Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Juggy WAS crawling out of the pool at the end. So he wasn't really STOPPED so much as slowed down enough for them to deal with Rusty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    SO MUCH FUN. Was hoping one of the post-credit scenes would have been Wade and/or Cable collecting Laura for X-Force, but they can use that for the movie itself.

And count me in the, "Wade probably saved the other X-Force members off-screen." And even if not, they did nothing to confirm he DIDN'T, so they could always bring them back later with that explanation.

I also loved the brief cameo by Xavier, Beast, Cyclops, etc. IIRC DP2 and Dark Phoenix would have been filming around the same time, so it probably wasn't too hard to grab them
    The sliding timeline thing is odd. Rictor and Shatterstar are born decades apart, thus preventing that ship from ever coming to fruition on the big screen, and it's hard to place this film in relation to others. And even if that becomes a reality, how/why would Cable be aware of Laura's existence, especially if they're from different timelines? Psylocke is an easier addition if this is set around the time of X-Men Apocalypse but then how/why would they know of her? And why is Colossus significantly older than all the other X-Men? So confused by this.

I would hope so b/c if not then that's just criminal. Wade signed their death warrants. Need I repeat that Lewis Tan & Bill Skarsgård are worthy of meaningful roles and they were wasted.

Still iffy about the cast for X-Men Apocalypse + Dark Phoenix and not entirely sure they're the right fit for the characters. So nervous for next years X-Films.

I loved it. Had a great time, and yeah I get the frustration if you’re a Shatterstar and co. Fan but considering how DP messes with the timeline after I think it’s safe to assume that ended up not happening.

Also Yukio was nothing like Surge personality-wise so I’m good with her not being Surge just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    That said, I wouldn't want X-23 or Psylocke involved if the tone remains the same. I don't think they'd gel with the quirky vibes Deadpool & Co. deliver.

Agreed. Seems to me that the core cast are prevalent whilst the supporting cast has little to do with the actual plot and are reliant on one or two moments of looking cool. It sucks that they're accessing such great characters and not executing them to their full potential. Hell, even Juggernaut could've been a little more badass- we didn't even get to see him rn or be 'unstoppable'. Seems pointless to bring in so many great characters only to do nothing with them (see Jubilee in X-Men Apocalypse for example). And I have to agree with the special effects, sometimes they're a little meh, and slowing down the sequence is bothersome and tired.

And despite loving Domino, she didn't really add much to the film other than being the last surviving member of X-Force and showing off her powers in slow-mo. She's more than that. Hell, do we even get the first names of any X-Force members? I don't think Cable was referred to as Nate or Nathan for the entirety of the film either.

I don't know why I always go into these FoX-Men films with such high expectations as each and every time I'm a lil disappointed.
    Yikes, I learned my lesson years ago. You're right about Juggs. Somehow they find a way to make him just a souless cgi brute. Also, still not seeing a depowered Collosus is very disturbing to me. It is very easy to forget he is an actual human being.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I loved it. Had a great time, and yeah I get the frustration if you’re a Shatterstar and co. Fan but considering how DP messes with the timeline after I think it’s safe to assume that ended up not happening.

Also, Yukio was nothing like Surge personality-wise so I’m good with her not being Surge just for the sake of it.
    Sigh. I think each and every time an X-film is released at least one character gets snubbed so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I'd like Shatterstar back for X-Force but I won't hold my breath.

And idk what they were thinking with Yukio. Is she supposed to be the same character from The Wolverine? Doubtful, but then why give her the same name? And why the electricity powers if she's not Surge? Why not use Bling, Karma or Mercury? Or if they're shooting for an original character (which Negasonic essentially is) then why not deviate from the name and powers of existing characters?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Yikes, I learned my lesson years ago. You're right about Juggs. Somehow they find a way to make him just a soulless CGI brute. Also, still not seeing a depowered Colossus is very disturbing to me. It is very easy to forget he is an actual human being.
    Well, I kinda know I'll be disappointed but I remain optimistic and then that optimism is crushed upon viewing said film. And Juggernaut was mostly great but I would've liked to see him run or show off just how unstoppable he is. And kinda surprised there was no connection between him and Black Tom like the comics too but I suppose that's not important here.

And I've come to assume that this Colossus can't power down? And am I right in thinking he has dents and scratches in places?

Sigh. I think each and every time an X-film is released at least one character gets snubbed so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I'd like Shatterstar back for X-Force but I won't hold my breath.

And idk what they were thinking with Yukio. Is she supposed to be the same character from The Wolverine? Doubtful, but then why give her the same name? And why the electricity powers if she's not Surge? Why not use Bling, Karma or Mercury? Or if they're shooting for an original character (which Negasonic essentially is) then why not deviate from the name and powers of existing characters?

Does it really matter? Yukio was barely in the movie. Her whole purpose was basically to be armcandy for Negasonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    SO MUCH FUN. Was hoping one of the post-credit scenes would have been Wade and/or Cable collecting Laura for X-Force, but they can use that for the movie itself.

And count me in the, "Wade probably saved the other X-Force members off-screen." And even if not, they did nothing to confirm he DIDN'T, so they could always bring them back later with that explanation.

I also loved the brief cameo by Xavier, Beast, Cyclops, etc. IIRC DP2 and Dark Phoenix would have been filming around the same time, so it probably wasn't too hard to grab them.

And I busted up laughing when they used "Don't Be What They Made You" from the Logan soundtrack over Wade's death. And was it just me, or was Cable scanning the timeline before he slid to save Wade? Makes me think he saw something in the future that warned him he needed to make sure he survived.
    No way. Really? How does it even work if Deadpool must be set in present day and those guys are years behind... no wait, don't answer that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Does it really matter? Yukio was barely in the movie. Her whole purpose was basically to be armcandy for Negasonic.
    It matters in terms of representation one would think and gives a little more weight to the inclusion of a girlfriend for Negasonic.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    No way. Really? How does it even work if Deadpool must be set in present day and those guys are years behind... no wait, don't answer that.
    I think it was more of a meta moment more than a tell for when Deadpool takes place. But who even knows what's going on with the timeline

Spectacular Member

Domino was awesome. They did a great job demonstrating her powers and how they worked. The X-Men cameo was hilarious. Wade breaking the cerebro helmet cord made me LOL. Cable's arm reminded me of the animated series, and there was definitely something talking to him when repairing his gun. Juggernaut references his brother being in a wheelchair, and he looked good. The home where Russell was tortured was named the Essex something or other, so perhaps Mr. Sinister will show up in X-Force? all the prisoners were freed. Maybe Brad Pitt will take a role in X-Force if Wade saved him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jlgarsh View Post
    Domino was awesome. They did a great job demonstrating her powers and how they worked. The X-Men cameo was hilarious. Wade breaking the cerebro helmet cord made me LOL. Cable's arm reminded me of the animated series, and there was definitely something talking to him when repairing his gun. Juggernaut references his brother being in a wheelchair, and he looked good. The home where Russell was tortured was named the Essex something or other, so perhaps Mr. Sinister will show up in X-Force? all the prisoners were freed. Maybe Brad Pitt will take a role in X-Force if Wade saved him.
    So the Dark Phoenix cast still looked the same in 2018. LOL

Can't wait to see it in 2 weeks.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    So the Dark Phoenix cast still looked the same in 2018. LOL

Can't wait to see it in 2 weeks.
    Yeah. Profesor X, Beast, Cyclops, and Quicksilver were in the room. Can't remember if any others. Juggernaut looks much closer to the comics, in terms of shape and size. Made me forget all about his last stand appearance. There are some hilarious references for us comics fans that I haven't included, because some things aren't meant to be spoiled, as well as alternate variations on scenes from the trailers. But I legitimately had tears from laughing a few times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jlgarsh View Post
    Yeah. Profesor X, Beast, Cyclops, and Quicksilver were in the room. Can't remember if any others. Juggernaut looks much closer to the comics, in terms of shape and size. Made me forget all about his last stand appearance. There are some hilarious references for us comics fans that I haven't included, because some things aren't meant to be spoiled, as well as alternate variations on scenes from the trailers. But I legitimately had tears from laughing a few times.
    How was Brad Pitt as Vanisher?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    There's no way to make any real sense of the timeline of the Fox X-universe. The cameos in DP2 were cute but there's no point in even trying to figure out how it could actually work out.

Well, I kinda know I'll be disappointed but I remain optimistic and then that optimism is crushed upon viewing said film. And Juggernaut was mostly great but I would've liked to see him run or show off just how unstoppable he is. And kinda surprised there was no connection between him and Black Tom like the comics too but I suppose that's not important here.

And I've come to assume that this Colossus can't power down? And am I right in thinking he has dents and scratches in places?
    Right, yea I getcha. The first thing I thought of when Juggs hit the scene was him building momentum and becoming more unstoppable, but oh well. Despite the bad cgi at least his overall design was signicantly closer to the comics.