Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Default DCU Crossovers (Bugs, Porky, Blue Falcon, etc. )

So we have an advanced solicit for the new special:

LEX LUTHOR/ PORKY PIG SPECIAL #1
    Written by MARK RUSSELL, with art by BRAD WALKER and ANDREW HENNESSY
    Backup story written by JIM FANNING, with art by JOHN LOTER
    cover by BEN OLIVER
    Facing financial and personal ruin, a desperate Porky Pig applies for and gets and entry-level position with LexCorp. Grateful to his new benefactor, Porky becomes Luthor’s most loyal employee and defender. But when a major scandal breaks in the news and Lex is called before a Congressional Committee, guess who is about to be offered up as the sacrificial pig?

And first of all: I think this creative team is at the level of excellence above excellent. But this got me wondering what the consensus was on the waves of related specials and if anyone specifically has an impression of the Superman/Bugs special?

A corporate drama starring Lex Luthor and Porky Pig?

Okay then .

Fantastic Member

I need to reread Superman/Bugs; I don't remember it. It was a separate thing before these one-shots. But I do remember that the Bugs one-shot in the last batch, with the Legion, left me underwhelmed.

I only picked up half of the first DC/Looney Tunes set. Jonah Hex/Yosemite Sam and Lobo/Road Runner intrigued me, but not enough to buy them. Wonder Woman/Taz felt like a throwaway. Of what I did buy, Bugs/Legion was so-so, but Martian Manhunter/Marvin the Martian was fun. None of them can touch Batman/Elmer Fudd. That book was magnificent.

I'm not sure what to think of the new set, because I think villain team-ups will be tricky to pull off.

Wow. I think I might own the Legion thing but haven't been able to locate it since it came out. But there is this giant Superman and Bugs special sitting at a local comic shop. It may be 80 or 100 pages, and I haven't bought it yet.

It's either a sad commentary on comics or a sad commentary on my mentality that these sorts of things are just about the only comics I read anymore. Outside of Action #1000, my list of "reads" in recent months tends to be Batman '66 and related comics, Mighty Mouse, Underdog, DC/ Scooby Doo crossovers and so on. In fact, I had pretty much stopped buying comics on a weekly basis until I discovered this "American Mythology" comics line. Then again, I will be picking up the latest volume of Future Quest tomorrow.
    Power with Girl is better.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A corporate drama starring Lex Luthor and Porky Pig?

Okay then .
    This was my reaction followed with "I'm in, full stop."

I need to reread Superman/Bugs; I don't remember it. It was a separate thing before these one-shots. But I do remember that the Bugs one-shot in the last batch, with the Legion, left me underwhelmed.
    It was a justice league looney tunes crossover that has the looney tunes universe and the dcu merging into one. Toyman is in it and I think mr mxyzptlk was the one who merged them but I could be wrong. I have not read it in a long time. Not sure why they didn't call it Looney tunes and justice league as the jla were the main heroes and not just superman.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

INTERESTING. The innocent Porky with the evil Lex Luthor.

I can't be the only one who finds that new cover's rendition of Porky Pig to be nightmare fuel, can I?

He looks horrifying!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Wow. I think I might own the Legion thing but haven't been able to locate it since it came out. But there is this giant Superman and Bugs special sitting at a local comic shop. It may be 80 or 100 pages, and I haven't bought it yet.
    If it's the one that came out around the same time as the first run of crossovers, it's simply a collection of the original four-issue Superman/Bugs miniseries.

Yeah, the art did look a little late 90s. I'll check it out since it's not apparently collected elsewhere. Thanks to you and Gaastra.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I can't be the only one who finds that new cover's rendition of Porky Pig to be nightmare fuel, can I?
    He looks horrifying!
    No, I thought the same thing! Looks more like Professor Pyg or something from "The Twilight Zone".

Also, whoever did the plaid pattern on Lex without thought to how said plaid material would shape around Lex's body... that's kinda lazy. And his foot's not done. Maybe this isn't the final? Lex looks sort of ethereal with the pattern going like that.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Ben Oliver works out some pretty cool visuals frequently, but since it's all so digital sometimes he has some very specifically digital flaws. I like how creepy that is though.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Exclusive Preview: “Lex Luthor/Porky Pig Special” #1: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...ecial-preview/