Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

Poor Brad Pit. And poor Green Lantern.

Absolutely loved it. More than the first. It really did have heart. So many references and jokes that damn nearly ALL landed. The Liefeld joke about a the guy who created Shatterstar can draw feet. Gerry Duggan Highway. Ugh, I loved it.

The Colossus/Juggernaut & Cable + Deadpool vs pedophiles fight was so great. My favorite fight in a comic movie until that scene was the ending of Iron Man 2 with Tony and Rhodey. This takes it.

I do wish Wade's X-Force got some time to shine, but I'm not upset over their fate. I was able to avoid most of the rumors posted around here too. The credit scenes were fantastic. Couldn't have asked for more.

A+

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    And I find it bitter sweet because as much as I would love to see xforce be xforce, this franchise is ryan renyold's baby, he is the star.
    We’re allegedly going to get an X-Force movie at some point still, right? I feel like after DP2 there’s an even better chance of it actually happening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    We’re allegedly going to get an X-Force movie at some point still, right? I feel like after DP2 there’s an even better chance of it actually happening.
    AFAIK it’s already on the docket. At the very least we know development has started on the script even before DP2 was released.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Just came back from seeing it. Pretty damn good.

Pick up the phone because I fucking called it! I predicted that Professor X was going to make a cameo in this movie. Though I thought it would be Patrick Stewart and not Mcvoy. Close enough.

I saw it last night, and really wish I would have stayed away from spoilers. I enjoyed it a lot!

Comic book-ness wise - I enjoyed this DP2 vs DP.
    As a MOVIE - I thought DP was tighter.

Highlights: Domino, Colossus vs Juggernaut
    Disappointment: Brolin as Cable...not sure if it was the writing, but it felt very 2-Dimensional. Negasonic and Yukio had little to do.

I see a lot of people are upset with the X-force scene. This only bothered me, because I saw it coming based on spoilers, and since I knew it was coming, I felt that once the first one died (Bedlam) that the other ones seemed pretty slow. I actually had this problem with a lot of the scenes, I felt a lot of the comedic moments lasted too long. Like they kept riffing, and knocking me over the head with the jokes. Do not get me wrong, I laughed, A LOT. Almost every joke landed for me, I was the only in my theater laughing at Negasonic’s “You’re X-hausting” joke.

Action was great.

As far as credit scenes. Everyone hyped this up as the best one ever. I disagree. I was REALLY hoping he was going to time travel and snag up Psylocke (I know, I know, wishful thinking)
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Yeah like the "death" scene at the end. That bit kept going forrrrever!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    As far as credit scenes. Everyone hyped this up as the best one ever. I disagree. I was REALLY hoping he was going to time travel and snag up Psylocke (I know, I know, wishful thinking)
    Yeah, as I said, I'd hoped there would be one where they grabbed Laura from the future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    It's supposed to start shooting in October, though it's also been said they haven't started writing yet.

It's also been said they're waiting for Goddard to finish whatever he's currently working on, too, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Yeah like the "death" scene at the end. That bit kept going forrrrever!
    Exactly. I think a joke can be repeated 2-3 times before it’s diminishing returns. Speaking from experience as someone who has been in comedic theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yeah, as I said, I'd hoped there would be one where they grabbed Laura from the future.
    Exactly.

Also, I saw some people saying they didn’t like Domino’s personality. Or maybe that was a review I watched. I really really liked her ‘whatever’ attitude. I personally liked this version of Domino better than her comic book counterpart. **gasp**
    Last edited by PsionicHero; 05-18-2018 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Domino statement
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Who would you guys like to see in the X-Force movie as part of the team?

I would like Cable as the leader this time around with Deadpool and Domino obviously. Although I enjoy this version of Colossus I would prefer him to stay with the X-Men.

So I would add Psylocke, Archangel and maybe Fantomex to the roster.

The entire plot is basically a parody of previous X-films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Who would you guys like to see in the X-Force movie as part of the team?

I would like Cable as the leader this time around with Deadpool and Domino obviously. Although I enjoy this version of Colossus I would prefer him to stay with the X-Men.

So I would add Psylocke, Archangel and maybe Fantomex to the roster.
    Psylocke would be a good add. I think Olivia Munn was a good choice, and could have done a great job with a bit more to work with. Plus she's expressed an interest in playing her again. And of course Laura. The Meta jokes from Wade would write themselves, and it would simply be fun to watch Keen bounce off Reynolds.

Cable and Domino are obviously going to be in it, along with Wade. I could see Colossus as more of a liaison between X-Force and the X-Men themselves; I just can't imagine him being actively on the team.

I liked the MCU references.

“Black Black Widow”