Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    *Thunderous Applause.*

My thoughts exactly. I really hate that "He's great because he's human" argument.

Right! He's so human he can master every martial art in the world, educate himself to the point where he's a master of all branches of science AND engineering, operate at peak efficiency on only a few hours of sleep per day, and somehow bounce back instantly from routine beatings, stabbings, gunshot wounds, and even regular bouts of outright torture from his villains.

He's so human he can fight and beat gods and creatures who literally can move faster than he can think with contemptuous ease.

He is exactly what Superman was back during the Silver Age, and people eventually got real sick of that.
    All of that might make sense, if Batman was taken in isolation, but he's not in isolation. He shares a universe with Kal-El, the literal god who can reduce our planet to a debris field in about five seconds, fly faster than light, travel through time, travel in a vacuum without aid, see through walls, fly, shrug off nukes, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

Tim Drake, well Tim after the New 52. He is the worst, he monopolized the majority of Detective Comics, all the while having the personality of soggy lettuce. Smarter than Batman, he can hack or create any technology, he is arrogant and judgemental. Just the absolute worst, it's a shame to see how far a once great character has fallen.

Nu-Donna Troy. She is Donna in name only.

Harper Row. This is a bit unfair but Robin didn't get a lot of fanfare for his 75th anniversary. What he got was Batman and Robin Eternal and somehow it became all about Harper. Even Bruce said something like her being the ideal candidate for Robin. It's petty but I despise her now

Raven. Loved her in the NTT but I hate the deaged version.

There's more but that's all I can think of.

Dick Grayson
    Hal Jordan
    Dubilex
    The Newsboy Legion
    The Guardian
    (Anyone else Cadmus-related who I might have forgotten)
    Superboy (the clone one)
    Maxima

Spectacular Member

Don't mind Bizarro, but can't abide Mr. M. - even leaving aside the fact it's hard to mix sci-fi and magical stuff. Same with Mordru. (Don't think White Witch works well in LOSH, but like the character - in her own series, could perhaps have been DC's answer to Dr. Strange and Harry Potter??). And Feminist - er - Future Quest -- while there is NO WAY I want the new Impossibles member in the team, I don't mind the character herself, but cannot abide that horrible over-used harpy Deva!!! Replacing the original Big D with her adds insult to injury!!!!!

BANNED

All human GLs save Jessica. I love the mythos but the protagonists are incredibly uninteresting.

Duke Thomas, stupid and pointless character.

Harper Row, see above

Astonishing Member

Oh yeah Amanda Waller and Spy Smasher II aka Katarina Armstrong. Probably the closest thing to hate I can have for fictional characters. They drive me away from books INSTANTLY.

Both are the types of government types who manage to make like hell for the HEROES while clearly being incapable of doing anything positive and hindering the heroes. I honestly consider both straight on villains. Like if you're going to tout the Suicide Squad as being useful they better ACTUALLY be able to deal with threats the Justice League can or close to it. If they can't? Get. OUT. OF THE. DAMN. WAY.

I remember there was a Secret Six arc featuring both and I checked out because of it. I could barely stand ONE of them in a story. Putting both just made me want to never touch the book again. And thinking about it, I don't think I ever did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ultrarider7 View Post
    Batman. He is what people wrongly accuse Superman of which is being a boring overpowered god, yes the BatGod. He is perfect, even when he is wrong he is right, even when he is acting like a horrible person he is right and is just misunderstood cuzzz his parents r deadddd. Everyone kisses the bat's ass no matter what he does, everyone are made to look and act like idiots cause of him. But why I wonder? Oh yeah, he is Batman, he can defeat Galactus, the Anti Monitor, Darkseid, Thanos (with IG included!) and The Spectre combined because he is named after a bat and apparently can prep his ass out of that one. "How dare Hal Jordan punch him?!!! It doesn't make sense, he is Batman!" Wasn't he human and able to make mistakes? Nope, he has to look better than anyone else otherwise the fanboys will eat your batass and oddly enough some only like him because he is human (which means relatable right?) and at the same time want the entire DC universe bow to him.

You know what? I despise every Batman character with the exception of Dick Grayson, Alfred and maybe Cassandra Cain, the rest can go to hell for all I care. They hold the entire DC universe back, you have such a rich amount of characters that are money, can be money but yet you keep pushing the Bat characters again and again and again, it's smart of course but even the general audience will one day realize that DC only has the Batman mythos that make it relevant and that is wrong.
    You perfectly explained my biggest problem/concern with DC. This whole thing with the blatant favoritism of Batman bugs me so much that I swore off anything Bat-centric for the last 4 years, because I don't want the feed the "Batman sells" mentality that's holding DC back.
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 05-17-2018 at 06:16 AM.

I guess I could add Prometheus, Joker and Tarantula.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Oh yeah Amanda Waller and Spy Smasher II aka Katarina Armstrong. Probably the closest thing to hate I can have for fictional characters. They drive me away from books INSTANTLY.

Both are the types of government types who manage to make like hell for the HEROES while clearly being incapable of doing anything positive and hindering the heroes. I honestly consider both straight on villains. Like if you're going to tout the Suicide Squad as being useful they better ACTUALLY be able to deal with threats the Justice League can or close to it. If they can't? Get. OUT. OF THE. DAMN. WAY.

I remember there was a Secret Six arc featuring both and I checked out because of it. I could barely stand ONE of them in a story. Putting both just made me want to never touch the book again. And thinking about it, I don't think I ever did.
    The Squad is really only incompetent in other books. When it's their story they're as effective as any team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

With Waller, from what I understand, not counting adaptations, no one has really gotten her character right since Ostrander.

With Katarina, hating her is the point. She's a 'hate sink' character.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    With Waller, from what I understand, not counting adaptations, no one has really gotten her character right since Ostrander.

With Katarina, hating her is the point. She's a 'hate sink' character.
    I liked what Rucka did with her in Checkmate but that's about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Almost, you say. Which of them did you like or can you tolerate?
    Carrie Kelly from TDKR, i can tolerate. I dont like Batman with a sidekick, maybe that makes me hate the Robins. (Hate is an awful word, so its not hate its more dislike)

It's not like I hate him, but everytime I see Damian it's just: "... UGHHHHHH"

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Hate is a strong word, but I wish Duke and Wally 2 didn't really exist.

Mighty Member

Characters i hate in general or most of the time:

• Harley Quinn
    • Jason(WW's brother)
    • Guy Gardner
    • Amanda Waller
    • Damian Wayne.

Characters i sometimes hate:

• Hal Jordan(Pretty unsympathetic sometimes)
    • Batman(Overexposed and Bat-God is just annoying)
    • Supes(Sometimes overexpose and sometimes Bat-God light with him being the best)
    • Deathstroke(another Bat-God light)
    • Superboy Prime
    Last edited by Rightoya; 05-17-2018 at 12:50 PM.

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

I strongly hate any character created purposefully to replace my favorite characters.
    Last edited by dr-brainwave; 05-17-2018 at 01:29 PM.