Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Gruesome even more than the first one, there were more cringe scenes like the one where Wade break his spone, hit a rock with his head or his head is backwards

Amazing Member

I think it's so dumb that they didn't even give Yukio a codename. Literally everyone else has one, even the people they kill for a cheap joke. Also... WHY NOT JUST MAKE HER SURGE!? Sigh. Japanese actress + dyed hair + electric powers... it's not rocket science. Sigh.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    I think it's so dumb that they didn't even give Yukio a codename. Literally everyone else has one, even the people they kill for a cheap joke. Also... WHY NOT JUST MAKE HER SURGE!? Sigh. Japanese actress + dyed hair + electric powers... it's not rocket science. Sigh.
    Is this meant to be the same Yukio as in The Wolverine?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Is this meant to be the same Yukio as in The Wolverine?
    No! That's what makes it extra dumb haha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Really disappointed that Fox killed the team, so many great actors wasted for such a simple joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Did you miss the post-credits scene? We only saw Deadpool save Peter, but he very could've saved all of them.
    No, I didn't miss it, which only heightens the disappointment. Perfect opportunity to save 'em and it wasn't taken. I mean, Lewis Tan as Shatterstar and Bill Skarsgård as Zeitgeist? I dig that. And then they just have gimmicky deaths. I get that they're not the most popular characters, but I think for the brief moments we saw them, they were great- it's a waste of talent and a waste of time introducing them tbh. And as I said, I'm concerned about the X-Force leaning too heavily on the characters in DP + DP2 and not making use of Psylocke, X-23, Wolfsbane etc. I suppose there's a tonal difference, but this feels more like X-Statix or something rather than the deadly X-Force most of us are accustomed to.

I think that's a better tighter fit tbh though. I'm one of those who wanted X-Force to be more of the modern classic version by Remender and I felt the characters for this film were too "random/obscure" (besides Domino obviously)
    Makes sense for Cable, Deadpool + Domino, but I'm not feeling the rest of the team- Rusty, Negasonic, Colossus & Yukio don't gel with X-Force (not the version I know anyway). And Shatterstar at least isn't that random/obscure- he was w/ the 90's X-Force and is pretty recognizable for X-Fans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    No, I didn't miss it, which only heightens the disappointment. Perfect opportunity to save 'em and it wasn't taken. I mean, Lewis Tan as Shatterstar and Bill Skarsgård as Zeitgeist? I dig that. And then they just have gimmicky deaths. I get that they're not the most popular characters, but I think for the brief moments we saw them, they were great- it's a waste of talent and a waste of time introducing them tbh. And as I said, I'm concerned about the X-Force leaning too heavily on the characters in DP + DP2 and not making use of Psylocke, X-23, Wolfsbane etc. I suppose there's a tonal difference, but this feels more like X-Statix or something rather than the deadly X-Force most of us are accustomed to.

Makes sense for Cable, Deadpool + Domino, but I'm not feeling the rest of the team- Rusty, Negasonic, Colossus & Yukio don't gel with X-Force (not the version I know anyway). And Shatterstar at least isn't that random/obscure- he was w/ the 90's X-Force and is pretty recognizable for X-Fans
    Am curious, why didn't you feel negasonic as an x-force member?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Am curious, why didn't you feel negasonic as an x-force member?
    I think she had a much greater presence in the first film as opposed to this one, and didn't contribute much to DP2, but I also think she doesn't really fit the X-Force mold I know and love- that being a group of badass killer mutants.

Well her personality was not like Surge. Tbh I would've liked Bling! or Mercury
    In what way?

I've a feeling we'll see Colossus in an X-force movie. They seem hell bent on making the guy genuinely like/want to be around Wade (He did fight dirty and curse! Colossus is as mean as it gets now!) Their dynamic works better on screen than Cable and Deadpool imo.

I totally agree on the initial X-force characters being a waste by the by. It was a really funny gag, but if you had a soft spot for the characters? I understand feeling a certain way about how they were handled.

BANNED

The Black Tom Cassidy thing was weird too. Not sure how and why they chose to use that character and then make him a dreadlocked thug but whatever. And then we have a whole prison full of mutants and none of them are recognizable? What a waste. Surely they could've had Callisto or Stacy X or whomever just as another nod to mutants from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    I have a feeling we'll see Colossus in an X-force movie. They seem hell-bent on making the guy genuinely like/want to be around Wade (He did fight dirty and curse! Colossus is as mean as it gets now!) Their dynamic works better on screen than Cable and Deadpool imo.

I totally agree with the initial X-force characters being a waste by the by. It was a really funny gag, but if you had a soft spot for the characters? I understand feeling a certain way about how they were handled.
    Yeah, seems like the X-Force line-up has already been determined based on the characters left standing at the end of DP2. Colossus being the good-guy of the team is fun I guess, and his strength certainly is of use. And yeah, his bromance with Wade is kinda funny I guess.

