Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1061

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean, a second adult. It does have Clint.
    yeah but its clint.

I meant a responsible adult

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    yeah but its clint.

I meant a responsible adult
    He's actually been very mature and reliable in this series.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Invincible Member

Has there been mention of Tigra's son since Secret Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    He's actually been very mature and reliable in this series.
    at times but he is lacking in the ok lets wait and think department. Granted that was not his strong suit for years but he did mature for a while. Not he seems often stuck in a more of a jump jump fire fire express regret mode. P.us Kate often outshines him and since they are the same type it show more.

Another grown avenger would be helpful. I still like the book and I am sorry it is going but it is something that could have helped.

at times but he is lacking in the ok lets wait and think department. Granted that was not his strong suit for years but he did mature for a while. Not he seems often stuck in a more of a jump jump fire fire express regret mode. P.us Kate often outshines him and since they are the same type it show more.

Another grown avenger would be helpful. I still like the book and I am sorry it is going but it is something that could have helped.
    Whether he's currently acting mature or not, he's a good fifteen years older than the rest of the team members, and he's always had friends his own age (or older), so it's very jarring to see him on this team. I'd rather see the current lineup of younger folks stay together (with one of the Avengers Academy kids switched in for Quire, he doesn't work as a character outside of the context of the X-Men) and Clint on a team with people his own age. They're making great use of him over in No Road Home right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Has there been mention of Tigra's son since Secret Wars?
    No. There has been no mention of Tigra's son, or the fact that she and Hank Pym were dating, since Hank's 'death' in the RAGE OF ULTRON graphic novel pre-Secret Wars.

Kate showed up in No Road Home #5. It was just an illusion one of the baddies used to manipulate Clint though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What I liked about this book is that Kate did not outshine him actually. And I thought he used smart thinking here a lot more often than in most anything, not counting secret empire & tales of suspense over the last few years.

Though I can see why you would like him to be around people his age more.

@OOTCS

I remain skeptical for now. It's the same creative team that was behind No Surrender and not only was that not really a well written story in my book, it also ended with a pretty bad encounter between Clint and Banner which didn't make much sense in the context of his portrayal in other books.

And so far there hasn't been much of note in No Road Home either besides mild intrigue whether the Hulk situation might end up being interesting.

On that note: Is there already a Clint Barton appreciation thread? I only noticed a week ago that the old one was closed down.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Not that I've seen. But that doesn't mean there isn't one. People were talking about Unstoppable Wasp in Janet's thread (she does appear in the book) and someone asked if Nadia had a thread. I hadn't noticed one, so I said so, and they made a new one... but one had already been made in January.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Finally read the 1st TPB. Didn't dislike it, but, IMHO, it's far from good. The cutesy teen romance tone bothered me a bit. The character work is OK, but it's not a team that I feel the driving desire to follow. Don't know if I'll get the second TPB. I might. It'll depend on my mood at the time.

Peace

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I really wanted to like this book, but it jumped the (land) shark with the quirky comedy and the team was never one I felt compelled to want to read more about, so I dropped it a few issues ago.

Gwenpool and Quire just dont do it for me.

I mourn for what this book could have been, and not the loss of what it was.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Whether he's currently acting mature or not, he's a good fifteen years older than the rest of the team members, and he's always had friends his own age (or older), so it's very jarring to see him on this team. I'd rather see the current lineup of younger folks stay together (with one of the Avengers Academy kids switched in for Quire, he doesn't work as a character outside of the context of the X-Men) and Clint on a team with people his own age. They're making great use of him over in No Road Home right now.
    I have to remind myself that this is the same guy who turned the Thunderbolts around/onto a different path.

I'm really gonna miss this motley crew.

When the cast of characters was initially announced, I was confident in the premise, confident in the creative team, and confident that it might take some time to appreciate the flavor I'd be tasting with this mix of unexpected heroes.

I was, at first, sour about the LACK of certain faves I felt would excel and thrive beneath Kelly's writing, but in true Kelly fashion I was rapidly entranced by this bizarre crew and their bizarre interactions.

I'm gonna miss this gang. I'll treasure the run and look back on it fondly, in the collections as they're released. VIVA WCA! VIVA JEFF!

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I really wanted to like this book, but it jumped the (land) shark with the quirky comedy and the team was never one I felt compelled to want to read more about, so I dropped it a few issues ago.

Gwenpool and Quire just dont do it for me.

I mourn for what this book could have been, and not the loss of what it was.
    Yea it’s definitely a shame considering that Thompson spoke of how her original pitch for the series had been a more traditional West Coast Avengers style team which I get the feeling would have done much better.

Surprise! Issue 10 isn't the last we'll see of the team.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #7
    CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)
    Cover by MIKE HAWTHORNE
    WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!
    • Like the rest of America, the West Coast is overrun with Frost Giants and in CHAOS!
    • But Otto Octavius doesn’t settle for chaos and will WIN THE WAR OF REALMS SINGLE-HANDEDLY.
    • Well, maybe not single-handedly. He needs minions. Super-minions! So he recruits the WEST COAST AVENGERS!
    • Uh-oh.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #8
    CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)
    Cover by MIKE HAWTHORNE
    WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!
    • Otto Octavius and Quentin Quire – BFFs!
    • With America Chavez as the power, transportation and…well…only real hero, can Superior Spider-Man and the West Coast Avengers help turn the tide against Malekith and his forces?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99