Default Shard Appreciation

Apologies for starting a thread, I know it’s kinda frowned upon here. However, i didn’t see an Appreciation thread for this awesome character.

I always thought Shard was the more interesting character out of Bishop and the rest of X.S.E.....she really held her own in the late 90’s and had interesting stories in X-Factor without the presence of her Uber popular brother. Great interactions with Jamie Madrox and Wild Child. The fact she was just a hologram was super cool.

My question is, has she turned up since she was supposedly killed in the Bishop series? I can’t really remember how she died. Has there been any appearance or mention of her since then?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I don't think she has turned up in any books lately.

The last I've seen of Shard was in that X-Factor series from the late 90s where she was a hologram or something. They should really bring her back though, if only to give Bishop a purpose again. Also, despite being his younger sister, Shard actually outranked Bishop when they were in the XSE iirc.

Spectacular Member

I have an idea for a series: Chronomancer Fitzroy dies and regains his “soul” or “conscience” which was lost (like Guido) when Layla Madrox resurrected him. He then becomes repentant like Inverted Sabretooth and tries to make amends by becoming a member of the Time Variance Authority, which is to Time what the Exiles are to Space, and Shard becomes his partner/minder and eventually lover again...

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDC001 View Post
    I have an idea for a series: Chronomancer Fitzroy dies and regains his “soul” or “conscience” which was lost (like Guido) when Layla Madrox resurrected him. He then becomes repentant like Inverted Sabretooth and tries to make amends by becoming a member of the Time Variance Authority, which is to Time what the Exiles are to Space, and Shard becomes his partner/minder and eventually lover again...
    I like that idea, also it could be that Fritzroy needs her certain Chromo-Time energies to interact with a timeline that he has a different path and he gains another perspective on his life and what it could have been. I believe that she could return as a non-corporal being composed of energy that has limited capacities in that form. The idea you suggested is a good one.

Also Shard could appear to Bishop in a capacity of being a presence that he still has a link with via Chrono energies, but only he can see or hear her adding another dynamic to their relationship.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

awww I remember her from xmen tas. the memories
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!