Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

It would be a mind-bending experiance, imagine what Morrison could have done with the Spider-Totem angle

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    It would be a mind-bending experiance, imagine what Morrison could have done with the Spider-Totem angle
    Truth be told, I feel like JMS' Spider-Totem storyline was extremely close to a Morrison-Esque take on the character.

It doesn't really seem like he's interested in the character so I say Nay.

Well, now with the Boom! Studios announcement, I guess it's a no go. But it would have been nice, once upon a time.

IF, and only if, Morrison saw some potential for a story that he wanted to tell with the character and his world. Morrison is one of two writers that gets a buy from no matter what, so I would be all in on the series at that point.

As it stands, it doesn't appear he has anything interesting to add to the character or his mythos, so I'll say no for that reason alone.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Nothing could make me less willing to come back to Spider-Man.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

Sure, but I'd rather see him write Spidey in a separate continuity, and preferably as a story with a beginning, middle, and end (as opposed to a never ending run).

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Truth be told, I feel like JMS' Spider-Totem storyline was extremely close to a Morrison-Esque take on the character.
    True, but I bet Morrison would have done it better.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I would certainly read it, but SPIDERMAN doesn't really feel like something that would interest Morrison too much.

BANNED

He's my favorite comic book writer, on my favorite fictional character, so that sounds interesting!

But most recent accounts though, he doesn't really like Spider-Man, he thinks he's too whiny and he got all that Marvel soap opera stuff out of his system with X-Men. The only "big" character left he said he really wants to do now is The Flash.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Nope. He's said in the past that he likes the character, but considers the Lee/Ditko run so definitive he doesn't really feel like there's a need for him to do anything with it.

I always thought of Animal Man as similar to what a Spider-Man run of his would have been like. An everyman C-list (in-universe) hero with a gorgeous wife starting a family and trying to find a better way to make use of his abilities, getting thrown in way over his head until confronted by the universe apologizing for making his life such a living hell. Even the animal totem stuff and him wondering how his powers could work fits. That's as close as I need to see him get, really, and it's a much purer creative vision than any work of his on Spidey could ever actually possibly be.
    Buh-bye

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    "The Spider-Man of that world is a creepy, skinny Ditko guy, who lives on his own and is shunned by the neighbors."
    Isn't this somewhat similar to the plot for one of the what-if Spider-Man story back in the late 90s, specifically What If? vol 2 #88. That story took place in a future where Peter mutated into a spider creature instead of gaining super-powers, and had to hide and live alone with his son that he had with Gwen, who was a mutant and was constantly bullied by Flash's son. Well... at the very least, that Peter still wears a blue vest, shirt and tie, just like in the Ditko era.

Also, I absolutely hate his New X-Men run, so this idea definitely won't be getting my vote.

Morrison on Spidey would bring back a lot of that horrible totem animal god BS. That kind of stuff is right up his alley.

Also Grant Morrison is an android who doesn't understand normal human emotion very well, which for aloof characters like Bats/even Superman is fine but not with Pete Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    IF, and only if, Morrison saw some potential for a story that he wanted to tell with the character and his world. Morrison is one of two writers that gets a buy from no matter what, so I would be all in on the series at that point.

As it stands, it doesn't appear he has anything interesting to add to the character or his mythos, so I'll say no for that reason alone.
    Who's the other?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Morrison on Spidey would bring back a lot of that horrible totem animal god BS. That kind of stuff is right up his alley.

Also Grant Morrison is an android who doesn't understand normal human emotion very well, which for aloof characters like Bats/even Superman is fine but not with Pete Parker.
    I contend: basically everything he's ever written, but especially Animal Man, Doom Patrol, Invisibles, WE3 and All-Star Superman have been very emotional, character-focused stories (at least in chunks, with runs as long as the likes of DP or Invisibles).
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I contend: basically everything he's ever written, but especially Animal Man, Doom Patrol, Invisibles, WE3 and All-Star Superman have been very emotional, character-focused stories (at least in chunks, with runs as long as the likes of DP or Invisibles).
    Yeah, WE3 and All-Star Superman in perticular, pretty much proves this statement wrong.

Maybe Megaharrison is confusing him with Hickman? I do feel that Hickman can sometimes have problems portraying the emotions of his characters, it often gets drowned out in all of the big concepts. Which is something that I don't feel Morrison does - he can balance it pretty well, usually.