Rebirth BB
    Who do you mean?

Billy Batson?
    Beast Boy?
    BumbleBee?
    Big Barda?
    Blue Beetle?
    Batman Beyond?
    ...or it's got to be the new B'wana Beast, yeah he sucks.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-01-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Sick of over saturation of 4th World/New Gods. Also sick of over saturation of Talia and to a lesser extent Ra's. I never need to see League of Assassins or League of Shadows again. And way past sick of Harley Quinn.

The characters that bug me the most are the 'comic relief' characters. Ambush Bug was like nails on a chalkboard for me after a spell as have characters like G'nort, classic Guy Gardner, and so much of bwah ha ha JLI. I just re-read that whole series and it really gets irritating after the first year or so. It's funny to me how so many DC fans love the comic relief characters but so disdain the forced humor in Marvel movies. It's the same thing, just in different media.

I'll remember a lot more when I next vote in one of the best character polls. About 1/3 of my votes are against a character instead of for the other one.

When a character is in a DC superhero book to be funny they almost always drive me up a wall. The comedy isn't good enough to justify the forced leavening of what are otherwise serious stories.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Damian Wayne. He has always been such an annoying one note character. That and the fact that when Morrison created him he basically ruined Tim Drake who was probably the best member of the Batfamily outside of the Bat himself. Ever since Damian came along the writers have just been stuggling to find some purpose for Tim and failing on every level until at this point Tim is pretty much ruined as a character.

Also Harley Quinn. Just stop with all the moronic Harley stories already.

Jon Kent Superboy and Superboy Prime.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Monitors in Coutdown were insufferable.

Superboy - Jon Kent

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Damian Wayne. He has always been such an annoying one note character. That and the fact that when Morrison created him he basically ruined Tim Drake who was probably the best member of the Batfamily outside of the Bat himself. Ever since Damian came along the writers have just been stuggling to find some purpose for Tim and failing on every level until at this point Tim is pretty much ruined as a character.

Also Harley Quinn. Just stop with all the moronic Harley stories already.
    Tim Drake fell off before Damien was introduced. When they killed off his father and turned him into Red Robin (a.k.a Nightwing rip-off) that was it for me. A lot of the teen heroes from the 90s really got fucked over after Dan Didio became the top editor or whatever his role was called. It was like any sort of personality or character got sucked out of them and all that was left was cardboard. Damn shame really.

Damien should've stayed dead. I haven't read enough stories with him to really get a fell of his character but from what I read he came off like a combination of Jason and Tim but he's not interesting enough to like and not crappy enough to hate.

I haven't hated a character since Johns wrote Superboy Prime. That guy was super annoying and overpowered. I didn't even want him to lose or nothing I just wanted him to get out of the story. He had X-Pac heat with me. The weird thing is he was alright from the few pre-Crisis stories I read with him in it and okay in the original Crisis and then he comes back as this send up of fans who hate change but that's Geoff Johns's whole deal so to me it didn't make sense. It didn't help that every other panel he was mowing through teenagers like Jason. It looked so stupid that I couldn't stop laughing when I read Infinite Crisis.

Wonder Woman has potential in her world and I like some of her villains like Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison, Devastation, Circe, Ares, and The Blue Snowman. Cheetah on the other hand I have never been able to take seriously. Why should Diana have trouble with a catwoman? Every time she fights her it looks stupid. Maybe it's due to her being on the Superfriends.

Never liked Barry Allen. I tried with various writers but just couldn't get into him and the way every other Flash or speedster got thrown under the bus to push him again got on my nerves. Some said that Hal Jordan had no personality but he had one in the Silver Age. It's just that he was kind of a jerk at times and narcissistic. Allen on the other hand was just there. Like, you could remove Barry from the panel and the story wouldn't change at all. Kinda like those Garfield comics with no Garfield. Maybe there are good stories with Barry Allen and I haven't read them yet but from what I've read I don't get it. I do not understand why he had to be brought back to life. It would be like bringing back Jonathan Joestar to Jojo and having him replace Josuke out of the blue.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yeah, I also hate Jon Kent/Superboy.

It's a tough act to create ongoing stories in continuity about Superman as a father, but it can be done. This is 100% the worst way to do it. The kid is generic. Maybe someone can come along and make something out of him...but I just don't see it happening.

Damien Wayne
    Stephanie Brown
    Tim Drake
    Lucas Fox
    Duke Thomas
    Harper Row

Huh... Come to think of it I really hate most of the Bat-Fam

Oh and Kyle Rayner

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't think I hate any Bat-Family member, and can see the appeal of most of them, but...I just can't get into most of them. I like a tighter Bat-Family: Bruce, Alfred, Dick, Barbara and Damian, with Jason and Kate off doing their own things (the latter especially being very far removed from the core group). Sometimes less is more, and the rest of them don't do anything for me. Especially Tim.

It's important for Bruce to have an extended family he builds for himself. How big the damn thing should be is a source of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yeah, I also hate Jon Kent/Superboy.

It's a tough act to create ongoing stories in continuity about Superman as a father, but it can be done. This is 100% the worst way to do it. The kid is generic. Maybe someone can come along and make something out of him...but I just don't see it happening.
    The Tomasi-written Mary Sue version seems to be popular so yeah, I doubt much is going to change although it would be nice if he were written better. Although, hopefully still being in the hands of Tomasi means that Bendis won't have to worry about him much in Superman's books. Him being off in that just announced Super Sons maxi series that I can safely ignore is best case scenario for me moving forward until someone at some point actually makes him a three-dimensional character worth reading. Until then the less of him in Action/Superman the better.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-17-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Two things in regards to the Super Sons:

Damian: Why does no one on this forum except for his super fans and a few others spell his name correctly?

Jon: He's a character one might say I dislike. However, there are two very easy things DC could do to make me like him. First, give him some of Lois' traits too. Frankly he'd probably be more interesting if he'd been more like Lois from the start, but regardless. Second, make up for the indignities done to Clark's first son, Chris Kent, bring him back into the family and have the two be brothers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultrarider7 View Post
    It's a shame really, Batman=Money I know but if only some writers could stop with that annoying habit of making Bruce and only Bruce look like a winner. I like BvS, SS and even Justice League but part of me is glad those films failed, WB just probably thought that "Meh we put Batman in there and we have $$$ guaranteed, who cares about the rest? He is Batman!" but relying on Batman was a bad choice, nice to see they are trying with new properties on the big screen FINALLY, it may not be the first time (Jonah Hex everyone?) but I hope, I really really hope they can get it right this time.
    Batman does not equal money all the time. I see WAY too many Batman books pack bins to the point I don't have to buy his book at full price. I can wait till the 25 cent bin and get a full run.
    And you are right the Bat God mode being done with him is bad for DC.

They hold the entire DC universe back, you have such a rich amount of characters that are money, can be money but yet you keep pushing the Bat characters again and again and again, it's smart of course but even the general audience will one day realize that DC only has the Batman mythos that make it relevant and that is wrong.
    I don't think they hold DC back but the fact it's easier to use them because SOMEONE (when allowed) will use them. And under his watch you saw more diverse leads get solo shots.
    Catwoman 100+
    Cassandra 70+
    Michael Lane 21
    Tim Drake 200
    Babs 90+
    Batwoman 60+
    Batwing 40+
    Harley 50+
    Nightwing 200+
    Birds of Prey 150+
    Red Hood 50+
    His line showed you that books starring women, LGBT, POC & teens can sell. Unless you are named Spider-Man-no ones has done it better.

Now the issue is all this came at the EXPENSE of others. Black Panther's success should have sent DC a message. You GOTTA invest and build up others.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Two things in regards to the Super Sons:

Damian: Why does no one on this forum except for his super fans and a few others spell his name correctly?
    The little jerk doesn’t deserve to have his name spelled correctly!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!