Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    IDK, I have mixed feelings on Terry. The whole situation (including/especially that he's a thinly veiled self-insert on Wolfman's part) is bizarre, but he's such a loser that it kind of swings around to being hilarious. I kind of miss not having him around because now there is nothing to laugh at in the Titans. He also played a part in two great issues of NTT, Who is Donna Troy? and the wedding; small roles, and obviously not the highlights of those issues, but important and I can't say he was unlikable in either one.

Danny Chase, on the other hand, is the true blight upon the Titans franchise.
    OMG, totally forgot about Danny Chase. While I love just about everything Titans down to Gnaark, Danny Chase is hopefully gone forever, never to darken the Titans Tower doorstep ever again.

(And fully onboard for Terry Long staying dead in every reality).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Danny Chase, on the other hand, is the true blight upon the Titans franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    OMG, totally forgot about Danny Chase. While I love just about everything Titans down to Gnaark, Danny Chase is hopefully gone forever, never to darken the Titans Tower doorstep ever again.
    I will forever defend the little s**t.

Oh and I don’t know how I forgot about Damien Wayne. I hate that character with a burning passion!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Amazing Member

Lois Lane, and by extension, Jon Kent.

Mighty Member

Tarantula. DC why?!

I wouldn't say I hate any character, there's just some I'm terribly uninterested in such as Harley, Nu-Wally or Lobo among others. I thought about adding Baz too, but I think I'm okay with him now, he's certainly more preferable to me than the aforementioned.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I don't really hate any characters, but just like some more than others.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I highly disike Green Arrow definitely. He's loud, obnoxious, judgemental, self righteous and hypocritical. What a douche.

Others I don't exactly hate but find extremely annoying.

Harley Quinn. Damien Wayne. Jon Kent. Fake Wally. Harper Row. Simon Baz.

Mighty Member

Wally West: I don't see the appeal and I never will. I see nothing to like, to be very honest.

Damian Wayne: He's Batman Junior without any depth at all.

Wonder Woman: Okay I don't hate her. But her and her world is so damn boring. Cheetah is the only thing good from her mythos imo.

Tim Drake: He's a lot like fried chicken that is unseasoned. Bland with no kick to it whatsoever.

Stephanie and Babs: See above.
    Last edited by Raijin; 05-16-2018 at 05:42 PM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Lois Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by thanatoskun View Post
    Lois Lane, and by extension, Jon Kent.
    I found a comrade.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I will forever defend the little s**t.
    Same here. Love Danny so much.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I don't hate any character but I will actively avoid anything related to Harley Quinn. She is too much like Deadpool, a character that I disdain. I don't like Doomsday, either.

I never in a million years thought I'd ever read a comic book about Marvel's Vision, but Tom King penned a fantastic one. That recent Martian Manhunter book by Rob Williams made the Manhunter kinda tolerable. Anything is possible.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-16-2018 at 09:23 PM.

I think Danny Chase was the Titans' 'Cousin Oliver', and the harbinger of the end coming for the megahit series...

As for characters I dislike...

Harley Quinn, Lobo, modern/main universe Batman, Damian, New52 Superman, the modern Green Lanterns, the Red Lanterns, all the other modern Lanterns, Doomsday, modern Deathstroke, modern Joker, Sinestro, Stargirl.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I only hate characters when they start to be overexposed, and even then, it's less hate towards the character and more "uuuuuuugghh this again" towards the frequency. Especially when they're preventing other characters to be utilized. The examples are Batman, Joker, and Harley, at different times.

Joker in the Arkham games in place of Two-Face for example, and in the Telltale game in place of Robin. I'm not interested in Joker as Robin, Telltale! It may be a fun idea, if this isn't the 100000th time I've seen him!

The best part of this is, all the Joker stories I've seen, I enjoy all of them. He's a good character, and writers obviously enjoy him too, but my gosh, you don't have to use him so often!

Batman on top of his frequency, also passively prevent Nightwing to shine on his own, because they always have to connect them. Harley can be free of The Joker because she now has her own purpose and role that's completely cut off from him so they don't overshadow each other, but they can't change Nightwing less they incur fans wrath and so doom him to forever be under Batman despite his popularity.

Then there's the whole solving everything because "I'm Batman". It's funny the first time but not when you keep doing it.

Same with Joker, individually the Batman stories tend to be good, but the character can be insufferable towards his family, and even more insufferable are the writers and fans who agree with that unlikeable portrayal.

Harley's just annoying. I don't like Deadpool type of character. She has value as a symbol of survivor abuse but that doesn't mean I automatically enjoy her stories.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-16-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Batman. He is what people wrongly accuse Superman of which is being a boring overpowered god, yes the BatGod. He is perfect, even when he is wrong he is right, even when he is acting like a horrible person he is right and is just misunderstood cuzzz his parents r deadddd. Everyone kisses the bat's ass no matter what he does, everyone are made to look and act like idiots cause of him. But why I wonder? Oh yeah, he is Batman, he can defeat Galactus, the Anti Monitor, Darkseid, Thanos (with IG included!) and The Spectre combined because he is named after a bat and apparently can prep his ass out of that one. "How dare Hal Jordan punch him?!!! It doesn't make sense, he is Batman!" Wasn't he human and able to make mistakes? Nope, he has to look better than anyone else otherwise the fanboys will eat your batass and oddly enough some only like him because he is human (which means relatable right?) and at the same time want the entire DC universe bow to him.

It's a shame really, Batman=Money I know but if only some writers could stop with that annoying habit of making Bruce and only Bruce look like a winner. I like BvS, SS and even Justice League but part of me is glad those films failed, WB just probably thought that "Meh we put Batman in there and we have $$$ guaranteed, who cares about the rest? He is Batman!" but relying on Batman was a bad choice, nice to see they are trying with new properties on the big screen FINALLY, it may not be the first time (Jonah Hex everyone?) but I hope, I really really hope they can get it right this time.

You know what? I despise every Batman character with the exception of Dick Grayson, Alfred and maybe Cassandra Cain, the rest can go to hell for all I care. They hold the entire DC universe back, you have such a rich amount of characters that are money, can be money but yet you keep pushing the Bat characters again and again and again, it's smart of course but even the general audience will one day realize that DC only has the Batman mythos that make it relevant and that is wrong.