Default Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill) vs Kaori Kanzaki (A Certain Magical Index)

To the death. Who wins?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

How fast is Kanzaki, because a bullet timer needed to take a bunch of combat drugs and use a magical power up to just barely edge Esdeath out on speed. Esdeath has autodefenses too, and can stop time, of course.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    How fast is Kanzaki, because a bullet timer needed to take a bunch of combat drugs and use a magical power up to just barely edge Esdeath out on speed. Esdeath has autodefenses too, and can stop time, of course.

In a battle with Mjolnir, Kanzaki demonstrated the speed to cut through a high voltage current.

She has intercepted Index's Dragon's Breath when it was already nearly on Touma. Said laser escaped the atmosphere and shot down a satellite immediately afterwards.

She once speed blitzed an entire group of the Knights of England who were shown as being able to easily react to lightning.

She has outran a huge lightning strike from Mjolnir as it fired with her at ground zero. Said lightning strike vaporized 1/3 of Radiosonde Castle which was several dozen kilometers wide. Said escape required her to barrel through several thick stone walls of the fortress as well.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

If she's consistently in the range of deflecting well feated lasers, then she's fast enough to easily blitz. As far as the lightning goes, I'd question where it came from. I find any sort of magical lightning blast or lightning gun to be a bit dubious without some feats, because it's so frequently treated as just another kind of generic energy blast without any respect paid to how electricity actually works and how fast it is.

That said, assuming the laser feat is as you say, that should put her plenty fast enough to blitz, and even Esdeath's auto-shielding hasn't proven THAT fast.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands