View Poll Results: Batman or Superman?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like Batman, don't like/ indifferent towards Superman.

9 8.33%
  • I like Superman, don't like/ indifferent towards Batman.

10 9.26%
  • I like both but Batman is better.

27 25.00%
  • I like both but Superman is better.

33 30.56%
  • Both characters are equally great.

29 26.85%
  • Both characters stink.

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Batman or Superman

I saw a few people on the DC characters you hate board picked either Batman or Superman as their choice. This isn't who would win or whatever, just who you like more. Who you find more interesting, who has the best stories.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman. Easy. The toys, the gadgets, the family, the villains, and all the wish-fulfillment fantasy.
    I like Superman's character/personality better but Batman still has the more interesting/exciting world.
    Bruce can be an ass sometimes... most of the times, depending on how he's written.
    Replace Batman with Superman's personality and keep all the toys and aesthetic, that will be my ideal.
    Dick. I just realized that would be Dick Grayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Batman. Easy. The toys, the gadgets, the family, the villains, and all the wish-fulfillment fantasy.
    I like Superman's character/personality better but Batman still has the more interesting/exciting world.
    Bruce can be an ass sometimes... most of the times, depending on how he's written.
    Replace Batman with Superman's personality and keep all the toys and aesthetic, that will be my ideal.
    Dick. I just realized that would be Dick Grayson.
    You must have loved Morrison's Batman and Robin Book

Fantastic Member

I went with both character are equally great. I like both characters but I love superman little more than batman.

I actually like Supes. But for Batman, I pretty much indifferent to him.

Which is weird because I love most of the Batfam, etc... But just not, Bruce.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Superman > Batman
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    I actually like Supes. But for Batman, I pretty much indifferent to him.

Which is weird because I love most of the Batfam, etc... But just not, Bruce.
    I've actually heard this from quite a few of my friends and I find it incredibly interesting. Could you elaborate? Is it because he's so serious? Like he's a tough love type of father figure? Or is it the Batgod thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    I've actually heard this from quite a few of my friends and I find it incredibly interesting. Could you elaborate? Is it because he's so serious? Like he's a tough love type of father figure? Or is it the Batgod thing?
    I think it's pretty much the Batgod thing. The "I'm right on everything because I'm Batman" , being almost perfect (except socially and yet he have one of the biggest family), being a bad mentor (not as bad as Green Arrow but yet), being an ass to almost everyone, being way to overpowered for what he is supposed to be, I get that it's a fictional world but he is still characterized as a human without any power. He is suppose to be the human of the Justice League but It feel like he is the less human of them all.

It's not the seriousness of the character, I'm a huge fan of somes characters who are like that (Scott Summers for exemple even if he is less than Bruce). And yeah, I'm not a fan of the tough father figure, but that's not what make me don't like the character.

And the fact that he is everywhere. I feel like he stole, everytime, the spotlight of pretty good character because DC knows that if there is Batman, they'll make money. (that also why I hate Harley and the Joker and that I don't like Logan and Deadpool for Marvel.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    I think it's pretty much the Batgod thing. The "I'm right on everything because I'm Batman" , being almost perfect (except socially and yet he have one of the biggest family), being a bad mentor (not as bad as Green Arrow but yet), being an ass to almost everyone, being way to overpowered for what he is supposed to be, I get that it's a fictional world but he is still characterized as a human without any power. He is suppose to be the human of the Justice League but It feel like he is the less human of them all.

It's not the seriousness of the character, I'm a huge fan of somes characters who are like that (Scott Summers for exemple even if he is less than Bruce). And yeah, I'm not a fan of the tough father figure, but that's not what make me don't like the character.

And the fact that he is everywhere. I feel like he stole, everytime, the spotlight of pretty good character because DC knows that if there is Batman, they'll make money. (that also why I hate Harley and the Joker and that I don't like Logan and Deadpool for Marvel.
    Isn't there something poetic about that?

I like both, but Batman is more interesting and fun to read/watch. He is a character who can carry his own universe with just his supporting cast and rouge gallery.

Retired

I used to like both equally, but what DC has done with Batman has really turned me off. There are 3 things that have depleted Batman of his novelty: spinning off so many other characters to create a glut of bat family members; over saturating the market with so many titles; and giving Batman what amounts to super-powers, when it used to be that he could get beaten and had a real challenge against normal crooks.

Superman isn’t perfect but he’s still more in the range of what he was created to be. And while both are derivative of other things, I think Superman was the more original concept of the two and defines the genre. Any one of a number of mystery men could have had the success of Batman, under different circumstances.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I used to think I didn't like Batman, but now I realize that I just hated the way most writers portrayed him. When Batman's written by Morrison or King, I like him just fine. The problem is writers who are capable of that kind of quality are pretty rare.

Whereas I have been putting up with really piss-poor to passable Superman for decades, so I must like him more, or I am just a glutton for mediocrity

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

IMO, it's Batman by a nose.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Depends on how the writers are (mis)treating them, but in general I tend to prefer Batman/Gotham City over Superman/all over the universe.

As characthers, i like then equally, but i admit that Batman's world and mithology is slightly more appealing to my tastes, there is little about it that i dislike, when there is stuff about Superman that i'm indifferent (Jimmy Olsen, Brainiac, Smallvile Superboy), althougth being fair, i'm not fond of most of the stuff than Snyder added in the last few years to the charachter.