Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    West Coat Avengers? Wow... this is so freaking cool.

It's probably not exactly what some old school West Coast Avenger fans may have wanted, but it sounds like a lot of fun.
    "Not exactly". Sorry, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A part of me just isn't sure how to feel about this. It seems less like a West Coast Avengers revival and more like a Kate Bishop vehicle with her friends, mentor, boyfriend, etc.

I mean, I love Kate as a character, but still.

Heck, everybody but OG Hawkeye is a young adult, so it feels more like a Young Avengers-esque or a new New Warriors team then a true return of the West Coast Avengers.

And I really don't need to see yet another rehashing of Quentin Quire's character development.

I dunno. When I hear "West Coast Avengers" I think of a good Avengers satellite book, which a lot of people unhappy with Aaron's Avengers have wanted, but that doesn't seem to be what this is.

I mean, it'll probably be a fun read since Thompson's writing it, but I just can't really get that enthused about this .
    It DOES remind me of the 2005 New Warriors book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Nice. Loved Thompson's Hawkeye, like the lineup too.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Was excited for all of about 5 seconds, until the page loaded after clicking the link.
    Another 2 min after reading the initial article the book went right into the "not even worth a trade".

So disappointed that this is how Marvel decides to resurrect the AWC title. Sad, sad, sad Marvel.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    West Coat Avengers? Wow... this is so freaking cool.

It's probably not exactly what some old school West Coast Avenger fans may have wanted, but it sounds like a lot of fun.
    It sure as fu*k does!!

I'm an old school fan but if I want to relive the old days, I'll just dig out my back issues.

If you're starting WCA again, it shouldn't be just some slavish fan service, it should be new and markedly different than the core Avengers title.

This will definitely be that. Thompson is a brilliant writer and this group of characters should give her plenty of excellent options for fun interplay between the team.

Can't wait for this!

BANNED

Awful lineup, boring writer...hard pass. West Coast Avengers my ass.

Excited seeing the title, then just realized this is just a Hawkeye book with a few young fan favorites.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

I almost think Brevoort approved this exactly because it's kind of a parody of the West Coast Avengers concept .

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Disappointed that Mockingbird wasn't included in this.

This is basically a hawkeye relaunch with some other characters. I usually like Kate but I didn't read her book so pass for now
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha! West Coast Avengers are back !

Really not crazy about that roster or the "reality show" element though .
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Disappointed that Mockingbird wasn't included in this.
    HATE the "reality show" idea. But Kelly writing Kate is worth checking out. Also MAC. And I'm curious about Johnny. Gwenpool and Quentin are "meh" for me and I'm neutral on Clint. Second the absence of Mockingbird, she would be a great addition to the team (maybe down the line?). Caselli on art is a definite plus. So I'm skeptically optimistic about this series.
    Last edited by klynn; 05-17-2018 at 10:16 AM.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

"Hey kids you know all those character you hate in other books? Well we here at mighty Marvel are going to save you the trouble and cram them all into one big mess of book for you"

I could not pass harder on this if I had a sledgehammer in my hand. Everything about this make my skin crawl from the lineup to the theme.

I wanted to see Gwenpool again in a book, but not like this. I hate Kid Omega and I don't like America Chavez. Overall, I am going to pass on this book.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Like others saying, it's just kate bishop and friends and a way to continue the series that ended.

The sad thing is seeing characters like America, Gwenpool and Kate Bishop getting infinite chances while others like Captain Britain, Thunderbolts got canned and it will take years for them to get another book.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.