Default What story/character did Slott NOT get to during his run that you wanted to see?

One of the things that stand out about Slott's lengthy run for me isn't the sheer number of issues he wrote but the fact that he covered so many characters during it, including some pretty obscure ones. Some were covered as little more than a fleeting reference or inside joke---oftentimes not more than a few panels, but they were covered. So, with his run winding down with #800 shortly and then the coda issue #801 next month, it makes me think: were there any obscure or peripheral characters (civilian or villain) that you wished he had gotten to? How about a plot point or story (other than OMD!)? Curious to hear what you guys think......

Mighty Member

I wish we'd gotten more Kingsley. I love the character, but he was only ever in Slott's run as a B-plot/catalyst for other stories. A full fledged Hobgoblin story, unrelated to Phil or Norman, would probably be at the top of my list. As someone who grew up reading during the late-Michelinie/DeMatteis era, I have a soft spot for all the Maximum Carnage villains - Carrion, Shriek, Demogoblin, Doppleganger - and would have also liked to see Slott (or anyone, really) take a stab at rehabilitating Judas Traveller and Scrier. They had a lot of potential that got all screwed up as the Clone Saga spiraled out of control.

a visit to Detroit. Oh well....

My personal biggest disappointment is I wish we could've seen Julia Carpenter come back into the book after waking up from her coma. She had a fairly important supporting role up to Superior, so to see her pretty much disappear outside of one or two other books was a shame. Especially considering those other books have been pretty vague regarding what powers she still has or not, would've been great to see that expanded upon, and I'm interested to see what Peter's reaction to everything that happened with her would've been.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ollie Osnick, the Steel Spider. He idolized both Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus and Spider-Man, so it would have been cool to see his reaction to Otto as the Superior Spider-Man, essentially combining his two idols. He could've also been hired by Otto-as-Peter or Peter himself for Parker Industries, which would have been great as well. Speaking of people connected to Otto that should've shown up, how about Carolyn Trainer, trying to avenge her beloved Otto after his "death" at the hands of Spider-Man, unaware that "Spider-Man" was now Otto's mind in control of Peter's body? Could also have her hook up with the reborn Otto Octavius post-Clone Conspiracy/Secret Empire, having them work together once more to bring Spider-Man/Peter Parker down and punish him for coasting off Otto's work and passing it off as his own (according to Otto's flawed reasoning, of course).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Who is FACADE ?

BANNED

Judas Traveller. Almost everyone from the Clone Saga returned under Dan Slott's wing except Judas and Spidercide. Spidercide, i do not care but Judas should come back.

Astonishing Member

Good question.
    Dan Slott besides being a great writer is one of the best (If not even the best) writer at a Spider-Man comic book to write stories that reference previous stories.
    So considerating that Dan Slott had (To say just a few!) Facade,Iguana,Stunner,Big Wheel as characters in his run,that does not leave many "untorned stones" in regards of previous characters from the Spider-Man comic books continuity.
    Even characters that i wish were writen by Dan Slott that were not as Shriek,Doppleganger or Tombstone,those were characters writen by other writers during Dan Slott run in ASM.
    The ones i remembre now are just characters that were not writen by Dan Slott but writen by other writers but even so i would like to had read a story by Dan Slott with them as Kraven,Tombstone,Doppleganger or the Spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    My personal biggest disappointment is I wish we could've seen Julia Carpenter come back into the book after waking up from her coma. She had a fairly important supporting role up to Superior, so to see her pretty much disappear outside of one or two other books was a shame. Especially considering those other books have been pretty vague regarding what powers she still has or not, would've been great to see that expanded upon, and I'm interested to see what Peter's reaction to everything that happened with her would've been.
    Same with me.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ollie Osnick, the Steel Spider. He idolized both Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus and Spider-Man, so it would have been cool to see his reaction to Otto as the Superior Spider-Man, essentially combining his two idols. He could've also been hired by Otto-as-Peter or Peter himself for Parker Industries, which would have been great as well. Speaking of people connected to Otto that should've shown up, how about Carolyn Trainer, trying to avenge her beloved Otto after his "death" at the hands of Spider-Man, unaware that "Spider-Man" was now Otto's mind in control of Peter's body? Could also have her hook up with the reborn Otto Octavius post-Clone Conspiracy/Secret Empire, having them work together once more to bring Spider-Man/Peter Parker down and punish him for coasting off Otto's work and passing it off as his own (according to Otto's flawed reasoning, of course).
    Great idea. Not using Steel Spider during Superior Spider-man era was a missed opportunity.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, all of this for sure seems like the biggest thing missing, for me at least. Glad we got to see Stunner though.

They're obviously already back over in Ben Reilly the Scarlet Spider, but I would've loved to see Slott bring the Slingers into the cast. I bet he could've done wonders with them.

Seeing Armada would've been cool, too.

-Pav, who misses that weirdo...

EDIT:

OH! And Komodo, his creation from Avengers the Initiative! I still think she'd be a good romantic interest for Peter.

Also, the last Scarlet MVP clone.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Yeah, all of this for sure seems like the biggest thing missing, for me at least. Glad we got to see Stunner though.

They're obviously already back over in Ben Reilly the Scarlet Spider, but I would've loved to see Slott bring the Slingers into the cast. I bet he could've done wonders with them.

Seeing Armada would've been cool, too.

-Pav, who misses that weirdo...

EDIT:

OH! And Komodo, his creation from Avengers the Initiative! I still think she'd be a good romantic interest for Peter.

Also, the last Scarlet MVP clone.
    Both of those characters would've been great to see, too. However, given that Spider-Man kind of traumatized Komodo when they first met, not sure how they'd get from there to being romantic with each other. Of course, with Ben Reilly (and Kaine Parker) back . . . maybe he and Pat (the last MVP Scarlet Spider) can team up. Or fight. Whichever.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I can't imagine there's anyone he didn't get to write about that he wanted to write about.

He feels icky about writing Kraven post-resurrection, so there's one A-list villain he hasn't tackled, but I'm not sure we'd get a good result if he had gone with a story he didn't want to tell.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets