Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Characters you hate. Dc edition.

I asked this question on the marvel board and it started a pretty good conversation so I thought I would ask about dc characters

For me it is without a doubt snapper Carr. I am reading old justice league comics and I just can't stand seeing him. I don't know if they put him in for comic relief because he brings none of that to the Story. I just don't see the point in having him in there. He just slows down the stories and frustrates me.

So who do you all hate to see?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

As i said in that thread, i don't hate characthers, i just dislike then.

Jimmy Olsen: Nothing agaisnt him and he has an important place in the Superman mythos, but i had never been able to get into him.

Firestorm: Same deal, important to the story of the JLA but i can't get into him, in spite of his interesting concept.

Tarantula: I'm not fond of rapist, specially when it isn't treated as that.

Duke Thomas and Harper Row: Never find any of the two particurlary interesting.

Amazing Member

Superman. I'm so perfect, I'm so not a mere human, I'm so godlike (understatement), I'm even more American than you, even though I'm an alien, cuz I'm an aw-shucks Kansas boy. I'm the outsider who's so much better than you mere white-bread-and-mayo-eating rubes. Never understood why any creator with sense would let a character get that overpowered.

Edit: Man of Steel movie was pretty great: "I'm an alienated angsty superman, cuz, like, I'm really good-looking and super-fit without working out, and I have none of the limitations of being a human being, and nothing can hurt me, and I could crush your puny planet like an egg, and stuff." Emo, dude.
    Last edited by JQP; 05-16-2018 at 01:49 PM.

BANNED

Deathstroke, Kara Zor-El, Barbara Gordon as Batgirl (Oracle however is one of the best super heroes ever), Miss Martian, Superboy Prime, Joker and Lobo all come to mind, to varying degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post

For me it is without a doubt snapper Carr. I am reading old justice league comics and I just can't stand seeing him. I don't know if they put him in for comic relief because he brings none of that to the Story. I just don't see the point in having him in there. He just slows down the stories and frustrates me.
    Highly recommend reading Young Justice and Hourman. Along with being spectacular books, the Post-Crisis version of Snapper is a major character towards the end of the former and a main character in the latter and unlike his Silver Age counterpart, he's a great character.

Geoff Johns Superboy Prime, i forgot about him.

Freaking Harley Quinn and the Joker for the same reasons I hate Deadpool! Over marketed, overrated, and over saturated.

Oh and Plastic Man, probably one of the most irritating characters ever created.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 05-16-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally West 1 and Matrix/Linda Danvers. Wally West 1 because I think he is written to be an unlikable ******* and Matrix/Linder Danvers because of her stupid origin.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Harley Quinn and the Joker for the same reason of some here. Overused, over marketed etc...

I'll say Cheshire, though I don't hate the character in herself. I hate what they doing with her and Roy , let him be something without her everywhere (especially if Lian is back one day). If they do that I won't "hate" her anymore.

Terry fucking Long. Happy he don't exist anymore and hope he will never appear again.

I think that's it.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Wally West ll
    Lobo
    Killer Frost (Caitlin)

THE. NEW. GODS.

Darkseid is okay as a big bad, but the rest of 'em just take up page space. Every time they show up, I feel like I was SUPPOSED to react like "oh yay it's the super important God people again". But instead my reaction is "oh...THEM. AGAIN". Meh. Different strokes I guess. Never did anything for me. Overused as far as I'm concerned.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    THE. NEW. GODS.

Darkseid is okay as a big bad, but the rest of 'em just take up page space. Every time they show up, I feel like I was SUPPOSED to react like "oh yay it's the super important God people again". But instead my reaction is "oh...THEM. AGAIN". Meh. Different strokes I guess. Never did anything for me. Overused as far as I'm concerned.
    I sorta agree, but mostly on the...Hell, what's the name of the not-Apokolips half again? I like Darkseid, Apokolips, Granny Goodness, etc. I also like Scott Free, Big Barda, and Orion. The rest never grabbed me.

Ultimate Member

Ambush Bug. Lobo. Superboy Prime.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but those three are near the top of the list (with Superboy Prime taking first place).

There are *lots* of characters I don't love, or even like very much, but those three seem to actively ruin any storyline they show up in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JQP View Post
    I sorta agree, but mostly on the...Hell, what's the name of the not-Apokolips half again?
    New Genesis

Astonishing Member

I don't know if there's any I hate per se. Though I might dislike them at certain periods of time.

Like the Turner era Kara Zor-El? Holy crap she was awful.

Martian Manhunter during his JL Taskforce time? Big time.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Snapper from the Silver Age is indeed pretty awful. It's painful reading his dialogue. I've no doubt some modern writers have fleshed him out considerably, but on the other hand Rucka inexplicably having him and Cheetah sleep together (one of the few bizarre shipping pairings he's put her in, Etta being the latest and by far the least awful) soured me on the character, so I will probably never give him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Terry fucking Long. Happy he don't exist anymore and hope he will never appear again.
    IDK, I have mixed feelings on Terry. The whole situation (including/especially that he's a thinly veiled self-insert on Wolfman's part) is bizarre, but he's such a loser that it kind of swings around to being hilarious. I kind of miss not having him around because now there is nothing to laugh at in the Titans. He also played a part in two great issues of NTT, Who is Donna Troy? and the wedding; small roles, and obviously not the highlights of those issues, but important and I can't say he was unlikable in either one.

Danny Chase, on the other hand, is the true blight upon the Titans franchise.