Astonishing Member

Default Early Image- WildStorm Universe

(I believe) I bought a copy of every WildStorm comic published by both Image and DC. Early Image has a bad rep of being typical '90s books but I've been having fun reading the WildStorm issues. I'm reading them in publishing order and just go done reading the WildStorm Rising crossover. Reading this universe, I had forgotten how tight continuity used to be. I love how something that happens in one series is talked about in another series. And although the art is typical of the '90s, I've been thoroughly enjoying most of the issues thus far.

Anyone else enjoyed WildStorm's early issues?

I thought Wildcats was subpar but readable until Alan Moore came on and made me love the book. I've been trying to read Stormfront, but it's been abysmal. I haven't reached the Marz run yet, so maybe it improves. It just suffers from the characters not being introduced. The book is running along as though we know everyone and how they matter to each other. I haven't really read anything else. Honestly, I have the two Alan Moore collections and I don't need anything else from the Image run. Wildstorm is the rare case of DC's involvement actually improving the books because the time traveling arc in Wildcats was also terrible.

The other Wildstorm books I can't comment on because I haven't touched them nor do I have plans to do so.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

The first couple of issues of StormWatch were pretty dull, but around #6 things start to work. Ron Marz' run on StormWatch was good. Also the series Backlash (the first 15 issues or so), Deathblow and Team 7 were good.

I love Wildstorm books during their Image days. In DC, it's just not the same.

With Wildstorm had great series and middle of the road stuff.

Loved Alan Moore -Wildcats, Warren Ellis-Storm Watch & Authority, Ed Brubaker-Sleeper & Authority, Mark Millar-Authority, Garth Ennis-The Boys(moved to Dynamite)

Meh-WildCats, Wildstar, Welcome to Tranquility,

I think WildCATS was one of the only early Image titles I actually liked...