Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast

Default West Coast Avengers Announced by Kelly Thompson

Hell froze over.

So much for the single Avengers book, but I'm pretty sure we all knew that would last for all of ten seconds. I'd like to give this a chance, but...

Quentin. Fucking. Quire.

Nope. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. Not even for MAC will I read more of that annoying little twerp.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-17-2018 at 09:41 AM.

I'm done with Marvel
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Yay for Kelly Thompson, but Quentin Quire and Gwenpool are huge turn offs to me. I have big doubts about picking the book because of those two characters, especially Quire, he is like everything that is wrong with toxicity in fandom to me...

Ha! West Coast Avengers are back !

Really not crazy about that roster or the "reality show" element though .

All-New Member

I'd read anything by Kelly Thompson but it also has both Hawkeyes and Gwenpool, so definitely looking forward to this.
    Last edited by Darkfire360; 05-17-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Incredible Member

I was thrilled....until I clicked the link. Quentin Quire and Gwenpool?! No thanks.

NOT what we were expecting! At all!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Love Kelly's work, I adore character like Gwenpool, Quentin, and America... so I am really looking forward to it! That said, I fear that this will be one of those books I love but does not last for long...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha! West Coast Avengers are back !

Really not crazy about that roster or the "reality show" element though .
    I'd say the silver lining here is that it should keep QQ out of the X-Books for about a year, but there seem to be different rules for the characters editorial really likes.

West Coat Avengers? Wow... this is so freaking cool.

It's probably not exactly what some old school West Coast Avenger fans may have wanted, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

This and the other Avengers book are monkey paws with their rosters for some fans.

A part of me just isn't sure how to feel about this. It seems less like a West Coast Avengers revival and more like a Kate Bishop vehicle with her friends, mentor, boyfriend, etc.

I mean, I love Kate as a character, but still.

Heck, everybody but OG Hawkeye is a young adult, so it feels more like a Young Avengers-esque or a new New Warriors team then a true return of the West Coast Avengers.

And I really don't need to see yet another rehashing of Quentin Quire's character development.

I dunno. When I hear "West Coast Avengers" I think of a good Avengers satellite book, which a lot of people unhappy with Aaron's Avengers have wanted, but that doesn't seem to be what this is.

I mean, it'll probably be a fun read since Thompson's writing it, but I just can't really get that enthused about this .

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Interesting premise and I really like the creative team. But, I could do without Clint, let Kate be her own hero, she doesn't really need a mentor anymore and two Hawkeyes on one team is redundant. Not really a fan of Gwenpool and her whole shtick. I really like Quentin but so much of his identity is tied to being a mutant I don't really think the idea of him being on a non-X-team works. Also does Johnny have powers now, did I miss something about that? I'll check out the first couple of issues at least.