Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Batman Ninja: Has anyone seen it? What are your opinions?

What did you think of the movie?

What did you like and dislike?

Which villain was well used?

Which robin was better in the movie?

Amazing Member

I liked it, temper your expectations because it is not a traditional Batman movie. It goes full anime and gets kinda crazy in the third act, in an awesome way.

The two Robins who were good were Red Hood and Robin, by virtue of the fact that they actually do have, albeit small, roles in the film. Nightwing and Red Robin are just sort of there.

Also, Robin is very OOC in this movie. The only thing Damian keeps from his comic self are his love of animals and that he's Robin. Still has a pretty crazy role in the third act.

Fantastic Member

After reading this article, it is probably worth it to watch both the English and Japanese versions of the film.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wh.../1100-6458513/

Edit: In case no one reads the article the Japenese version of the film and the English version of the film have very different dialogue
    Last edited by reni344; 04-25-2018 at 10:26 PM.

BANNED

I thought about this movie all day yesterday, This is my comic film for the weekend. Chance are I will love it. I tend to love all Batman animated movies. Ninja looks better than Gaslight and one word. Catwoman is in it. There is no better team up than BatCat in 2018

the cell shaded animation is solid

but the story s a little too wonky and weird, not to mentioned rushed
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    the cell shaded animation is solid

but the story s a little too wonky and weird, not to mentioned rushed
    Its a mix of anime and Batman. It was actually slightly tame by anime standards.

That said; Damian in this, well, the only characteristic he has in common with his comic counterpart, is that both have an affinity for animals. Otherwise, he's a lot like how Dick Greyson would be at that age, rather than Damian.

Jason, was actually on point. We don't see him until later, but his first scene, it really fits.

Nightwing, didn't have as much as he probably should have. But being Batman's right hand in it, and seemingly 2nd in command, worked.

Red Robin, well, he was basically just there.

Bane was a Sumo. Not sure if it was a Sumo wrestler with the Bane mask, or Bane got bit of a belly, but he only had a short scene.

Overall, I liked it. Crazy, action packed, and yet still worked. For me at least.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blitzwolf215 View Post
    I liked it, temper your expectations because it is not a traditional Batman movie. It goes full anime and gets kinda crazy in the third act, in an awesome way.

The two Robins who were good were Red Hood and Robin, by virtue of the fact that they actually do have, albeit small, roles in the film. Nightwing and Red Robin are just sort of there.

Also, Robin is very OOC in this movie. The only thing Damian keeps from his comic self are his love of animals and that he's Robin. Still has a pretty crazy role in the third act.
    All the Robins were OCC in this. very vanilla
    This was fun but only a few got to shine.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 05-01-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its a mix of anime and Batman. It was actually slightly tame by anime standards.

That said; Damian in this, well, the only characteristic he has in common with his comic counterpart, is that both have an affinity for animals. Otherwise, he's a lot like how Dick Greyson would be at that age, rather than Damian.

Jason, was actually on point. We don't see him until later, but his first scene, it really fits.

Nightwing, didn't have as much as he probably should have. But being Batman's right hand in it, and seemingly 2nd in command, worked.

Red Robin, well, he was basically just there.

Bane was a Sumo. Not sure if it was a Sumo wrestler with the Bane mask, or Bane got bit of a belly, but he only had a short scene.

Overall, I liked it. Crazy, action packed, and yet still worked. For me at least.
    Jason wasn't on point. This was UTRH Jason not Jason Jason

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    But it was Jason vs. the Joker. How many times has "Jason Jason" come across Joker and how did he react then?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    But it was Jason vs. the Joker. How many times has "Jason Jason" come across Joker and how did he react then?
    It wasn't Jason v Joker. At least that's not what the part i'm referencing since all Batfamily members tend to go at Joker whenever they can so that scene is expected for all robins. " The whole slaughter them all" line isn't Jason.

It wasn't Jason v Joker. At least that's not what the part i'm referencing since all Batfamily members tend to go at Joker whenever they can so that scene is expected for all robins. " The whole slaughter them all" line isn't Jason.
    He was being hyperbolic as he didn't actually "slaughter" Deathstroke whom he went after.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He was being hyperbolic as he didn't actually "slaughter" Deathstroke whom he went after.
    That is still very much OCC for Jason with Batman right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    What did you think of the movie?

What did you like and dislike?

Which villain was well used?

Which robin was better in the movie?
    The movie was wacky fun but I feel they wasted a huge opportunity here

Liked the Joker and Harley very much. Loved Damian and his monkey and their contribution. Disliked that all the Robins were under used and generic

Joker and Harley were the MVP's Grodd was fine everyone else was forgetable

Only Batman and Damian did anything worthwhile and Damian stands heads and shoulders above the whole Batclan in terms of enjoyment or characters that made me feel.
    Not really fair asking which Robin was better since only one Robin got to do anything. I needed more Batkids fightscenes.

To be fair, this is Elseworlds Batman. Who's to say this Jason has really put what Joker did to him in the past?

BANNED

All the Robins were OCC in this. very vanilla
    This was fun but only a few got to shine.
    I'd like to see more use of all the Robins.