Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Bought the first seven or so issues of his Nu52 Action Comics run, but I could not get into it.

But I've never been a big fan of Superman either.
    Be thankful. Superman is my favorite comic character. Grant Morrison has quite the following, but I'm not really sure why. In any case his "Outside the Box" method of storytelling is not a good fit for Spidey.

I would love it (tho he's already stated he has no interest) I find almost all of his work to be fairly straight forward, especially his super hero work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    Be thankful. Superman is my favorite comic character. Grant Morrison has quite the following, but I'm not really sure why. In any case his "Outside the Box" method of storytelling is not a good fit for Spidey.
    His Batman run was fantastic, IMO. It really had me dying to see what would happen next, month to month.
    Yes, he has a out of left field approach at times. I think it works more often than not.

And we don't know how his Spider-man take would be, since it never came to fruition. It could've been great.

BANNED

Bump, slot seems to be using this Morrison factor to the Amazing Title now.

I'd pair him with Marcos Martin. Martin is the best Spidey artist we've seen in years and if Morrison wants to tackle a Ditko-era Spidey then Martin is the man.

If he ever writes Spider-Man, I'd like it if the story were out of continuity just as All-Star Superman was. After all Morrison believes the Lee-Ditko run is very hard to surpass so if we'd like to see Morrison's potential with Spidey realised the story shouldn't be shackled by continuity.

I'd still love to see a maxi-series written by Morrison, drawn by Frank Quitely or Olivier Coipel. Even a prose novel would be intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    This. I'm a fan of Grant's, but I'm not sure I'd like him on Spider Man. His take on, say, Fantastic Four, though...well, that might just be something.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Yeah, like Montressor said I like Grant but I'm not sure I'd like him on ASM. Agreed that I'd be very interested in his take on F4.

I like G.M. but I can see why people might be hesitant to see him on a Spidey title.

Buuuuut...

Maybe he could do a cool Chameleon story?

Ooooor... a cool Mysterio story?

I tend to like weird takes anyway - I love Spider-Man: Fever, for example - so maybe I'm biased in that way.

-Pav, who jusST REALIZED THAT ALL ALONG IT'S BEEN GRANT MORRISON WHO NEEDS TO WRITE THE STEGRON/SWARM TEAM-UP WE'RE ALL DYING FOR...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Incredible Member

Ha!

I think the comic book Spider-Man needs Morrison more than we realize.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Monk View Post
    Discuss. Morrison already had a go at the X-Men, and his run still remains a point of contention for many X-Fans. What do Spidey fans think?

Here's a bit of info on the proposed 1990's graphic novel by Morrison:
    Thank God this never happened.

I mean I would've said that anyway because I hate Morrisson's style but seeing this...thank god

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I like G.M. but I can see why people might be hesitant to see him on a Spidey title.

Buuuuut...

Maybe he could do a cool Chameleon story?

Ooooor... a cool Mysterio story?

I tend to like weird takes anyway - I love Spider-Man: Fever, for example - so maybe I'm biased in that way.

-Pav, who jusST REALIZED THAT ALL ALONG IT'S BEEN GRANT MORRISON WHO NEEDS TO WRITE THE STEGRON/SWARM TEAM-UP WE'RE ALL DYING FOR...
    Looking at New X-Men and Batman, he could make some cool new villains.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

As a huge fan of the Ditko Spidey ... I'm really glad Morrison never got his mitts on him.

I'd be fine with Morrison doing a couple of one-shot tales here and there, perhaps in a "Webspinners" or "Tangled Web"-type anthology series focusing on the villains, but after the complete cluster that was his "New X-Men" run (particularly the latter portion), I can't say I trust him to write Spider-Man on a regular basis.

His work with Batman, Superman and Captain Marvel (Shazam) was decent, but generally he works best with characters of his own creation as opposed to established characters. He just can't resist tinkering to the point at which they become almost unrecognizable.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    This. I'm a fan of Grant's, but I'm not sure I'd like him on Spider Man. His take on, say, Fantastic Four, though...well, that might just be something.
    Such a thing exists!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Four:_1234

It's WEIRD, and very dark, but it's not bad.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    I'd be fine with Morrison doing a couple of one-shot tales here and there, perhaps in a "Webspinners" or "Tangled Web"-type anthology series focusing on the villains, but after the complete cluster that was his "New X-Men" run (particularly the latter portion), I can't say I trust him to write Spider-Man on a regular basis.
    Meanwhile, his NXM run is one that I hold in great esteem.

-Pav, who hopes to someday take his rightful place in the White Hot Room...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details