Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge - May 2, 2014

Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso recaps the big announcements from C2E2 -- including "The Death of Wolverine" -- and talks the new "Amazing Spider-Man"#1.

Full article here.

Those Storm sketches. Really looking forward to July!

Storm looks like my uncle in those sketches

I'm digging the Thunderbolts art

So they really did approach Mark Millar. Would've loved to see another Wolverine project by him and Steve McNiven.

BANNED

Soooooo, Paul Cornell is leaving Wolverine? Does that free him up for some Captain Britain awesomesauce? I'd settle for an Excalibur book.

Alternatively, give him a Doctor! Doctor Strange or Doctor Doom! They both need an ongoing ASAP.

I would also not be unhappy to see him writing a Namor book.

As much as marvel is desperate to hype wolverine's death I can't muster any enthusiasium. It's just so over done and so boring. The whole thing start to finish has already been done and done far better. I really wish Marvel would stop spoiling their own plot points. I'm shocked we don't already know who killed the watcher.

Still not quite sold yet on both Star-Lord and Rocket having their own solos in addition to Guardians of the Galaxy but will try to keep an open mind.

I liked having their respective stories all contained within one monthly series, that's very selfish of me I know. Details such as how Star-Lord made his return ultimately from the Cancerverse in addition to the plot thread from the Rocket Raccoon infinite comic regarding another of his species existing were plot points I had hoped Guardians of the Galaxy would address but them's the breaks.

I'm still interested to see Logan's death mini-series, if I can get it when it comes out. I know character deaths happen all the time, but I like the creative team and the story sounds like it will be good.

On another note, sorry to hear Cornell leave Wolverine after only 12 issues on this new series. Oh, well I hope whoever takes over will do well, heck maybe Soule will take over if he's not busy...oh wait.

Interesting insight on why Cornell isn't writing Wolverine's death. Really strange that he didn't want to kill Logan, but we were all so sure that was where he was taking it.

LOVE those Thunderbolts pages.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Storm looks like my uncle in those sketches
    Well your uncle is very beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Interesting insight on why Cornell isn't writing Wolverine's death. Really strange that he didn't want to kill Logan, but we were all so sure that was where he was taking it.

LOVE those Thunderbolts pages.
    Or more likely that was there professional courtesy answer for we didn't like his pitch and his current Wolverine isn't selling.

Love the Storm sketches. Super pumped for this series.

Oh boy, another year, another event, another major character death announced months in advance to build up hype to what will, in all likelihood, be a disappointing mediocre story the consequences of which will be overturned and undone in time for the character's next movie appearance.

There is no more surprise, no more tension, no more fun with these kind of events. I only hope enough readers will notice this and stop buying into them. Then maybe editorial can focus on solid, fun, tighter stories for characters within their respective series that don't get uprooted and dragged into a bunch of hyped up crap for half a year every year.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm still interested to see Logan's death mini-series, if I can get it when it comes out. I know character deaths happen all the time, but I like the creative team and the story sounds like it will be good.

On another note, sorry to hear Cornell leave Wolverine after only 12 issues on this new series. Oh, well I hope whoever takes over will do well, heck maybe Soule will take over if he's not busy...oh wait.
    Well you are one of the few most like myself thought he wrote Wolverine waaaaaaaaaay out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Or more likely that was there professional courtesy answer for we didn't like his pitch and his current Wolverine isn't selling.
    If you want to peel back the layers... most likely, yea.