Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

i think it'd be great, but i feel that the majority of spider-man readers wouldn't connect with his style. especially on this title.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Such a thing exists!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Four:_1234

It's WEIRD, and very dark, but it's not bad.
    A million thanks for this.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i think it'd be great, but i feel that the majority of spider-man readers wouldn't connect with his style. especially on this title.
    This seems like highly limited thinking.

Morrison has shown he can do big, splashy iconic characters in comics, with his own twist.

If Garth Ennis can turn in a Spidey story ("The Thousand"), and Mark Millar can do a year-long run on the character, I think there's room for a Grant Morrison take.

It would certainly be a lot more interesting than the stiff, stilted, flawed take on Mephistoverse-Spider-Man of the last 9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    This seems like highly limited thinking.

Morrison has shown he can do big, splashy iconic characters in comics, with his own twist.

If Garth Ennis can turn in a Spidey story ("The Thousand"), and Mark Millar can do a year-long run on the character, I think there's room for a Grant Morrison take.

It would certainly be a lot more interesting than the stiff, stilted, flawed take on Mephistoverse-Spider-Man of the last 9 years.
    you might be right, i'm basing my opinion mostly on his invisibles, kill your boyfriend, all star supes and new x-men. having not read his jla or batman or superman ongoings (which might be more mainstream); my impression of his writing is a strongly counter culture, psychedelic and subversive style that seems like an odd fit with the desire i see on spider-man boards for the oft repeated "grounded every man" and apparent backlash against "big concepts" (spider island, spider verse , parker indust).

spider-man has been ground-breaking, but not in a counter culture kind of way.

for classic morrison style, mysterio is the perfect villain but from that initial proposal, he admits he wouldn't write a spider-man that everyone is used to. and that seems to be a very risky thing when it comes to spidey and his fanbase.

could he adjust his tone for the character? sure and maybe i just haven't read the times that he has. i also haven't read ennis' and millar's takes. but if morrison's take on marvel boy was his spider-man, i can already see issues from some sections of the readership over themes like incest and sadomasochism. on this board at least, there seems to be a very...powerful... reaction towards sex.

i agree that my initial post was limiting- i can't judge what i haven't seen or what doesn't exist. but if we only base it on the proposal of a "creepy spider-man", while i'd enjoy that take i wouldn't be surprised if there was a backlash.
    troo fan or death