Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default Adventures of Super Sons Maxi Series by Peter Tomasi Announced (Sorta)

So DC's director of publicity just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/ShellDogDCPR/sta...32174641238016

tweetsuper.jpg

Don't think there is a official announcement yet, just 12 issues.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 05-17-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Maxi-Series? Not an ongoing? Interesting.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Dope, and also very much expected.

Tomasi's said he has two books dropping August and December. Since this is a maxi that means it'll be running alongside his December (assuming it's monthly. Very likely though), and it's possible they'll be related.

Hope this goes a long way to alleviate any worrying over Jon's fate.

In terms of the actual book, I'm way more interested in it because of its format likely lending itself to Tomasi opting for an overarching plot, and that'll be fascinating for the characters given the climate of the books now.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maxi-Series? Not an ongoing? Interesting.
    Yeah, definitely interesting. Makes me think whatever status quo happens in man of steel that leads to the new super sons series probably will be finished whenever this series ends. But it's nice they planned ahead with a definite 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Dope, and also very much expected.

Tomasi's said he has two books dropping August and December. If this is a maxi (meaning roughly 12 issues or so) then that means it'll be running alongside his December (5 months), and it's possible they're related.

Hope this goes a long way to alleviate any worrying over Jon's fate.

In terms of the actual book, I'm way more interested in it because of its format likely lending itself to Tomasi opting for an overarching plot, and that'll be fascinating for the characters given the climate of the books now.
    I wonder if this will be about Jon and Damian exploring the planet Jor El sent Jon and Lois to.

Fantastic Member

This is good news. I'm glad the series is making a come back.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I wonder if this will be about Jon and Damian exploring the planet Jor El sent Jon and Lois to.
    If that is Bendis' plan in MOS, Action, and Superman, then that's very possible. Equally possible, I think, is Jon and Damian hopping around the multiverse with Kathy. It's already been established that this is how Jon and Kathy pass time some days, and in the Superman Special Tomasi established that Damian and Jon have been messing around with the multiversal cube in the Fortress.

There's also the possibility of him playing with their future selves, a concept peppered all throughout his run.

I'd be down for any of this honestly, and the finality of the maxi format means it'll be a fairly complete story.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

If that is Bendis' plan in MOS, Action, and Superman, then that's very possible. Equally possible, I think, is Jon and Damian hopping around the multiverse with Kathy. It's already been established that this is how Jon and Kathy pass time some days, and in the Superman Special Tomasi established that Damian and Jon have been messing around with the multiversal cube in the Fortress.

There's also the possibility of him playing with their future selves, a concept peppered all throughout his run.

I'd be down for any of this honestly, and the finality of the maxi format means it'll be a fairly complete story.
    The idea of jon,damian and kathy exploring the multiverse is a great idea, really hope that's the case. Honestly all those idea you just suggested sound good. Hopefully Tomasi can pull through and we also get some good artists on this.

Damn, good point on the artist. I nearly forgot we can't get either Gleason or Jimenez. I think I'm actually excited for the possibility of a new look for the boys. Another plus for it being a limited run is that we could get an artist that who we don't see often on the monthly grind.

Any ideas on who you'd wanna see or who seems likely?

Edit: Like imagine Dustin Nguyen drawing Superboy and Robin for 12 issues. The dude's done a pretty substantial amount of Super Sons covers https://duss005.deviantart.com/gallery/

Last edited by Superlad93; 05-17-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Mighty Member

While the news of more Super Sons is super welcome (sorry), I hope the series remains on Earth for the most part. Part of what made Supersons so amazing was how grounded and relatable it was. Some of the best moments came from Jon and Damian at school or just going around Metropolis doing good deeds. Jon's emotional reactions to life events like moving really helped define the book. Anything Super Sons is an automatic buy for me, but I hope we don't lose what made it special in the first place.

I'm happy that Jon is still around, but I'm bored of him. I want more Lois, so unless the book will feature some of her as well, I can't say that I'll care.

Nice! That should set peoples minds at ease about the marriage and Jon. Excited to see what Tomasi's plans are for the maxi and who the artist will be.

Damn, good point on the artist. I nearly forgot we can't get either Gleason or Jimenez. I think I'm actually excited for the possibility of a new look for the boys. Another plus for it being a limited run is that we could get an artist that who we don't see often on the monthly grind.

Any ideas on who you'd wanna see or who seems likely?

Edit: Like imagine Dustin Nguyen drawing Superboy and Robin for 12 issues. The dude's done a pretty substantial amount of Super Sons covers https://duss005.deviantart.com/gallery/

Have to say mate you always come up with great ideas

Happy to see more Super Sons material. My kids were quite upset when the cancellation was announced so this is very welcome news.

Great its being brought back, sad that its not an ongoing.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Great its being brought back, sad that its not an ongoing.
    Yeah, I'm glad it's coming back but I'm sad it's not an ongoing. I'll happily take a maxi series though. At this point its better than nothing at all especially in the event I end up disliking Bendis on the main Super titles. The jury's still out on whether I will or not I will be continuing right now pending a bit more then the samples we've had thus far.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Well as I said on the Damian Wayne Appreciation Thread let your kids know about this happy new and I honestly do nto mind a maxi-series because ongoing titles are kind of dangerous these days especially when the writer changes or the current writer suffers from burn out.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he