Default Should Lawrence Kasdan be brought back for nine?

He seems to really 'get' Star Wars-he's co-written four (ESB, ROTJ, TFA and SOLO) of the now ten films, and seems to work really well with the more humorous aspects of the films (At times, it felt like TLJ sort of was trying too much to go for the more slapstick humor of the prequels, especially during the Canto Bight sequence). Apparently he didn't work on TLJ because he was busy with Solo, and wanted Rian Johnson to do his "own weird thing".

Not sure what episode 9's script status is, although I think Abrams was more or less working on it mostly by himself although with probably at least some of the foundation from when Colin Tremorrow was involved..
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    He seems to really 'get' Star Wars-he's co-written four (ESB, ROTJ, TFA and SOLO) of the now ten films, and seems to work really well with the more humorous aspects of the films (At times, it felt like TLJ sort of was trying too much to go for the more slapstick humor of the prequels, especially during the Canto Bight sequence). Apparently he didn't work on TLJ because he was busy with Solo, and wanted Rian Johnson to do his "own weird thing".

Not sure what episode 9's script status is, although I think Abrams was more or less working on it mostly by himself although with probably at least some of the foundation from when Colin Tremorrow was involved..
    Come on now, we all know they were trying to ape MCU """""humour""""
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

No. I won't put all the blame on him for the Solo script, but that script was terrible. Lawrence Kasdan hasn't really written anything good by himself since 1990, so it's questionable as to what he would bring to the table other than a knowledge of Star Wars. Frankly, I think if they just want to do a standard Star Wars movie for the last one in the trilogy, I think J.J. can touch on the greatest hits all by himself.