Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Good point, what issue of cable did she appear in?
    Like her first appearance or in general? She was a big part of Cable & Deadpool.

FWIW recently in the comics, spoilers:
    Deadpool killed her in one of the last issues of Duggan's run.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Like her first appearance or in general? She was a big part of Cable & Deadpool.
    Her first appearance, my memory is hazy with Deadpool and Cable run. Also, haven't read Duggan's Deadpool since I have a backlog of comics but I kinda saw something like this coming honestly. Not much of a spoiler for me.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Cable #48 (1997)

I love Irene. One of my fav additions to Cable's supporting cast. She was a daily bugle reporter who was targeted by the Hellfire Club. She eventually became Cable's chronichler, telling his story and inciting a mass following of believers in the future.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

As previous posters said, I feel the same way, thematically it's all there.

Also how many of you guys catch the Madelyne Pryor easter egg? Actually, how many easter eggs did you guys find that are x-men related?
    I missed the Pryor one. What was the easter egg?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I missed the Pryor one. What was the easter egg?
    Its the scene were Deadpool is telling Domino the unfortunate news concerning the rest of the members, you see an Ice Cream Truck labeled Pryors Treats. Could of been a reference to Madelyne Pryor. It's spot on.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Mr. Sinister is looking more and more like Fox’s Thanos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Mr. Sinister is looking more and more like Fox’s Thanos.
    Agreed. You have him connected to the orphanage here, Weapon X in Apocalypse, and (presumably) Alkali-Transigen in Logan.

BANNED

Just thought of this:

So, right now you have two established X-Men film franchises in the main films, and Deadpool/X-Force. Both of which are ostensibly connected (assuming the appearance of the Dark Phoenix cast is meant to be canon and not just a gag). You also have a potential franchise in New Mutants, (likely connected to DP via Magik/Colossus) assuming it A gets released and B actually succeeds. Then there's X-23, as well as plans for Gambit, Multiple-Man, and Kitty Pryde. We don't know how long the sale will take to finalize, or even then, how long it will take Disney to begin actively developing any X-related properties. As I HIGHLY doubt they'll let the series fallow for the about 4 years MINIMUM (to allow the sale to complete, as well as their current MCU plans to unfold, since Feige has already said they won't begin looking at the X-Men until the current development plans have completed) it would take to get things rolling, it's likely Fox still has a couple years to play with. And they could potentially have the pieces in place to end in a position to facilitate the merger by straightening out their own universe.

Between Apocalypse and Deadpool, we now have hints that Sinister is lurking in the background, as MoS suggested being set up like Fox's answer to Thanos. And while he's not the universal-scale threat Thanos is, he frankly doesn't really NEED to be, either.

Anyway, so let's assume for a moment Fox decides to build to something.

Dark Phoenix will be the next building-block, followed by New Mutants. X-Force is likely going to be next. Any one of these can further establish Essex: Maybe it's Sinister's agents that corrupt the Phoenix in DP, rather than the Hellfire Club. And now that we know he's meddling with mutants in Deadpool 2, it could VERY easily be established that he's connected with the hospital in New Mutants. And of course he's an obvious choice for X-Force, further expanding on his connections to Weapon X. It's also been heavily speculated that Gambit would be a likely place to have him make his first appearance. But what could they be building up to?

X-Men: Messiah War. A full-blown crisis crossover that brings the entire X-franchise together, based upon the Messiah Trilogy:

Scott and Jean are having a baby, and someone has taken a disturbing interest in their offspring. Cable is equally interested in protecting the child at all costs, which leads to X-Force getting involved. Perhaps we even begin to see signs that the future presented in Logan is on the threshold of coming to pass, and when Beast discovers Scott and Jean's baby has already manifested a mutation of remarkable power IN THE WOMB it becomes evident that their child may change the future of the mutant race forever. Mutants the world over even begin to call the unborn child the Mutant Messiah.

And lurking in the shadows manipulating these events is Sinister, who wants the child for his own ends.

THIS is the story where Cable would finally reveal his true identity: Nathan Summers, the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey that is about to be born. The part focusing on the birth and infancy of baby Nathan would draw most heavily from Messiah Complex, with the infant Cable serving the same role as Hope. You could then have a part of the story involving X-Force sliding into Logan's alternate future in a storyline drawing from Messiah War, where they encounter X-23. Through a series of circumstances Laura ends up tagging along when they return to the present, synching her up with the rest of the franchise. The finale would be based on Second Coming, as the X-Men go to war against Sinister himself (Sinister acting as a stand-in for Bastion, only rather than WIPING OUT mutants, he seeks to use them for himself, for some unknown purpose). The story would end with Sinister's ultimate defeat, but also two revelations: Sinister's obsession with Cable is because he's seeking a weapon against another threat. The second, baby Nathan has been infected by the T-O virus. In order to save his life, Jean and Scott allow Cable to take him to the future, where it can be managed.

Post credits scene: A dark presence watches these events unfold. It's Selene, with her full goddess powers, who in this universe would fill the role of Apocalypse as Cable and Sinister's mortal enemy.

Yeah I suspected Irene Merryweather was a character from the comics as that name sounded way too comic book-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yeah I suspected Irene Merryweather was a character from the comics as that name sounded way too comic book-y.
    Not to mention it rolls nicely off the tongue.

Any more easter eggs or shout outs that you guys in liked the movie? Special mentions? Cameos?

Not to mention it rolls nicely off the tongue.

Any more easter eggs or shout outs that you guys in liked the movie? Special mentions? Cameos?
    I particularly loved Gerry Duggan Parkway. I was probably the only one in the theater that understood it and laughed but I didn't care.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Just thought of this:

So, right now you have two established X-Men film franchises in the main films, and Deadpool/X-Force. Both of which are ostensibly connected (assuming the appearance of the Dark Phoenix cast is meant to be canon and not just a gag). You also have a potential franchise in New Mutants, (likely connected to DP via Magik/Colossus) assuming it A gets released and B actually succeeds. Then there's X-23, as well as plans for Gambit, Multiple-Man, and Kitty Pryde. We don't know how long the sale will take to finalize, or even then, how long it will take Disney to begin actively developing any X-related properties. As I HIGHLY doubt they'll let the series fallow for the about 4 years MINIMUM (to allow the sale to complete, as well as their current MCU plans to unfold, since Feige has already said they won't begin looking at the X-Men until the current development plans have completed) it would take to get things rolling, it's likely Fox still has a couple years to play with. And they could potentially have the pieces in place to end in a position to facilitate the merger by straightening out their own universe.

Between Apocalypse and Deadpool, we now have hints that Sinister is lurking in the background, as MoS suggested being set up like Fox's answer to Thanos. And while he's not the universal-scale threat Thanos is, he frankly doesn't really NEED to be, either.

Anyway, so let's assume for a moment Fox decides to build to something.

Dark Phoenix will be the next building-block, followed by New Mutants. X-Force is likely going to be next. Any one of these can further establish Essex: Maybe it's Sinister's agents that corrupt the Phoenix in DP, rather than the Hellfire Club. And now that we know he's meddling with mutants in Deadpool 2, it could VERY easily be established that he's connected with the hospital in New Mutants. And of course he's an obvious choice for X-Force, further expanding on his connections to Weapon X. It's also been heavily speculated that Gambit would be a likely place to have him make his first appearance. But what could they be building up to?

X-Men: Messiah War. A full-blown crisis crossover that brings the entire X-franchise together, based upon the Messiah Trilogy:

Scott and Jean are having a baby, and someone has taken a disturbing interest in their offspring. Cable is equally interested in protecting the child at all costs, which leads to X-Force getting involved. Perhaps we even begin to see signs that the future presented in Logan is on the threshold of coming to pass, and when Beast discovers Scott and Jean's baby has already manifested a mutation of remarkable power IN THE WOMB it becomes evident that their child may change the future of the mutant race forever. Mutants the world over even begin to call the unborn child the Mutant Messiah.

And lurking in the shadows manipulating these events is Sinister, who wants the child for his own ends.

THIS is the story where Cable would finally reveal his true identity: Nathan Summers, the son of Cyclops and Jean Grey that is about to be born. The part focusing on the birth and infancy of baby Nathan would draw most heavily from Messiah Complex, with the infant Cable serving the same role as Hope. You could then have a part of the story involving X-Force sliding into Logan's alternate future in a storyline drawing from Messiah War, where they encounter X-23. Through a series of circumstances Laura ends up tagging along when they return to the present, synching her up with the rest of the franchise. The finale would be based on Second Coming, as the X-Men go to war against Sinister himself (Sinister acting as a stand-in for Bastion, only rather than WIPING OUT mutants, he seeks to use them for himself, for some unknown purpose). The story would end with Sinister's ultimate defeat, but also two revelations: Sinister's obsession with Cable is because he's seeking a weapon against another threat. The second, baby Nathan has been infected by the T-O virus. In order to save his life, Jean and Scott allow Cable to take him to the future, where it can be managed.

Post credits scene: A dark presence watches these events unfold. It's Selene, with her full goddess powers, who in this universe would fill the role of Apocalypse as Cable and Sinister's mortal enemy.
    I read a rumor that Jon Hamm was Mr. Sinister in the new mutants after credits scene. Perhaps he's the character being added in reshoots? I'm all for it.

I saw the movie during the Friday opening. I loved it! It met and exceeded my expectations. It was funny, violent, and vulgar, but it also had heart and sincerity like the first movie did. It never got too dark, but it never got too light either. I think it struck just the right balance. I won't say it was better than Infinity War, but it worked beautifully in its own right. It stayed true to its form and built on the foundation that the first movie created. While Infinity War might have been more dramatic, I came out of the theater feeling more satisfied with this movie. I also did a full, spoiler-filled review of it on my website. If anyone is interest, here's the link:

With this movie, I'm officially ready for X-Force. It'll be interesting to see how the Disney/Fox merger affects it, though. I guess time will tell.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The writers confirmed that the two rednecks discussing bowel movements were Alan Tudyk and Matt Damon!