liked their similar backgrounds, mainly that both came from money, were well educated, classy, gorgeous and intelligent but not so much so that they felt they needed to be condescending. I will always think that they're best for each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I think what also connected them is that they've both been through some extreme body horror and alternate personalities. Warren lost the wings then got transformed into Death by Apocalypse while Psylocke got blinded then given bionic eyes by Mojo and had her mind swapped into a new body by Spiral to become a weapon of The Hand and the Mandarin.
    I agree with all of this and would add that they both do what they do as heroes simply because they enjoy doing it. It's one of the traits that originally drew me to both characters (before they were a couple). Sure, they want to do the right thing, and they have ideals, but mostly they both think super-heroing (that's a verb, right?) is FUN. Neither one would angst over whether they were doing the right thing, or get hung up on "the dream", they would just go with the flow and enjoy their time on the team. At least, before all the body horror they did. Since then they've become big balls of angst, but it only serves to strengthen the bond between the two.

Love these two. I hope we get some resolution of the nuAngel plot so we can see them interact again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    I agree with all of this and would add that they both do what they do as heroes simply because they enjoy doing it. It's one of the traits that originally drew me to both characters (before they were a couple). Sure, they want to do the right thing, and they have ideals, but mostly they both think super-heroing (that's a verb, right?) is FUN. Neither one would angst over whether they were doing the right thing, or get hung up on "the dream", they would just go with the flow and enjoy their time on the team. At least, before all the body horror they did. Since then they've become big balls of angst, but it only serves to strengthen the bond between the two.

Love these two. I hope we get some resolution of the nuAngel plot so we can see them interact again.
    Thank you
    Everything I wanted to say why I loved them you guys said it

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    I agree with all of this and would add that they both do what they do as heroes simply because they enjoy doing it.
    Yet another thing I love about them.

Warren is a billionaire and could go live somewhere peacefully and have anything he wants, but all he's wanted since he was a kid is to be a hero.

Betsy is rich and has the skills to be pretty much anything she'd want to be, good or bad, but she enjoys the action and adventure.

She has darker tendencies, like Archangel (but not Warren at his core) and you could almost say that by sticking with Warren she avoided heading in the wrong direction, which reinforced his position on the side of good too. NuAngel makes me sad.
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me

Uncanny X-Men #319. Art by Steve Epting.
    arps.jpg