Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Claws of A Killer sold out, and going for second print, out June 20th.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...engers-domino/

I enjoyed the story, but didn't think it would get to sell-out & re[print status. Unless ALL the Wolverine Hunt minis do this, since it's Wolverine lol.
    This is the only one of these I've heard selling out like this. I really liked this book and think Tamaki did something cool with it, but that is seriously impressive especially given that these aren't exactly A-list characters.

But the zombies were cool. I like that we're sort of reminded that most main 616 characters haven't actually had to deal with zombies outside of movies or video games. Plus, even with their healing factors, due to their close range claws, none of these characters are really made ready to deal with zombies.

Despite the relative lack of zombies, there actually is a zombie virus cure, it's just all the way back in New York with Morbius the Living Vampire.

Astonishing Member

for me the plot twist is
    -zombies turn into zombies the normal people they bite
    -creed, daken and deathstrike are protected from that by their healing factors, but instead of turning into zombies, the injuries damage them for real, negating their healing factors.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This is the only one of these I've heard selling out like this. I really liked this book and think Tamaki did something cool with it, but that is seriously impressive especially given that these aren't exactly A-list characters.

But the zombies were cool. I like that we're sort of reminded that most main 616 characters haven't actually had to deal with zombies outside of movies or video games. Plus, even with their healing factors, due to their close range claws, none of these characters are really made ready to deal with zombies.

Despite the relative lack of zombies, there actually is a zombie virus cure, it's just all the way back in New York with Morbius the Living Vampire.
    I guess it shows was a writer can do if they care enough about the characters they're writing. I especially am shocked, given all the complaints I am seeing on social media from angry Daken fans who don't like him as a villain again. I only find it amusing. Welcome to the world of some Sabretooth fans.

Mystery in Madripoor hasn't come out yet, so we'd have to see if that one sells out too. If not, then Tamaki has made quite the mark with Claws of A Killer. Especially for a mini series, which usually don't have good sales because of the fact.

I have to keep saying, it's only 1 chapter. And things can change once chapter 2 hits. But it is a good start with most reviews being positive. The only negatives seem to be from Daken's fanbase. And a select few from Sabretooth's, who don't like Axis being ignored. But I still think it's been mostly ignored since last Apr. Pak took one chapter to reference it, but seemed like a cop-out more than anything so he couldn't be accused of not acknowledging it. Because, nothing in the series before or after that chapter gave us anything. As earlier debated, some disagree that he's a villain in Weapon X. But personally, I am not seeing anything heroic in him there. And seems Pak has gone out of his way to depict Sabretooth as bad & untrustworthy. So Tamaki not bothering to take Axis seriously isn't surprising for me. I'm just happy she's writing Sabretooth seriously, and not as battered comedy relief -least so far. I hope she doesn't fall into that pattern in later chapters.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-17-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Is she really 'ignoring' it? The last 'status' was the inversion was wearing off but not all the way and he was 'fighting' it to some extant. If it finally wore off, he wouldn't care about fighting it anymore. And the inversion wearing off the rest of the way, isn't a stretch, by any means.

This is more of an event mini, building up to the return of Wolverine, that could be helping it.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Yeah. Bunn wrote it as wearing off. And when Weapon X came on the scene, it seemed we did a time-skip ahead around a year to it being worn off already.

I hate we didn't get to see Creed have a real redemption attempt, then slowly have it wear away & showing his conflict after he'd managed to build up something good. A lot of wasted potential and story there. And I am still salty about it.. But Creed is not ever gonna be an anti-hero. he'll always get reset to a mere Wolverine hater with no character or life outside of making Logan look good. If that has to be his destiny now, make him a serious character & competent thread. Not Plankton.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Claws of A Killer sold out, and going for second print, out June 20th.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05...engers-domino/

I enjoyed the story, but didn't think it would get to sell-out & reprint status. Unless ALL the Wolverine Hunt minis do this, since it's Wolverine lol.
    Every book in the HFW line has sold out and gone to second printing now. I reckon they'll sell around 60k to 90k each

Extraordinary Member

Interesting idea about the zombie bites. It doesn't really help Daken at the moment, especially if Creed or Deathstrike decide to kill him just to be safe. Plus he'd be bleeding out and probably missing several vital organs.

Interesting about the books selling so well, but especially this one given its B-list characters and premise.

It's always weird to find Daken fans. He was pretty divisive when he first appeared and it's been interestin to see his fanbase evolve.

I never liked the idea of Creed actually being redeemed. Some villains should just stay that way.

One thing about Daken I haven't seen remarked on is that he was apparently trying to use his pheromone power to influence the others at the bar, either to intimidate them or get then to stop wit the plan, which just goes farther to imply that he really doesn't want to be doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post

Marvel just drowned all of Daken's character development down the drain. Continuity is lost with Marvel these days, smh.

[[Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

[[Seriously. Daken got over his Daddy Issues in The Logan Legacy and Wolverines.

Yea and All New Wolverine even presented that the reason Daken’s healing factor wasn’t working was due to a psychological issue of his guilt at having not been there to prevent Logan’s death. Him obsessing over killing Logan isn’t the person he’s been for years. Honestly, I was using this as a bit of a gauge for Tomaki since she’s taking over Laura next and this leaves me a bit worried for that book.
    Agreed.

I found it boring. Though it had similar elements, it was not a good as either Laura's ANW last arc about her trigger scent where a town it killed and Laura's ANW last arc guest starring Daken about her aunt coming back as a clone. Nothing stands out with the art and also the Adamantium Agenda is the more entertaining of the HFW crossovers so far. It's may be my bad for missing the potential intrigue after dropping the Weapon X title, though.

http://community.comicbookresources....ller-2-Preview