Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    In this movie, Vanessa kind of was Lady Death in some ways.

No Deadpool love interest Rogue please.
    Hell, they gave her Siryn's role in the first film. lol

The woman who brings out the hero in him, and makes him a better person. Yeah...that was Siryn. Copycat was a mec who was every bit as lowdown as he was. Wade even mentions that.
    Jealousy-5.jpg
    Jealousy-6.jpg
    Siryn was the good girl who brought out Wade's better side, and gave him more motivation to be a hero.
    Copycat was the bad girl he had the dysfunctional love with.

Modern day Marvel did the exact same thing with Shiklah v. Rogue.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-22-2018 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Uh, yeah. That's what the characters in those movie keep trying to do. Erase/change the things that have already happened. First Terminator was time-loop, but since the second they keep changing the future. DoFP's whole plot was about changing the future, and they did. Infinity War part 2's whole plot most likely would be to change things.

So until X-Force or Deadpool 3 shows Vanessa alive and well, it's a gag. Why put that kind of thing in mid-credits?
    The writers gave multiple reasons why they did it. It’s not a gag. Vanessa will be back and likely become Copycat.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    The writers gave multiple reasons why they did it. It’s not a gag. Vanessa will be back and likely become Copycat.
    I love Vanessa in the films but I'm not sure how much she'll get in future films simply because I wonder if her resurrection wasn't a reshoot and possibly Studio mandate. The leaks about Deadpool 2's plot all came true so perhaps test audience didn't like her being "wasted" as it was put and it was decided to save her in at the end.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 05-22-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I love Vanessa in the films but I'm not sure how much she'll get in future films simply because I wonder if her resurrection wasn't a reshoot and possibly Studio mandate. The leaks about Deadpool 2's plot all came true so perhaps test audience didn't like her being "wasted" as it was put and it was decided to safe her in at the end.

Personally I think the reasons the writers gave in their interviews make sense, so I’m just going to take what they said at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    From the director himself,
    That’s a good question. I think [she’s not dead]. We see that he saved her. You can leave it to interpretation, and I think people have fun with it, but in my opinion, the whole point of going back in time was to save her so she’d be alive.

If it’s just having fun, and we’re just winking at ourselves…I think Wade stole Cable’s device and he’s going back and he’s going to go fix time. Yes, we brought her back. It was intentional. It was something I wanted from the beginning. It was my coda idea to steal the time travel device, and that got everyone really excited and started to generate a lot of ideas, especially Ryan who’s like, ‘I’ve got some things I want to fix!’
    "...I think..." "...leave it to interpretation..." "...I think..." "...have fun with it..." "...I think..." "...winking at ourselves..." "...I think..."

I'm absolutely taking it as a gag until we get some hard facts about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    My mother was disappointed Wolverine wasn't going to be in Infinity War she wanted to see him team up with everyone. Most of the general audience think if it says Marvel it's MCU.
    I assume you would want to explain to your mother why Wolverine is not there. Also there is hardly anyone that can mistake Logan for an MCU movie. James Mangold succeeded beyond expectation in keeping the separate distinctions from both movies, more so than Singer's DOFP or Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I also want more Vanisher. Loved him in that K/Y X-Force. Idk if that's how they'd use the character but they could borrow aspects from it at least.
    If it gives Brad more screen time. I liked him too in K/Y X-Force. good character in the messiah war saga.

Speaking of Messiah War, young Brad would have made a good Arc Angel for X-Force.
    Last edited by Tarantino; 05-22-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    From the director himself,

"...I think..." "...leave it to interpretation..." "...I think..." "...have fun with it..." "...I think..." "...winking at ourselves..." "...I think..."

I'm absolutely taking it as a gag until we get some hard facts about it.
    He even says his interpretation of it is that she’s alive in that copypasta.

Then there’s this:
    “Co-writer Paul Wernick did admit Vanessa had to die to break Wade’s spirit at the beginning of the film. But he also confessed that because there weren’t many females characters, and because Vanessa’s relationship with Wade was “the emotional core” of the movie, they had to find a way to bring her back to life.“ https://www.cbr.com/deadpool-2-origi...downer-ending/

So that’s what the writers intended, and that’s how the director interpreted it.. so, yeah. You can interpret how you want of course, but everything that’s been said doesn’t imply very strongly that it was a gag, especially what the writers have said about it.

Yeah I'm definitely leaning strongly towards it not being a gag. Maybe Wade bringing Vanessa back has some serious negative repercussions that lead to her becoming crazy bitch Copycat and smacking someone like Siryn. I'll never get over that scene in the comics, fwiw.

BANNED

Did not know Copycat/Vanessa had many fans? I have never liked the character much after she had a sexual realtionship with Cable while pretending to be Domino. the movie can phase her out and give more screen time to Domino and Negasonic. Zazie Beetz wants a romance with Cable in X-Force, the will be better than Deadpool/Vanessa.

Something crazy will have to happen for Cable to forget about his wife and Hope in the future to have a romance with Domino in X-Force. He's not that type of person.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

They could take the easy route & time-skip ahead a couple of years where he's dating her. If not that, it could be a romance he has to warm to. Where their arc builds up a relationship that they finally enter at the film's end. Domino has feels for him, and he has them for her. But he has to come to terms with his family before he could give Domino anything.

It'd be interesting to see Zazie & Brolin have an on-screen romance. But still up in the air on whether that's gonna be a thing or not. Given people already not wanting it because the age difference is icky.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-22-2018 at 10:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Something crazy will have to happen for Cable to forget about his wife and Hope in the future to have a romance with Domino in X-Force. He's not that type of person.
    Just write out his wife. Besides, that wife from the comics (Hope) was just a plot device. Domino is the girl for him.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Something crazy will have to happen for Cable to forget about his wife and Hope in the future to have a romance with Domino in X-Force.
    Maybe all of Wade's time tinkering rendered them out of existence?

Us real world folks would be so lucky with regards to Messiah Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Maybe all of Wade's time tinkering rendered them out of existence?

Us real world folks would be so lucky with regards to Messiah Hope.
    No doubt the post credits scenes are going to screw everything up. It's the Wade Wilson Way.

Not that Way, though

Incredible Member

Thoughts on the film would be loved it, better than the first, liked the Stan Lee "cameo', shot across the bow at Liefelds foot problem, Shatterstar straight up saying he's from Mojo World, The Juggernaut popping up, Deadpool trolling Cable with the Black Tom gag, Zazie, would've preferred if they did her up in the classic comic look, also adapt Cargill, Shard, Threnody or whoever else if that's too problematic. That said, loved her performance. Brolin I was concerned about, he kept the heart of Cable being a widower that I first saw when I started reading off and on with issue 25. Also hard as nails. Would've liked the aspect of Cable where he's particularly clever with strategy or hints ominously at what he's capable of, but Brolin got the job done and well.

Gags were non-stop and great, just saw it last night and can't remember half of them. Hoping for another X-Force, my lineup choice would be Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Penance, Moonstar, Omega Sentinel, Bishop and Colossus (for that Domino/ Colossus romance).