Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    The 'reality show' idea sounds pretty terrible, in my opinion.

I hoped if they brought back West Coast Avengers, they'd do a lineup of characters actually from California. I would absolutely have read it if it was Hellion/Julian Keller (LA), Hawkeye/Kate Bishop (moved to LA), Ghost Rider/Robbie Reyes (LA), Hazmat/Jennifer Takeda (San Fran.),
    And Victor Mancha (LA) or other members from the Runaways.
    The Runaways already have their own book, so none of them were available. Robbie's on the other Avengers team so he wasn't usable either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha! West Coast Avengers are back !

Really not crazy about that roster or the "reality show" element though .
    I loved the old West coast book

This line up and concept puts me right off

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Where is Red She-Hulk?
    .....Long been de-powered by DOC GREEN and was last seen as Betty with the CWII: THE ACCUSED at Banner's Funeral.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I like Quentin, but I agree that Hellion feels like he would make more sense here.

Mighty Member

I'm a big fan of reality shows like Real World and Terrace House so the reality show premise sounds aces to me. I imagine that will be the butt of many Gwenpool gags.

Gwenpool and Quire both bring some meta-humour that a series about Avengers reality stars should have.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    With a select few exceptions, virtually every comic book is a limited series.

Whether this lasts six issues or twelve or twenty four or whatever, the people who have an interest in these characters will hopefully enjoy it.

Thompson's Hawkeye solo was wonderful and the fact that it lasted only sixteen issues didn't make those issues any less enjoyable.

A book doesn't have to last forever to be worth doing or worth reading.
    No it does not, true

But if it's intended as a mini it's written differently than if it's ongoing, even first arcs lay future plot lines if they intend it to go further

for me far too many marvel books were written edging their bets and this showed in the writing

Also if it's a mini I want the count on the book easy to see, stretching past that first count coz it's a hit just pushes the idea beyond its scope, it rarely works

It's better to just do another volume of the mini clearly labeled

marvel totally put me off punting on books coz they felt like stealth minis

imo

At least if it's cancelled Gwen can pull a lampshade on the Aborted Arc trope.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

FINALLY BOBBI IS GOIN-

*squints*

Two Hawkeyes and not one Mockingbird?

**** off, Marvel.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    I'm a big fan of reality shows like Real World and Terrace House so the reality show premise sounds aces to me. I imagine that will be the butt of many Gwenpool gags.
    But do modern audiences really watch reality TV anymore? In many ways I think it died off after Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon made cable somewhat obsolete. The only popular reality tv show I can currently think of, is 'the Great British Bakeoff'.
    This just feels like trying to hard to be trendy.

Extraordinary Member

Yay, a new West Coast Avengers book!!!

(reads lineup and premise)

What the ....

#$%^ this, Marvel may have just put me off of being an Avengers fan.

I'd read the Chuck Austin Avengers before I'd read this.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cassie is Stinger now.
    Could have changed that back then. Making her a Wasp clone when Nadia is around is redundant. Stature was a perfectly good name.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Disappointed that Mockingbird wasn't included in this.
    I'd love to have Bobbi in this, but I'm not sure if this is the right WCA group for her.

If she was in it seemed like they'd mine her status as Clint's ex-wife for "reality show drama," though we'd probably get some solid Kate mentoring as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    This is basically a hawkeye relaunch with some other characters. I usually like Kate but I didn't read her book so pass for now
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    At least this means that there will be more than one Avenger book. I doubt it will only be the main Avengers and West Coast.
    If this is Marvel's idea of an Avengers satellite book, then I guess Aaron's team is the only one that gets to be a "real" Avengers team.

Incredible Member

Look at the bright side, at least this prevents Jason Aaron from including Quentin Quiore on his main Avengers run which will probably still happen eventually anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love to have Bobbi in this, but I'm not sure if this is the right WCA group for her.

If she was in it seemed like they'd mine her status as Clint's ex-wife for "reality show drama," though we'd probably get some solid Kate mentoring as well.

Pretty much.

If this is Marvel's idea of an Avengers satellite book, then I guess Aaron's team is the only one that gets to be a "real" Avengers team.
    I dunno I consider this West Coast Avengers relaunch more true Avengers book than the snoozefest that Aaron is trying to sell. Hopefully more true Avengers book will emerge that will be better than his current series.