Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guns

Default Guns

How many of you guys own or have even fired a gun? If you have, whats the most powerful or coolest weapon you have ever you have ever fired?

I have never used anything crazy, only hunting rifles and a couple of different shotguns. But I don't own any.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

BANNED

I find that the only cool guns (or weapons in general) are fictional ones.

Invincible Member

I do not own any guns. I have fired rifles and bb guns before in the past. It was never a regular thing though.

"Cool" is a pretty big tail chase.

While I have certainly seen ornate guns that I could appreciate as art, those aren't meant to be shot. Just let them be art.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The only time I held and fired a weapon was when I was in the Navy and was required to undergo firearms training when I was in boot camp and regular qualifications when I was stationed on ships. I’ve never owned a gun since I retired in 1996.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    How many of you guys own or have even fired a gun? If you have, whats the most powerful or coolest weapon you have ever you have ever fired?

I have never used anything crazy, only hunting rifles and a couple of different shotguns. But I don't own any.
    Shot a GLOK a few times. It was loud.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Yes, i had A LOT of hand guns when i was in my 20's. Guns like 1911's, Spring Armory XD's, Magnums, HK's. Started collecting rifles in my early 30's. Most of my rifles i gave away. The last gun i added to my collection was a 9MM S&W Shield, from what I have been told, they are not accepting any new orders. They are apparently backordered as it is, so if you want one and see one, go get it!. My thing now though, is katanas and other bladed weapons.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 06-02-2018 at 11:16 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Fired? Yes. 22s, 25s, 32s, 38s, and 9mm handguns.
    Own? Hell no.

Coolest weapon was probably a Super-Soaker. Real bullets and stuff are uncool.

And yup, I'm a Southern guy.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Fired? Yes. 22s, 25s,.
    Which reminds me, i have a decent collection of Derringers too.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Talked him to death, though. Guns are for people with no flow.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I've fired a .22 when I was a kid. Technically I still own it, as it was a gift from an uncle, but it's still in my parent's gun cabinet (and without any ammo I believe). Plus BB rifles and an extended barrel pellet handgun. I haven't shot anything since then.

I might retrieve the rifle since I no longer live in a rented place, but I would likely just put it in the closet and only pull it out to clean it.

If I still lived in an area with decent game (and near people who knew what to do with it) I'd probably consider hunting, and would own something else. 75% chance that would be a bow rather than a shotgun, and almost zero chance of an actual rifle. I've never needed one and any pursuits I have considered that require a weapon are better served with something else.

Now, I'd love to have the money to go to one of the firing ranges in nearby Las Vegas and fire something no private citizen should ever own, but I don't have that much to drop. That's something I'd only want to do in a controlled environment.

I have a LOT of family that has guns. A lot of them live on farms or go camping fairly often, and some hunt. I have fired a good number of them.

What they own are either handguns or bolt action rifles. I don't think any own AR-15s or the like though.

Also, many of them are military or former military of one branch or another.

During family reunions, out at my relatives' place in the countryside, the older generations teach/taught the younger how to properly and safely use the guns at their disposal. Often taking aim at empty pop and beer cans lined up about 20 yards away, with nothing but empty fields behind them.

Unlike some here, I am not 100% opposed to guns, but I do think there needs to be strict regulations and background checks on all gun purchases. Personally, guns are too loud for me (very sensitive ears), and I prefer bladed weapons anyway (two swords and a variety of knives).

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I fired all the standard Marine weapons when I was active duty. M16, M4, M240 golf, the saw, and I'm no sniper but I could easily ruin someone's plan for the holidays with a M40 bolt action.
    Now that I'm out, I keep a taurus judge .410 birdshot for home defense, as the figurative "under the pillow weapon".
    I keep a galil well maintenanced and I think it's important to have some weapon that takes 7.62 rounds since the world will never run out of what NATO uses.
    probably a little hypocritical of me because I still prefer 45 for concealed carry over a 9.
    Finally, don't get me wrong I like a bladed Weapon as well, but... Let's be honest no one ever really wins a knife fight
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Fantastic Member

I've shot three guns. A 232 (I think) AR, 9mm handgun and a 45 automatic handgun all together about 3 years ago for the first time ever. So I would have been about 36-37 years old. Don't own one and at the point don't see the need to. But thankfully this a democracy and not a fascist state so you know other people that want to own guns can even if I don't want to.

Fantastic Member

I let my pistol lapse some years ago so I don't own a gun. On a trip to Las Vegas we stopped at a gun range that knew how to market because they had a Call of Duty package of all the WW II guns. I opted to fire my all-time favorite gun the Thompson sub-machine gun. It was awesome and I loved it. I also fired the WWII German machine gun that was the staple of teh German infantry. Not the grease gun one but the bigger 50 cal although I think the range may have made it a smaller caliber. My oldest brother tried out the Browning Automatic rifle. And while there, someone did a mini-gun which was like 100 rounds in ten second or some crazy shit. It was super cool. And finally one was shooting the Barret sniper rifle. The recoil is designed not to hamper the shooter but man, I could feel the concussion of each shot from ten stalls away.