I just don't see the point in bringing them in only to kill them off. I mean, can't say I care that much about Bedlam + Vanisher, but Shatterstar at the very least deserved better, and I'm disappointed they wasted Bill Skarsgård. This X-Force was short-lived and not that funny? Cheap laughs and a waste of screentime tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    In what way?
    Yukio was all sweetness, whereas Noriko has a little more edge and angst.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Oh I definitely agree X-Force should use X-23 and Psylocke for sure. That's what I meant actually, I want it to use them and not Zeitgeist/Bedlam/etc

Vanisher would be fine actually
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Funny movie, but as usual most Fox mutants are used as highlight reels/accessories to the main core few. Good references, and till this day their CGI is looks like slow moving jellatinous rubber.

Zazie's Domino was cool, but in a passable sort of way. She's cool by assosiation, like the Vision, War Machine or Falcon are in the Marvel movies. You forget about them when they aren't in a group and/or after you see the movie. A lot of her dry wit actually started to fail after a certain point, which surprised me.

Warhead was even more under us..well, I covered that up top.

I just saw a movie with Cable in it and It doesn't feel like it. Hm. lol I do agree we are one metal arm away from being glaringly noticeable.

Speaking of glaring I hope studios don't start getting out of hand with these trailer clips that end up being cut from the movie.

BANNED

SO MUCH FUN. Was hoping one of the post-credit scenes would have been Wade and/or Cable collecting Laura for X-Force, but they can use that for the movie itself.

And count me in the, "Wade probably saved the other X-Force members off-screen." And even if not, they did nothing to confirm he DIDN'T, so they could always bring them back later with that explanation.

I also loved the brief cameo by Xavier, Beast, Cyclops, etc. IIRC DP2 and Dark Phoenix would have been filming around the same time, so it probably wasn't too hard to grab them.

And I busted up laughing when they used "Don't Be What They Made You" from the Logan soundtrack over Wade's death. And was it just me, or was Cable scanning the timeline before he slid to save Wade? Makes me think he saw something in the future that warned him he needed to make sure he survived.

The Black Tom Cassidy thing was weird too. Not sure how and why they chose to use that character and then make him a dreadlocked thug but whatever. And then we have a whole prison full of mutants and none of them are recognizable? What a waste. Surely they could've had Callisto or Stacy X or whomever just as another nod to mutants from the comics.

Yeah, seems like the X-Force line-up has already been determined based on the characters left standing at the end of DP2. Colossus being the good-guy of the team is fun I guess, and his strength certainly is of use. And yeah, his bromance with Wade is kinda funny I guess.

I just don't see the point in bringing them in only to kill them off. I mean, can't say I care that much about Bedlam + Vanisher, but Shatterstar at the very least deserved better, and I'm disappointed they wasted Bill Skarsgård. This X-Force was short-lived and not that funny? Cheap laughs and a waste of screentime tbh.

Yukio was all sweetness, whereas Noriko has a little more edge and angst.

Now that disney marvel, recover the rights of FOX mutants, can Colossus appear in future FOX movies?

Because I'm sure not XD.

BANNED

Oh I definitely agree X-Force should use X-23 and Psylocke for sure. That's what I meant actually, I want it to use them and not Zeitgeist/Bedlam/etc

Vanisher would be fine actually
    That said, I wouldn't want X-23 or Psylocke involved if the tone remains the same. I don't think they'd gel with the quirky vibes Deadpool & Co. deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Funny movie, but as usual most Fox mutants are used as highlight reels/accessories to the main core few. Good references, and till this day their CGI looks like slow-moving gelatinous rubber.

Zazie's Domino was cool, but in a passable sort of way. She's cool by association, like the Vision, War Machine or Falcon are in the Marvel movies. You forget about them when they aren't in a group and/or after you see the movie. A lot of her dry wit actually started to fail after a certain point, which surprised me.
    Agreed. Seems to me that the core cast are prevalent whilst the supporting cast has little to do with the actual plot and are reliant on one or two moments of looking cool. It sucks that they're accessing such great characters and not executing them to their full potential. Hell, even Juggernaut could've been a little more badass- we didn't even get to see him rn or be 'unstoppable'. Seems pointless to bring in so many great characters only to do nothing with them (see Jubilee in X-Men Apocalypse for example). And I have to agree with the special effects, sometimes they're a little meh, and slowing down the sequence is bothersome and tired.

And despite loving Domino, she didn't really add much to the film other than being the last surviving member of X-Force and showing off her powers in slow-mo. She's more than that. Hell, do we even get the first names of any X-Force members? I don't think Cable was referred to as Nate or Nathan for the entirety of the film either.

I don't know why I always go into these FoX-Men films with such high expectations as each and every time I'm a lil disappointed.