Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    For anyone not a fan, apparently this book is a limited series.
    I was looking to see if it was or not but couldn't find it; whered you see that at?

BANNED

With a select few exceptions, virtually every comic book is a limited series.

Whether this lasts six issues or twelve or twenty four or whatever, the people who have an interest in these characters will hopefully enjoy it.

Thompson's Hawkeye solo was wonderful and the fact that it lasted only sixteen issues didn't make those issues any less enjoyable.

A book doesn't have to last forever to be worth doing or worth reading.

Clint, Kate, America, Gwenpool, yes, YES, YESSS, and MORE YESSS

Quire...................
    But I just.......don't want to read about him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

Clint, Kate, America, Gwenpool, yes, YES, YESSS, and MORE YESSS

Quire...................
    But I just.......don't want to read about him anymore.
    REAL TALK: The premise of reality show involvement DOES lend for a compelling rationale to include Quire. I mean, it makes motivational sense with his character.

Mighty Member

To those who are not a fan of Quentin, given the make up of the team, it seems likely to me his braggadocios nature will be played up for laughs. I mean, do any of you really see America or Kate taking any of his crap lying down? Gwenpool will probably be the first person to call him out on it, lets be real.

...Sigh. I was expecting her new book to be Ypung Avengers or A-Force. And I was expecting a possible West Coast Avengers relaunch to bring Bobbi out of limbo. So this is a disappointment in many levels.

Given that both Hawkeyes are on the team, I wonder if this is a stealth continuation of Kelly Thompson’s Hawkeye . Though if it’s anywhere near as good as her A-Force, I’ll definitely check it out especially for the Hawkeyes and Gwenpool.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha! West Coast Avengers are back !

Really not crazy about that roster or the "reality show" element though .
    The 'reality show' idea sounds pretty terrible, in my opinion.

I hoped if they brought back West Coast Avengers, they'd do a lineup of characters actually from California. I would absolutely have read it if it was Hellion/Julian Keller (LA), Hawkeye/Kate Bishop (moved to LA), Ghost Rider/Robbie Reyes (LA), Hazmat/Jennifer Takeda (San Fran.),
    And Victor Mancha (LA) or other members from the Runaways.

Even using some of the original YAs, like Tommy Shepherd, Eli Bradley, etc. would have been a sell for me.

This is just kind of disappointing. I like America Chavez, but to be honest she's not one of my favorite character's and her recent solo series was pretty rough. Kate Bishop is okay, but I have mixed feelings on how her personality was altered a bit by Fraction and Thompson from Heinburg. I really don't understand why Marvel is dead set on pushing Quire, since he's kind of comic book poison. In many ways I think adding his character to Gen X v.2 is what lead to it getting cancelled. I have very little interest in Gwenpool.
    It's just sad because this could have been a big sell to me, like DC's 'Terrific's' was, and instead it's just... disappointment.
    Last edited by RoamingGnome8; 05-17-2018 at 11:06 AM.

PS Kelly just twitter-affirmed that this title is an ONGOING and the wording in the article is INCORRECT.

WOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Given that both Hawkeyes are on the team, I wonder if this is a stealth continuation of Kelly Thompson’s Hawkeye .
    It totally is. You also have her boyfriend and her bff on the team.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    The sad thing is seeing characters like America, Gwenpool and Kate Bishop getting infinite chances while others like Captain Britain, Thunderbolts got canned and it will take years for them to get another book.
    This is so true.

Marvel sure pushes some flavor of the moment characters till all versions of a relaunch are exhausted.
    Meanwhile, Darkhawk who had a solid Legacy #51 that was a good launch point doesn't get an ongoing at all.
    Black Knight can't find a new creative team.
    Captain Britain just sits on the shelf.
    Blade is without an ongoing.
    Deathlok sits around unused (any of them).
    Sleepwalker is overdo another solid chance but nothing on that front either.
    Where is Red She-Hulk?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Darkhawk has an Infinity Countdown tie-in mini-series. Red She-Hulk is depowered.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    They really want Kate to be a thing don't they.

This is young avengers or new warrior's, not WCA

Can't stand gwenpoole or Chavez so I'm out.

Two Hawkeye's and some no marks, 8 issues before it's cancelled.
    If Clint wasn't there, they certainly could've called it Young Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'd have much rather seen West Coast Young Avengers with more characters like Wiccan, Speed, Hulkling and Stature being involved.
    Cassie is Stinger now.
    Gwenpool will be aware of that, I bet! They'll get some jokes out of that as the others don't know they're comic book characters.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is so true.

Marvel sure pushes some flavor of the moment characters till all versions of a relaunch are exhausted.
    Meanwhile, Darkhawk who had a solid Legacy #51 that was a good launch point doesn't get an ongoing at all.
    Black Knight can't find a new creative team.
    Captain Britain just sits on the shelf.
    Blade is without an ongoing.
    Deathlok sits around unused (any of them).
    Sleepwalker is overdo another solid chance but nothing on that front either.
    Where is Red She-Hulk?
    I think darkhawk has an infinity wars tie in coming out. at they very least, its at least a one-shot. they may be piloting him for bigger role.

EDIT: I was talking about the legacy book you mentioned in there. ignore me. Im running on 3 hours of sleep...

At least this means that there will be more than one Avenger book. I doubt it will only be the main Avengers and West Coast.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    The 'reality show' idea sounds pretty terrible, in my opinion.

I hoped if they brought back West Coast Avengers, they'd do a lineup of characters actually from California. I would absolutely have read it if it was Hellion/Julian Keller (LA), Hawkeye/Kate Bishop (moved to LA), Ghost Rider/Robbie Reyes (LA), Hazmat/Jennifer Takeda (San Fran.),
    And Victor Mancha (LA) or other members from the Runaways.

Even using some of the original YAs, like Tommy Shepherd, Eli Bradley, etc. would have been a sell for me.

This is just kind of disappointing. I like America Chavez, but she's not one of my favorite character's an Drew her recent solo series was pretty rough. Kate Bishop is okay, but I have mixed feelings on how her personality was altered a bit by Fraction and Thompson from Heinburg. I really don't understand why Marvel is dead set on pushing Quire, since he's kind of comic book poison. In many ways I think adding his character to Gen X v.2 is what lead to it getting cancelled. I have very little interest in Gwenpool.
    It's just sad because this could have been a big sell to me, like DC's 'Terrific's' was, and instead it's just... disappointment.
    I can understand why you would think that way.....for it's been done before with the NEW WARRIORS 6 Issue Miniseries by Skottie Young.....that unfornately lead into the First Civil War; so maybe this time this Mini might be sucessful {and this was posted before learning the News about this being an ONGOING....!!