Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

I just saw the film. Wasnt a big fan of it. I thought it was stupid which was the point so they succeeded there. The first was better

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    That is sad. I do wonder if the DVD sales will be better, the same, or lower than the first deadpool.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

The "Days of Future Past Light" story was a bit weak. 98% of the characters were fan service which is a shame because I thought they were going to be more useful. If they had cut out 25% of the jokes, they could have established more characters, but people aren't going to go to a Deadpool movie to see character developement of Domino, etc. I did like Cable though. Everyone else was literally a thowaway character which was okay because it trolled fans (in a good way) thinking they would be more important based on the trailer. It was a good way to separate itself from other superhero movies where people make one hour videos analyzing a two minute trailer. I liked the irony of them taking out everyone so that the boy doesn't, but will most likely train him to do so anyway, but for them. It was a good comedy, and the best they could have done for a solo Deadpool movie sequel and a hundred times better than almost every Fox X-Men team movie. I give them credit for doing two good Deadpool movies in a row. Wolverine needed 3 movies to finally be decent.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    That is sad. I do wonder if the DVD sales will be better, the same, or lower than the first deadpool.
    It's not sad at all, the movie made basically the same money as the first one. True with a larger budget but it has headwinds of being sandwiched between IW and Solo.

Anyway, the person who shared that link is literally just searching for negative news on any FOX-made movie and they didn't even watch this so of course they don't have their own thoughts on it to share. Best to ignore trolls
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    It's not sad at all, the movie made basically the same money as the first one. True with a larger budget but it has headwinds of being sandwiched between IW and Solo.

Anyway, the person who shared that link is literally just searching for negative news on any FOX-made movie and they didn't even watch this so of course they don't have their own thoughts on it to share. Best to ignore trolls
    Ding, ding, ding. Lots of trolls around here these days, both pro MCU and anti.

BANNED

It is nothing right now compared to the negative coverage that Comcast is getting.

That been said, I think XForce should scale back on deadpool. you know , x force should even be a Cable movie.

It's not sad at all, the movie made basically the same money as the first one.
    Overseas it has made way more than the first one, being Fox's biggest success yet: http://deadline.com/2018/05/deadpool...ce-1202394880/

The first one benefited from releasing on Valentine's Day weekend and at the start of spring break. Deadpool 2 is already making up ground, overtaking the first one's Tuesday: http://deadline.com/2018/05/deadpool...0m-1202396516/

And with Solo bombing internationally and looking to underwhelm domestically too, Deadpool 2 has a good chance of continuing its streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Overseas it has made way more than the first one, being Fox's biggest success yet: http://deadline.com/2018/05/deadpool...ce-1202394880/

The first one benefited from releasing on Valentine's Day weekend and at the start of spring break. Deadpool 2 is already making up ground, overtaking the first one's Tuesday: http://deadline.com/2018/05/deadpool...0m-1202396516/

And with Solo bombing internationally and looking to underwhelm domestically too, Deadpool 2 has a good chance of continuing its streak.
    Yeah, I think Deadpool 2's biggest mistake is choosing a lousy release date. The first Deadpool dropped in February at a time when there was pretty much no competition. Football season was over, the summer blockbuster season hadn't begun, and there were no other movies on the scale of Black Panther to derail it. Add being a great movie on top of it and it succeeded to an unprecedented degree.

This year, it's sandwiched between Avengers Infinity War, a movie set to cross $2 billion, and Solo. Say what you will about Solo, but it's still Star Wars. That's going to movie tickets and that's going to draw attention away from Deadpool 2. Plus, Deadpool 2's R rating will limit it, like it did the first one. So I think it's likely now that Deadpool 2 will not surpass its predecessor at the box office. That's okay though. Age of Ultron didn't beat the first Avengers movie either, but that didn't stop the franchise from growing. I think an X-Force movie could potentially be much bigger.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    That been said, I think XForce should scale back on deadpool. you know , x force should even be a Cable movie.
    Now THIS I agree with 100%. Most of the complaints I’ve seen about Brolin’s Cable (aside from the folks hung up on his height) have to do with his backstory not being fleshed out enough and them not showing him using his powers (or using them clearly enough to discern that it was TK being used, in the case of him “pulling” his gun to him psychically on a couple of occasions). Which is of course consistent with his debut in the comics, where he didn’t display any mutant powers until a few issues in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Now THIS I agree with 100%. Most of the complaints I’ve seen about Brolin’s Cable (aside from the folks hung up on his height) have to do with his backstory not being fleshed out enough and them not showing him using his powers (or using them clearly enough to discern that it was TK being used, in the case of him “pulling” his gun to him psychically on a couple of occasions). Which is of course consistent with his debut in the comics, where he didn’t display any mutant powers until a few issues in.
    I'd heard rumblings somewhere that they'll be exploring the T-O virus (it's certainly hinted at with the way he checks out his robotic arm/shoulder in the mirror) in the next film (unfortunately I don't have a source link). The premise seems to be that he's using his powers to keep it in check as in the comics, thus why we're not getting any big displays of TP or TK in this one.

As long as Ryan Reynolds is shepherding this corner of the X-Universe, I doubt we'll have any "scaling back on Deadpool". But now that the introductions for the characters are done, X-Force can directly dive into the team dynamics and personality interactions on display.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd heard rumblings somewhere that they'll be exploring the T-O virus (it's certainly hinted at with the way he checks out his robotic arm/shoulder in the mirror) in the next film (unfortunately I don't have a source link). The premise seems to be that he's using his powers to keep it in check as in the comics, thus why we're not getting any big displays of TP or TK in this one.
    Exploring the T-O Virus in a Deadpool movie. Not one of the best ideas. I don't think satire comedy is the right place for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    As long as Ryan Reynolds is shepherding this corner of the X-Universe, I doubt we'll have any "scaling back on Deadpool". But now that the introductions for the characters are done, X-Force can directly dive into the team dynamics and personality interactions on display.
    Give Deadpool 3 its own solo movie

scale him back on xforce.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yeah, I think Deadpool 2's biggest mistake is choosing a lousy release date. The first Deadpool dropped in February at a time when there was pretty much no competition. Football season was over, the summer blockbuster season hadn't begun, and there were no other movies on the scale of Black Panther to derail it. Add being a great movie on top of it and it succeeded to an unprecedented degree.

This year, it's sandwiched between Avengers Infinity War, a movie set to cross $2 billion, and Solo. Say what you will about Solo, but it's still Star Wars. That's going to movie tickets and that's going to draw attention away from Deadpool 2. Plus, Deadpool 2's R rating will limit it, like it did the first one. So I think it's likely now that Deadpool 2 will not surpass its predecessor at the box office. That's okay though. Age of Ultron didn't beat the first Avengers movie either, but that didn't stop the franchise from growing. I think an X-Force movie could potentially be much bigger.
    August seemed like a better date for release as it seems to favor "off-beat/quirky" comic book movies like Suicide Squad and the first Guardians of the Galaxy. But I understand Fox not wanting Deadpool 2 to be the fourth Marvel superhero movie in less than six months time and arriving in late summer after most blockbusters.

Still, it's not going to take that big a hit. As I said, there's a chance it may still overtake the original (it's already outperforming it internationally).

And reports from overseas are confirming that Solo is INDEED underperforming in the markets it has already opened in. America has a deeper love for all things Star Wars so I don't think it will bomb as hard domestically, but the 4-day Memorial Day weekend estimates have been reduced from the 150M-170M range to a more humble 120M-130M.