Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Batwoman Joins the Arrowverse in Next Major Crossover Event

Batwoman in next Arrowverse Crossover

Stephen Amell announced Thursday at the network's upfront presentation that Batwoman will be introduced during the network's annual crossover event.
    Last edited by Styles; 05-17-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Wow. I remember they're being rumors about Batwoman showing up on Supergirl, but I never put much stock in them. But now it's finally happening .

It'll also be the second time an Arrowverse crossover has been headlined by an LGBT lead, with last year being Ray from Crisis on Earth-X .

I'm guessing she'll be from Earth-38 since they've already teased Batman a bunch of times, although it'll be weird seeing Supergirl teamed-up with Batwoman instead of Batgirl. I wonder if she'll be the Arrowverse Batman rep?

Oh, and I'm sure she, Alex Danvers, and Sara Lance will probably have some fun interaction .

Also curious to see how well they'll adapt her costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow. I remember they're being rumors about Batwoman showing up on Supergirl, but I never put much stock in them. But now it's finally happening .

It'll also be the second time an Arrowverse crossover has been headlined by an LGBT lead, with last year being Ray from Crisis on Earth-X .

I'm guessing she'll be from Earth-38 since they've already teased Batman a bunch of times, although it'll be weird seeing Supergirl teamed-up with Batwoman instead of Batgirl. I wonder if she'll be the Arrowverse Batman rep?

Oh, and I'm sure she, Alex Danvers, and Sara Lance will probably have some fun interaction .

It may be that they don't have the rights to use Batgirl. I seem to remember something about how Fox owns the rights to Batman and it's characters in perpetuity, going back to the old 60's show-= which Batgirl was created for. It may be those rights only extended to characters that were created at the time, and newer characters like Batwoman are fair game.

Oddly, the one thing that disappoints me is that Orphan and Lady Shiva will be on Gotham next year. I would have loved for them to appear on the Arrowverse shows instead, especially since we only get 13 more episodes of Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It may be that they don't have the rights to use Batgirl. I seem to remember something about how Fox owns the rights to Batman and it's characters in perpetuity, going back to the old 60's show-= which Batgirl was created for. It may be those rights only extended to characters that were created at the time, and newer characters like Batwoman are fair game.

Oddly, the one thing that disappoints me is that Orphan and Lady Shiva will be on Gotham next year. I would have loved for them to appear on the Arrowverse shows instead, especially since we only get 13 more episodes of Gotham.
    I wouldn't also be surprised if Batgirl is off-limits because of the planned movie, as is so often the case...

Now who should play her. Honestly my first thought was Madelaine Petsch from riverdale. She is probably too young and obviously too busy. Felicia day doesn't have the right feel to play the character.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Nice!

I just wonder whether they'll be able to use the name 'Batwoman' or if they'll have to write around it.

Not too much fun though for Sara. Ava will shut that down mighty quickly

I hope all four get to deliver a healthy dose of non-hetero butt-kicking.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Now who should play her. Honestly my first thought was Madelaine Petsch from riverdale. She is probably too young and obviously too busy. Felicia day doesn't have the right feel to play the character.
    I'm curious to see how they'll capture Kate's look. Will she still have the pale white skin and bob?

And that's not even getting into the costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Nice!

I just wonder whether they'll be able to use the name 'Batwoman' or if they'll have to write around it.
    I'm actually curious how many Batman characters they have access too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Not too much fun though for Sara. Ava will shut that down mighty quickly

I hope all four get to deliver a healthy dose of non-hetero butt-kicking.
    Sounds awesome .

About time we got a Batverse character. Well, a member of the Bat Family, and not just "borrowing" some of Bat's Rogues Gallery.

But will it be Kate Kane, or the older (and lesser known) Kathleen Kane? Most likely the former, but it wouldn't be the first time the Arrowverse went against the norm (Sarah being the first Black Canary for example).

I hope they don’t change it too much. I kind of like it the way it is.

I wonder how old “orphan” is going to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    About time we got a Batverse character. Well, a member of the Bat Family, and not just "borrowing" some of Bat's Rogues Gallery.

But will it be Kate Kane, or the older (and lesser known) Kathleen Kane? Most likely the former, but it wouldn't be the first time the Arrowverse went against the norm (Sarah being the first Black Canary for example).
    Both characters who have been Batwoman are named Katherine Kane the current one is known as Kate and the older one was known as Kathy. Sorry if this comes across as a pedantic correction. I would imagine they'll use Kate but you never know and that also doesn't mean they'll portray her well unfortunately.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I hope it's on Earth 38. All the crossovers so far have taken place on Earth 1. It's time Supergirl got one on hers! Plus, they've already hinted that Batman exists there (and they've directly mentioned Gotham). I also wonder how they'll pull off the white skin. If they'll use it at all. And If her hair will be a wig like in the comics. I hope Alice and the religion of crime is the main villain!
    Assassinate Putin!

Batman and Batgirl popped up in Birds of Prey on WB before tho. Also there was gonna be a season 4 of Batman on a different network but rhe sets were already destroyed and they didn't want to spend big on recreating them.
    Last edited by jump; 05-17-2018 at 02:54 PM.