Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1061

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I've personally never seen a problem with the more smaller and character interaction focus, because that's where you get some of the best little moments and development. Working in big, epic confrontations and developments is obviously good to have and leads to alot of excitement, but its also important to work in moderation and not overdo it, or else they won't feel as special.
    I think it's the strength of the best comics that can balance those two elements rather then really emphasizing one over the other.

I'd even say the original WCA was an example of this to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    More podcast fact time-- Thompson's original pitch was going for a more classic WCA with characters like Clint, Tigra, and Jen Hulk featuring Kate and America as the new kidz on da blocc, but Marvel was looking for a book more like a Young Avengers relaunch in style.
    I wonder whose idea was it to add the reality show? I actually read this series, and it didn't feel like a legit team book. It felt like Kate Bishop just hanging out with a lot of guest stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    She also talks about how she thinks smaller and more about character interaction than about big, engaging conflicts and villains like Cates (who she talks about) and it's something she thinks she needs to improve on. A comic book writer who can see where they could improve? Is this the Second Coming?
    I don't think she has a problem with big stuff. That will only get better with time. Her only real problem is one that is rampant in superhero comics right now trying to cram the comic full of rapid fire funny/cutesy dialogue. Here is the thing about comedy, the reason why we respond to it is because not everyone is funny. Writers like Peter David and Priest stood out because they were actually funny. A lot of writers weren't funny and didn't try to be. Right now it feels like every writer at Marvel believes that they are funny.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Issue one of this just came up on MU and it’s great! But it’s cancelled - what the hell?

People didn't buy it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wow, I would have loved the original concept of a book centered around Hawkeye, Tigra and She-Hulk!

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Wow, I would have loved the original concept of a book centered around Hawkeye, Tigra and She-Hulk!
    And Wonder Man, Mockingbird, Firebird, Moon Knight, Hank Pym, Iron Man ...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I don't think she has a problem with big stuff. That will only get better with time. Her only real problem is one that is rampant in superhero comics right now trying to cram the comic full of rapid fire funny/cutesy dialogue. Here is the thing about comedy, the reason why we respond to it is because not everyone is funny. Writers like Peter David and Priest stood out because they were actually funny. A lot of writers weren't funny and didn't try to be. Right now it feels like every writer at Marvel believes that they are funny.
    This is why I dropped the comics. The line-up (minus Quire) was good, the art was awesome and at least, Thompson is not a writer who feels the need to make the characters miserable. But the attempts at being all quippy and funny annoyed me more than anything.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 03-10-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    This is why I dropped the comics. The line-up (minus Quire) was good, the art was awesome and at least, Thompson is not the writer who fells the need to make the characters miserable. But the attempts at being all quippy and funny annoyed me more than anything.
    Thompson can be legitimately funny. I thought her Hawkeye run was very successful on that count. Her WCA, however, just didn't do it for me. The effort to be quirky felt too forced in this case. I'm sure it worked for some people but I couldn't warm up to it. She's still a good writer but this was just a miss for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    This is why I dropped the comics. The line-up (minus Quire) was good, the art was awesome and at least, Thompson is not the writer who fells the need to make the characters miserable. But the attempts at being all quippy and funny annoyed me more than anything.
    Yeah, the art was the best thing on it but the storyline...IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I wonder whose idea was it to add the reality show? I actually read this series, and it didn't feel like a legit team book. It felt like Kate Bishop just hanging out with a lot of guest stars.
    Same!

Wait, its cancelled? Boy I'm behind on things.

It's a shame too because it's been easily my favourite comic going right now.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Wait, its cancelled? Boy I'm behind on things.

It's a shame too because it's been easily my favourite comic going right now.
    I think Jessica Jones is better but the digital first format means I have to wait a lot. But for a little while, it was definitely my favorite and is certainly my favorite Avengers book right now.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think Jessica Jones is better but the digital first format means I have to wait a lot. But for a little while, it was definitely my favorite and is certainly my favorite Avengers book right now.
    Tbf I've gotten really lazy and only follow like Clint, X23 and the Black Widow (even tho her current solo blows) so I miss out on a lot.

PS: Nevermind I just remembered that I also follow Captain America and that shit is also really good right now.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 03-11-2019 at 06:49 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    And Wonder Man, Mockingbird, Firebird, Moon Knight, Hank Pym, Iron Man ...
    I would be all over a book with such a line-up, minus one or another.

Peace

I was hoping Tigra would stick around. The book needed an adult.

You mean, a second adult. It does have Clint.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman