Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Astonishing Member

It's ridiculous to say the fandom is the one that's toxic when this show is the one fanning the flames. Creators behind it want to add fuel to the fire. What do they a get out of shitting on this fanbase?
    It sort of worked for Teen Titans Go! They parodied their older fan base all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You're right about Spice's updates being sparse. It's probably been one per year (some con last year and the Crunchyroll Originals this year). They announced that way too early.

She is ugly. They're ALL ugly.
    I took Cheetara as an example because that was what the main anger of the She-Ra reboot hinged on as well. That they couldn't imagine having sex with them because they looked "ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    And wb started it! In that very first and last promo the head of the show more or less insults the show and calls it dumb ticking off the fans. Why on earth would you insult the show you are spinning off from In your first promo? It got so much dislikes and hate cn yanked it off of youtube! It's like a "how not to reboot a show." They did everything wrong. Scooby did a carl arts reboot also but didn't insult the original show or fans in the first promo and made it to three seasons at least. (they did make daphne pinky pie from my little pony for some reason.)

As for me I did give the show a chance and hated it but did give it a try before I wrote it off. If people like it that's fine but I didn't care for it myself.
    As I said I do think they respected what came before especially considering what of the lore of the old show they have already used in the new show. And believe me, I can totally get why this isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Though people thinking like the 80s show was some form of high art have clearly not re-watched it in recent years is all I'm saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's ok for the creators to be vitriolic pieces of crap?
    I mean if you want to look at it like that, sure lol. You do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's ridiculous to say the fandom is the one that's toxic when this show is the one fanning the flames. Creators behind it want to add fuel to the fire. What do they a get out of shitting on this fanbase?
    I don't see it. From everything I've ever seen, toxicity starts and ends with factions in the fanbase -- and believe you me, it gets bad.

And wb started it! In that very first and last promo the head of the show more or less insults the show and calls it dumb ticking off the fans. Why on earth would you insult the show you are spinning off from In your first promo? It got so much dislikes and hate cn yanked it off of youtube! It's like a "how not to reboot a show." They did everything wrong. Scooby did a carl arts reboot also but didn't insult the original show or fans in the first promo and made it to three seasons at least. (they did make daphne pinky pie from my little pony for some reason.)

As for me I did give the show a chance and hated it but did give it a try before I wrote it off. If people like it that's fine but I didn't care for it myself.
    There's no such thing as a "cal arts style" or "cal arts reboot."
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    It sort of worked for Teen Titans Go! They parodied their older fan base all the time.
    Eh, not really TTG knows it's trash and presents itself as such. The show pokes more fun at itself than anything. They even had a show were the TTG chars were watching the original show and saying how cool it was. It's a parody and it knows it. It never presented itself as "better than the original and the original show is crap" yadayada.

Mighty Member

Hmm, I've seen the original through Toonami back in the early 2000's. So while I have memories of it and generally liked the show, I'd definitely believe that it's a cartoon of its time, which makes it fall into all of the 80's tropes that all action cartoons suffer from. One thing I really wonder is why every action oriented animated series has to be a comedy nowadays. Thank goodness I was a child when Batman the Animated Series was running, and despite the other superhero cartoons at that time DEFINITELY being products of the 90's, they still took themselves seriously enough with their restrictions. I definitely enjoyed them compared the tone to most goofier shows...I probably wouldn't have gotten into comics had I grown up today, and probably have wrote them as "kid stuff" as I would be expecting stuff that one would grow out of. Granted stupidity sells in this day and age, so I can't fault this show for taking that route as that's kind of what works nowadays. I liked the 2011 reboot enough, and it made a lot of decisions I wouldn't have made, it did take itself seriously (maybe too seriously).

I find it hilarious how everyone hates Snarf, both cartoons since the original have had him as a pet rather than Lion-o's caretaker/nanny. Though I suppose because how he looks as the cartoonisly comic relief he stands out in comparison. I'd have just made him the elf to the Thundercat's humans.

Roar is now on the main channel. It aired this morning after the 20000th rerun of teen titans go.

Mighty Member

I find it funny that a lot of people got mad at this show over something Teen Titans Go! actually did. This show is kinda lame, but it doesn't engage on fanbase bashing at all. It just kind of keeps to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I might also be the only one who didn't think that the 2011 show wasn't really that great lol.
    Honestly, yeah. The 2011 series had some great art and even better ideas, but the execution was disappointing. Lots of episodes with very repetitive themes and lessons. The characters were always at each other's throats. The love drama was horrible. There were too many blatant plot-holes. I've seen the ideas they had for the second season, and again, a mix of great ideas (Snarf's origin, the Slythe/Lynx-O conflict) and questionable ones (Tigra killing Pumyra, Lion-O ending up with Wilykit).

I will say I do feel bad for its fans, though. CN treated it horribly for a Lego rip-off cash-in they saw as more profitable, even though it bombed as well.

It's getting reported it just got cancelled.

Whaaat? No! Say it ain't so!

(they did make daphne pinky pie from my little pony for some reason.)
    They gave the in-story reason in episode 1: she's looking for a role she can fill within the group.

Also she was nothing like Pinkie Pie

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

I knew that this show was in trouble the moment in the very first promo that Lion-O came out and referred to the Sword of Omens as his "magical slicing stick" that this wasn't going to go over well. And I get the frustration of the fandom on the show but honestly thought things were taken way too far on both sides. I think that one of the things that bothered people was that it's one thing for Family Guy or Robot Chicken to make jokes about Thundercats but it's another for the entire brand new version of the franchise to be seen as a big joke. It's similar to when people take an older franchise and try to make it dark and moody to make it "real" and then are shocked when people don't react to it.

I remember watching the pilot on Cartoon Network.com and actually laughing at some of the jokes. I kept thinking as I was watching it that it felt like a sketch or something off of the "MAD" cartoon series that aired on Cartoon Network from 2008 to 2011 and couldn't see it lasting as a series. I've watched various clips on YouTube and I keep thinking that if it hadn't had the Thundercats name attached to it then maybe it would have been better received and yet probably A)would have been compared to Thundercats and B) probably wouldn't have gotten made.

Did the showrunner give the typical "We are so awesome wouldn't change a thing" speech one gives when they crash and burn in spectacular fashion
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest